Launcher issues

Mac Technical Support
For the last 2 days I have been trying to log in to no avail...

I click on launcher, and is goes to the 5.2 thunder boss screen and will load patch notes. Then it show initializing... and 0.0% until i get an error message that reads "failed to download a required file. Please check you internet connection and try again"

I am in China, but I have a VPN. However, in the past I have been able to download client without my VPN up.

I'm thinking of coming back from a two year reprieve, but now I don't know...

I have seen MANY other people on a Mac having issues getting on.

One would think Bliz would have tested their 5.2 patch on a mac. Prior to launch
I am having a similar issue. Logged on after 5.2 dropped using 10.6 - chose to "continue anyway" after seeing message advising an update to 10.8 recommended. Game patched 5.2 as expected, played fine.

Installed 10.8 the next day, no problems there. Game would now no longer launch from dock icon. Launched using wow launcher. A patch of about 900 Mb then applied (some sort of new support now that I have 10.8?), downloaded successfully, was able to click play, continued into game (also experienced fps issues mentioned elsewhere). That was yesterday.

Today, a few minutes ago, had to use launcher again. This time launcher initialized a small patch of about 9 Mb, which stopped loading about 2% from the end.

Cancelled download, exited entirely. Tried using launcher again. This time, launcher appeared to initialize for a patch, but would not progress past 0.1% of download. And at this point I remain.

Edit: Restarted computer. WoW icon had disappeared from dock. Dragged WoW back onto dock from app folder, clicked on it. Launcher started up again. Initialized for a patch - held my breath - then Play button was enabled immediately. Entered game successfully - hooray!
I have 10.8, and it was working last weekend, now NOTHING!!! come on blues fix this.
I click on launcher, and is goes to the 5.2 thunder boss screen and will load patch notes. Then it show initializing... and 0.0% until i get an error message that reads "failed to download a required file. Please check you internet connection and try again"

There was a new client patch today.

You need to go to :

http://patchup.info/wow/tfil/NA/

And grab a new wow.tfil file and wow.mfil file.

Unzip if necessary and drag into wow folder replacing what's there.

MFIL Link : http://patchup.info/files/mfil/2013-03-08-NA-16669-06D613E9F3B3E9AD4D93C6E5617E30A6-82B346/WoW.mfil

Mac Tech Support MVP.
Not processing forum posts Fri 6 PM NZST to Sun 6 PM NZST
IRL Work comes first
problem persists

should I uninstall and re download client?
It's still saying failed to download a required file ?

Going to need to see your battle.net logs :

Mac HD -> Users -> Shared

Copy battle.net folder to desktop

Delete all programs inside it

Zip it up and upload to dropcanvas.com

Mac Tech Support MVP.
Not processing forum posts Fri 6 PM NZST to Sun 6 PM NZST
IRL Work comes first
ok, I don't know what exactly I happened:

I went into the Battle.net folder

Then, to "setup"

off to "wow_enus"

and clicked on the "world of warcraft set up"

it "software updated"

then launcher started up and started downloading content...