New Prot Pally getting out threat by DPS

Silly question but it tends to happen a lot, but do you have Righteous Fury on?

Pulled Primodrius last night without RF. Fun times.
03/20/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Keten
As you are only running heroic 5 man dungeons right now, your expertise cap would be 7.5% which you are not far off of.

Expertise cap for heroic dungeons is 12% actually. 7.5% is the soft cap for raids (which isn't relevant to Prot).

My mistake, not sure what I was thinking. Thanks for catching that :)

03/21/2013 01:21 AMPosted by Bravehearth
Just to note, Expertise has not effect on Holy Prism, Holy Wrath, and Consecration - all of which are great threat builders at the start of a pull, especially in multiple mob situations where threat problems are most likely to arise.

But do they use spell hit? If so then they do partially rely on expertise (just wouldn't need to be hard capped). You'd at least need to have 7.5% hit and 7.5% expertise to have 15% spell hit for them not to miss, if they do indeed use spell hit.

The change to spell hit with expertise did slip my mind, though I am not positive that any or all of those spells rely on it. Hit capping was my very first goal at the release of MoP, so I probably payed no attention to my spell hit. Parries are what bugged me when I was unable to reach that hard cap right away :P