I LOVE AV WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next

Why is that? It's the same distance. Horde can zerg just as easily as alliance. But, can alliance defend as easily as horde?

You never noticed you guys cap everything faster. I have played both sides, alliance zerg is a joke. The towers are easier to cap than the bunkers. The map has always favored the alliance for zerging. You will cap faster everytime.

Excuses, excuses.

Maybe if you spent less time complaining about alliance having some imaginary advantage in a zerg and spent more time backcapping or defending.

Why is that? It's the same distance. Horde can zerg just as easily as alliance. But, can alliance defend as easily as horde?

You never noticed you guys cap everything faster. I have played both sides, alliance zerg is a joke. The towers are easier to cap than the bunkers. The map has always favored the alliance for zerging. You will cap faster everytime.

What is the first cap you see in every AV? Alliance capping snowfall. Yea same distance completely. Not.

Even if it were true, there's no way it's more than a couple of seconds. How often does horde lose by a few seconds?
Gotta love all the Alliance that swear AV is totally balanced and they don't win any more than Horde-

...and then they brag about how much honor AV weekend is.
Gotta love all the Alliance that swear AV is totally balanced and they don't win any more than Horde-

...and then they brag about how much honor AV weekend is.

Gotta love how horde complain it's imbalanced and yet they can stop an alliance zerg and don't.

I have finally blacklisted AV. The way it tends to play out most of the time for me, is a zerg vs. zerg with horde winning as much as alliance (in the ones I'm in) or an HK farm premade. Neither of those appeal to me so I blacklisted a map I used to love.

Even if it were true, there's no way it's more than a couple of seconds. How often does horde lose by a few seconds?

If both sides only zerg(as in no defense, backcapping on either side), pretty much everytime.

And capping snowfall is way more than a few seconds before a horde cap.

[quote]

Excuses, excuses.

Maybe if you spent less time complaining about alliance having some imaginary advantage in a zerg and spent more time backcapping or defending.

See you don't get it. The argument I made is that alliance has the map advantage for zerging. I know horde can win if they defend and backcap. Someone earlier stated alliance always backcaps. That is not true. Most of the time they do not. They simply cap towers, kill boss to win. Horde has to do a different strategy to stop their zerg or they will lose. Unfortunately most pugs just want quick games so convincing them to backcap and defend is easier said then done.

But you can continue to be in denial and say alliance have no advantage whatsoever. BG stats say different. AV is the really one of the only bgs so heavily won by the alliance. It says something.
I feel like I'm forced to queue AV tonight, 38sec queue for av weekend or 6 min queue for random....umm yeah..
Pfft I never queue randoms I'd rather wait and get into a bg I enjoy wsg all day err day.
[quote]
Excuses, excuses.

Are you correct? Yes, well, sort of.

As a midfield, tower guarding masochist you find out just how much you can hate your own faction's pugs.

I have spent way too much time guarding SHB and IWB, or going back and trying to backcap.

In SHB and IWB I often find myself guarding solo. Asking for extra defenders gets either no response, or a lot of people mouthing off and still not helping.

Backcapping horde towers you can often find yourself solo as well and asking for assistance garners the same response.

Horde towers are small enclosed space where every player is within 10 yards of each other, AOE can't be avoided, and it is nearly impossible, basically is, to ninja recap.

Compare that to an alliance bunker where you can sneak in and recap if people aren't looking, it's a far bigger area, you aren't sitting on top of each other and on top of the flag.

Also a good healer or tank spec can run around and protect the flag and LOS a lot easier, although knockbacks have helped a bit.

Between the players refusing to do much more than run up to Vann and yell at each other, the differences in the towers, and the fact the alliance more often than horde tends to have recap teams and multiple tower defenders there isn't much a single horde player can do. Even if you are team player. Team players die solo trying to defend or recap.

The bg is winnable from both sides, but it does reward an ally zerg more than a horde one, and alliance pugs seem to have a better herd mentality in there. (I have played both sides.)

I would love to see official stats on wins and losses in there.

The problem for horde is that when you have a group of players who usually will run to the end and not even sit in the bunkers up by Vann, who will zerg and cap the middle and then run away and who won't ever truly worry about objectives it means you often can't win. The alliance don't always win, but I generally am shocked when they don't.

The only things I would like to see changed in AV would be similar towers, not being able to ninja recap is huge. Also I would ask Blizzard to remove the zerg achievement and make attacking the end bosses suicide unless all the marshals are down.

Does the horde have any huge distinct advantage that they always have access to? I can't speak for all horde, but I have found my queues have always been shorter than the alliance ones to get into AV. Faster queues into losses on the horde side, is that a bonus? Who knows.

I can control my actions, but controlling the other thirty nine players is like herding cats. Angry, rude, foul mouthed cats.
I love the lag when the bg starts, and the five seconds it takes for the spirit healer to spawn.
Horde is losing bad today, people rage at each other instead of playing..lol

As a midfield, tower guarding masochist you find out just how much you can hate your own faction's pugs.

Trust me, it's not all that different on the alliance side. If I queue with 3 or 4 other people, I know we'll have a solid recap group. If I solo queue, there's a good chance no one will help recap. That's frustrating. You're watching horde advance with absolutely no resistance from your group and it makes me wish we could go hostile on our own faction.
There actually are Horde that haven't vetoed AV yet...? Huh. Well I guess some people get off on self-inflicted punishment. Next you will be telling me there are Horde who willingly partake in IoC...

In any case, don't expect Blizzard do anything. Just blacklist it and move on in your life. No point making a fuss over something you can't change.

Trust me, it's not all that different on the alliance side. If I queue with 3 or 4 other people, I know we'll have a solid recap group. If I solo queue, there's a good chance no one will help recap. That's frustrating. You're watching horde advance with absolutely no resistance from your group and it makes me wish we could go hostile on our own faction.

Oh I know it happens both sides. Having played both sides I have experienced the good and the bad of both. I generally just see more recap teams and defenders for alliance, which, of course, is just the small cross section of bgs that I see.

AV is fun when you have some folks you can count on.
I'm just glad I can keep AV blacklisted during CTA. Even though I win more than I lose there, it's a bg I don't feel I can directly affect the outcome as much so I avoid it.
I didn't realize there was a requirement to get weapons ..7200 honor or some such.

Shouldn't be a problem.

I have 2 alts (technically an alt and my main which i never play anymore) I'll need to hit that cap for both of them before AV weekend is over.

Seems doable.
One bg that horde can't faceroll and they cry about it...poor horde at least u have isle of thunder to gank and camp 5v1 like pros

Oh I know it happens both sides. Having played both sides I have experienced the good and the bad of both. I generally just see more recap teams and defenders for alliance, which, of course, is just the small cross section of bgs that I see.

AV is fun when you have some folks you can count on.

I agree that it's more fun when you have other players you can count on, but since I usually only queue with 1 or 2 other people, I found it was easier to just blacklist AV and have Blizzard play a cruel, cruel joke on me. Replaced SotA with AV on the blacklist and got SotA 5 times back to back in randoms, followed by a WSG and then another SotA. Stop hating on me, Blizzard!
hem before AV weekend is over.

Seems doable.

7200 CONQUEST.