Ho do you know someone played vanilla?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
03/18/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Belorion
or check their 'cheves, if they have a pvp FoS from 2008 then they got the pvp rank in vanilla.

That only shows up on the character that actually got it.

Wait, this character earned the "Corporal" title?! o_O

Admitedly, it doesn't show my horde characters PvP title any more posting on this character.

Or shows up in 2013, when you re-subbed after a 5 year hiatus pre-achievements/Feats. And people then call you a liar, say you cleared Onyxia 60 man in 2013... *sigh*.

I played Vanilla WoW, anyone wants to go grab a coffee downstairs ?
You will know them by their "Thousand Yard Stare".

It's the look of someone who has organized and done 40 man raiding, aka cat herding.

I led exactly 1 MC run, did DKP for a couple and was class officer for a few months. Thankfully, my hiatus cured the "Thousand yard stare" though it took quite a few years...
So far as I know, there's nothing on my profile -- of any of my characters -- to indicate that I started my Tauren Druid -- Hakuna, of Uther -- in January 2005.

If that actually bothered me, I'd worry about it.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/1944896

January 28th 2005

And here is a page that shows that Hakuna is your alt.
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/uther/Hakuna

Holy Crow, thank you! I clearly didn't know about that. While it didn't bother me that I couldn't prove it, it's kinda nice to now know that I can.
I love the threads where people google info and use that to prove they play.

All such liars...
Proud MoP baby here. I've wanted to play since launch but life got in the way. That's okay with me. It'll get boring much slower for me since I have a lot I haven't done not including MoP content itself.
<--Closed Beta here =P
I miss the Chicken of Death lol
They tell you about how Hogger was the hardest 40 man raid.

Kidding....partially ;)
Does not really matter when someone began playing. When I see a fellow player I simply see someone else who like me happens to play wow, I have never asked nor cared when someone else started playing.
A Mage, Paladin, or Warlock walk into the room......they win...lol
They tell you about how Hogger was the hardest 40 man raid.

Kidding....partially ;)

He was, all 80 of our lvl1 chars took hours to drop him lol
Been here since 05 and still love it

I'd even argue that the game is better these days
They know where Manrik's wife is.
or check their 'cheves, if they have a pvp FoS from 2008 then they got the pvp rank in vanilla.

Knight Kybeorie!

I've played in vanilla, since 45 minutes after release. It took me that long to drive to the Walmart 7 minutes away, stand in a line with 3 other nerds at 12:01 AM, then get it to bring back home.

I did not have to install the CD/DVD, since the open beta client was the same (was in beta phase 3, 4 then the open beta.) It did some minimal patch then I was good to go.

This was my second character. I was bored, and jaded, on my priest at level 60 when I made this one. Then this one got to 60 easily, then was bored. So I did PVP at tarren mill, since there were no battlegrounds yet.

I still have some fun emails, in my yahoo mails. They are being invited to beta phase 3, 4, then the open beta. Then there are some customer service emails just after the release of the game, which they answered.

Except some didn't bother with PvP in the early days--or presently play characters that didn't exist those first two years (duh).

Mostly, you don't. If you're not a credulous fool, anything really outrageous should trip your BS detector. If you didn't play those first two years, what does it really mean to you?

It hardly matters. It was, what? Eight years ago? It doesn't effect the present day game. Blizz isn't big on revisiting the past.
Holy Crow, thank you! I clearly didn't know about that. While it didn't bother me that I couldn't prove it, it's kinda nice to now know that I can.

Really ? That's awesome :

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/18913093

EDIT : Wow, took me 2 months to get to 60 O_O. Man was the game grindy back then.
03/18/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Belorion

Maybe you're thinking about the title? This character has one of those feats of strength and there's no way I could have earned it on her.
Check FoS