@PvP Ret Paladins, also Lobster

Paladin
Because they broke Protribution :<
I PvP in Ret for the same reason that I'm sure everyone else in the spec does. I'd rather be PvPing in a suboptimal spec that I love to play than in a FOTM faceroll class that bores me. At some level you need to be enjoying what you're doing, or why do it?
I PvP in Ret for the same reason that I'm sure everyone else in the spec does. I'd rather be PvPing in a suboptimal spec that I love to play than in a FOTM faceroll class that bores me. At some level you need to be enjoying what you're doing, or why do it?

Ret isn't bad. You just need to take Holy Avenger instead of Divine Purpose and let that burst flag fly!
Don't want to hijack, but another interesting question would be why people switched away form ret, but that should be a different post

I am not crazy about how they handled retribution with the inclusion of Holy Power. The spec now feels like an awkward rogue without the awesome CCs, IMO.

I shelved this character after I hit 90 but I am thinking of giving holy a try. Too bloody attached to this class thanks to nostalgia and lore, bah.
It's the feel and utility. We're so incredibly beefy and we have some of the most crucial life-saving powers even as Ret. When I'm doing pug BGs (read: all of the pvp I can do right now due to gear u_u), I have the option to harass some poor schmoe or save buddies. My other PvPer is a Mage, and while it's fun to be so stupidly strong at a range, I have to watch as people die most of the time. I like having a say in what goes on around me more often in PvP.

And aside from when I get feared, I can have that say c:
Where in the EFF did hairflip come from?
I've always been a ret paladin. I like it. I don't love it. I get tired of playing guitar hero.
People think rets are useless, but we do have a lot of useful things for raid.