Determination's and LFR getting dumber

General Discussion
Post Limit:
So I marched my way into the new Throne of Thunder section in Looking for Raid and I have to say, I'm very disappointed. Yes, LFR leaves a lot of red on your forehead from all the facedesks to start with; but then I realized most groups are now going to choose to ignore mechanics all together in favor of wiping for an hour on every boss to build up the new determination buff Blizzard implemented.

Determination means that every time your group wipes on a boss, your damage and health will increase by a stackable percentage. This means that a group having subsequent trouble on a boss will have a greater chance in the future of downing a boss. Or, as is LFR's current strategy, "We're going to continuously screw up, ignoring mechanics, until we become godly enough to down it while standing in the !@#$."

While I approve of Determination, it is a great idea to keep groups together, I do not approve of spending hundreds of gold and three hours to down a single boss before moving on to the next one. LFR is not normal-mode raiding, it is supposed to be an incredibly easier version of max level raiding that non-raiders or those gearing up can enjoy. It would be one thing if most of the group would listen to directions, but the groups I've been in so far have consisted of people choosing to ignore mechanics repeatedly and just wait for this buff to solve all their worries.

All I have to say to you, to anyone who thinks this is cool, is that you are wasting other people's time and gold when you could just be paying attention, dps'ing what you're supposed to, and standing where things don't hurt you. You could make everyone else's lives easier and get done with encounters a lot quicker if you just

DO WHAT THE (*%$&) YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO.

Thank you.
This is a terrible post. Nobody thinks that.
If you don't like what the majority of the group is doing, you can always just leave that group (raid).
Nobody wipes on a boss for an hour to down him in 4min and then have the buff go away.
Nobody wipes on a boss for an hour to down him in 4min and then have the buff go away.

I actually had players in two different groups suggest exactly that - for the group to intentionally wipe enough to build up the Determination stacks so the boss would die. And I totally expect the bored griefer gangs to latch onto that strategy before too much longer. "Oh noes, we wiped again but at least we'll get another stack of Determination." They aren't going to care the group is wiping - they're just there to have fun griefing other players. Garalon's nerfed Crush with the 30 sec CD is Blizzard's response to griefers. Now the mechanic is meaningless and the fight totally boring.

I think the OP worded things very poorly but his general idea is right - just do the fights as intended in the first place and the bosses will die. People say they want to be raiding - mechanics are part of raiding. If you don't want to deal with mechanics, don't raid even in LFR. You're not doing other content that needs the gear anyway.
This is an excellent post and sums it up nicely.
06/03/2014 09:40 PMPosted by Nieladys
Amazing post is amazing.

Duhhh me can't read date from post
Then you are getting bad groups.
So please stop judging everyone on the basis of a few it only makes you look like a fool,
03/15/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Essandem

LFR Nazgrim and LFR Garrosh up until the rolling LFR nerfs were EXACTLY that, actually.

Edit: Awesome necro is awesome.
While I was doing the cloak thing, the number of decent LFR experiences vastly outweighed the terrible ones. Granted, if it was a fail, it was usually a spectacular fail, but still, I can't really say it's the horrorshow many people make it out to be. Maybe I got lucky.
Wtf?

Why would you purposely wipe for an hour just to get the determination buff?

That's a waste of time and money (on repairs). I think you're just making this up because you have a grudge against LFR. /shrug
06/03/2014 10:19 PMPosted by Hystin
While I was doing the cloak thing, the number of decent LFR experiences vastly outweighed the terrible ones. Granted, if it was a fail, it was usually a spectacular fail, but still, I can't really say it's the horrorshow many people make it out to be. Maybe I got lucky.

I agree with this sentiment. I love LFR.
I should have just reported and not quoted the necro guy.

People this post is from MARCH LAST YEAR
06/03/2014 10:23 PMPosted by Spoon
I should have just reported and not quoted the necro guy.

People this post is from MARCH LAST YEAR

Ooh, I didn't notice. O_o
NECROMANCERS EVERYWHERE! *Rages*
It's a nice feature getting the buff but I don't know anyone who would do that. Everyone just wants to kill the boss and move on.