Race Class Restrictions (Yes again)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I think he may be referring to the Priestesses of the Moon, who were holy warriors. Tyrande is one.

However they are essentially what the Clerics of Northshire were before they became paladins. Melee priests. Some wore armor, but for the most part they wear cloth robes.

The PotM wore a mix of light mail, leather, and cloth, so that is another black mark against making a class like this.

So his suggestion=screwed.

The PotM wore a mix of light mail, leather, and cloth, so that is another black mark against making a class like this.

So his suggestion=screwed.

Pretty much. All you can do is RP one, which I can do on my NElf Priestess, Cynysia.
Worgen can't be Paladins because if the Paladin way of life prevented them from the curse, they wouln't Worgen, would they?
Worgen can't be Paladins because if the Paladin way of life prevented them from the curse, they wouln't Worgen, would they?

Also this.
There would be no point to being a Worgen paladin if they aren't, you know, worgen anymore.
03/19/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Fangry

Also this.
There would be no point to being a Worgen paladin if they aren't, you know, worgen anymore.

That would take all the fun out of it.
03/19/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Kaiylee

Also this.

(derailing of thread inc)
The main problem is trying to stay within lore, but also making a game out of it.

Lorewise, some is supported, but mechanically...Try making it work. It won't happen.
So If I were a Worgen and took up the holy light it would cure me?

(derailing of thread inc)

Hey hey hey. I'm perfectly capable of On-Topic Discussion.

Example:

Tauren Mage - Because Taurens are magical

They are not. Shamanism and Druidism isn't the same as being a Mage. Sure it may be classified as magic, in the case of a Druid. But it's not manipulation of forces, its working with the forces of Nature and the Elements.

Tauren attitudes towards nature and the elements shows their view towards Magic. It's just not them. They wouldn't manipulate forces for their own personal gain and power, willingly. They ask for aid, and to work alongside the forces and it is often granted, as they worship/respect/pay tribute to the relative forces.

Foresaken Hunter - I can allow them taming undead things but living animals would not befriend rotting corpses

As a previous Hunter main, this was my main issue with the introduction of this particular class/race combo. I still severely dislike it.

I know, just a bit of humor from me. =3

So If I were a Worgen and took up the holy light it would cure me?

Yes.
03/19/2013 08:41 PMPosted by Fangry

Waaaaait just a minute, how do you know? Have you been stalking me?
I like that explanation a lot. In that Tauren physically could be mages but wouldn't because it's unnatural magic. Unless they were twilight's hammer cult or something.
03/19/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Kaiylee

Uh.... nooooo?
/think
/cute whimper
Yes. Making you Human again.

Keeping in mind that a Priest uses the Holy Light as if it was a torch guiding them through a cave. A Paladin is the actual torch. They are the holy embodiment of the Light. Which is why Forsaken can't be Paladins. The pain would hurt too much. Kind of defeats the purpose because the Light cures diseases and curses. Forsaken is incurable.

Additions: In my opinion, Draenei could actually become Druids. Their way of life just seems to fit in with Druid lore.
I like that explanation a lot. In that Tauren physically could be mages but wouldn't because it's unnatural magic. Unless they were twilight's hammer cult or something.

Why, thank you. Yeah, that's how I see it. It's just not the same.

Yes. Making you Human again.

Keeping in mind that a Priest uses the Holy Light as if it was a torch guiding them through a cave. A Paladin is the actual torch. They are the holy embodiment of the Light. Which is why Forsaken can't be Paladins. The pain would hurt too much. Kind of defeats the purpose because the Light cures diseases and curses. Forsaken is incurable.

This is what I always thought the distinction was, but that's very well written. I agree.

Uh.... nooooo?
/think
/cute whimper

/narrow eyes
Are you trying to distrac - Awwwww, he's adorable! :3
/narrow eyes

/grin
/brag
Damn, I'm good.
Again, Forsaken can be Priests because of Shadow. Just like in real life there are good Priests and bad priests.

I had to put that in there before someone tries to throw away my logic.
/narrow eyes

/grin
/brag
Damn, I'm good.

That's what she said?

/grin
/brag
Damn, I'm good.

That's what she said?

HEY A DISTRACTION!
/DISTRACTED!

That's what she said?

HEY A DISTRACTION!
/DISTRACTED!

HEY A DISTRACTION!

Waaaait a minute.
This is worse than the time with the Bagel, the fire extinguisher and the octopus.