Make Zandalari Warbringers Taunt Immune

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 36 Next
aww now you have to group up like it was intended.

What's the problem with being able to solo them? Just mad you can't or...? Confused. In similar news, I saw a blood dk with a holy paladin and a resto shaman healing her while she took three hours to kill a warbringer. Grats to them for being super skillful players and playing the game as it was clearly "intended" to be played! btw, the blue poster said he was looking into it, meaning he was doubtful as to whether or not this was intended. It may have been a goof when they hotfixed the mob to be immune to knockbacks.

Carry on.
03/18/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Rygarius
They also appear immune to stuns, snares, and roots.

I'm looking into that part right now.
It would probably be appreciated if they could still be stunned, slowed and rooted so that people who were soloing before aren't effected. What people had a problem with was the ability of others to interfere with the spawns in order to reset them in hopes of taking the tag for themselves.
03/18/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Valius
you know whats next? making it like raid bosses, lets make it only drop gold and make it so you have to use a token for another chance at more gold

Or you could not act like this and just accept what happened.

~Aeluron Lightsong

How about I punch you in the face and then say "Or you could not act like this and just accept what happened." You will not be happy, neither are we right now.
Why are all of the hunters crying.
I solo all of them just by having my pet tank. Just kill scarabs instantly and don't let the spirits hit your pet! Pick up glyph of mending (or w/e its called, 60% more healing) Spirit bond and the Spirit bond glyph.
and how is pet tanking growl and other spells no longer work
Why are all of the hunters crying.
I solo all of them just by having my pet tank. Just kill scarabs instantly and don't let the spirits hit your pet! Pick up glyph of mending (or w/e its called, 60% more healing) Spirit bond and the Spirit bond glyph.

have you done this in the last 30 mins? They are immune to taunts and pet growl so if it still works for you i would love to know.
Actually... Why aren't these mobs tag on faction like the other 5.2 rares?

I was looking forward to making an integrated effort in my server to hunt these babies, but later I realized what is happening is the annoying old fashioned camping and tag stealing.

Now, I know they drop a mount, but the drop rate is not so high... Why can't they be tag on faction?

Because they drop a mount and lots of profession materials/rep items. They drop too much loot to let the whole server get the tag on every one. Every warbringer that dies can't bring in 5 mounts, 30 bags filled with profession materials, and tons of rep. Not when there are five of them that each spawn in like an hour. It'd be an absurd amount of profession mat inflation and the mounts would become very common very quickly.

The Isle of Thunder rares effectively lock you out after a few kills (and don't drop nearly as valuable stuff). They'd have to do something similar, where only the first warbringer you kill can have loot or something.
03/18/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Aligatro

~Aeluron Lightsong

How about I punch you in the face and then say "Or you could not act like this and just accept what happened." You will not be happy, neither are we right now.
lol, just saying thats how it goes, next is loot like raid bosses
03/18/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Cyanazure
have you done this in the last 30 mins? They are immune to taunts and pet growl so if it still works for you i would love to know.

You know there is a glyph that gives Misdirect no Cooldown, and that its off GCD. So you can actually macro it into everything and not even generate threat.
Testing finished, EVERY immunity is turned on. slows fears, stuns, roots/snares, taunts, even interrupts.
Testing finished, EVERY immunity is turned on. slows fears, stuns, roots/snares, taunts, even interrupts.

That makes them just like the War-God on the boat on the Isle of Giants, then. Well, with one less ability and less health/damage. Though I think it might be intended. I was surprised to see the warbringers vulnerable to CC in the first place.
I kinda enjoyed soloing them but after so many kills and no mount you just say forget it. Ill buy the one from sunreavers.

I felt like I was doing something wrong because I have been in Blizzards system for so long, I knew they didnt want people to do that.

This hotfix proves it.
Though I think it might be intended. I was surprised to see the warbringers vulnerable to CC in the first place.

not being able to interrupt the fear is definitely not intended. that's a big issue. it's a very long duration fear and you can get feared very far away and leash it outside your control. Or die to a spirit you get feared into, also outside your control. I find it very unlikely they want you running around feared and dying to it.
Yeah. At first I thought it might have just been daze immunity making concussive shot not work, but I just tried one with a crocolisk and it wasn't able to slow it either. Kind of a pain, can't even use a distracting shot method to bounce it between you and your pet :(
Wondering if they also nerfed the spawn rate and loot also, have not seen one in 80 mins and counting and between 2 warbringers and 2 scouts, our group got 1 small bag and 3 insignia's
Screwing pet classes one nerf at a time. Can understand making them immune to taunts to stop the griefing but this really does make soloing them impossible as a pet class when our pets can't even taunt yet alone take hits from them because of a pet bug that's been here since 5.2 and has yet to be fixed(pets still do not take 90% less aoe dmg on humanoid targets and get eaten by every aoe).
Zandalari Warbringers are now immune to taunt, knockback, and grip effects.

Yay looks like I can't solo them anymore as brewmaster!
Well its about time. I told you, given enough problems people have constantly typed and how many times people have pissed off others, its about time you folks got off your high horse and did it! Finally the days of forced resets and tag stealing are OVER! So for you folks griefing others for your own amusement........karma is a !@#$%!
You know there is a glyph that gives Misdirect no Cooldown, and that its off GCD. So you can actually macro it into everything and not even generate threat.

yep i use

#showtooltip
/cast [@Pet,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection
/cast Arcane Shot

so if MD still works thats just what i needed to know, as i have just been using concussive shot to slow and them kite them while downing them, without needing to pet tank. I only pet tank as BM. Thanks, time to test a new strat.

~Aeluron Lightsong

You're comparing this situation to a physical assault. That's a terrible thing to do.

lol, just saying thats how it goes, next is loot like raid bosses

No it's not. You're using a slippery slope fallacy.

~Aeluron Lightsong