dont vote kick ret healers....

Paladin
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
It's silly that players are so desperate for control that they would kick a good player doing a good job just because they're doing it in an unorthodox way.

I’ll be honest. I would say 100% of the time I never look to see how the team is spec’d. I just go. When I start to take notice of how my healer is spec’d is how my health spikes and how much time I am devoting to pressing 'Word of Glory' rather than 'Shield of the Righteous'. If I notice I am spending a large amount of time keeping my own health up then I -might- say something. Most the time I just bite my tongue and continue.

It is entirely possible that I have been healed by a ret paladin and not even noticed it, but if I do. Yeah I will be annoyed that they manipulated the system.
I don't see a problem, did you die?
Is the run requiring more effort on your end?

If the answers are no, then sit back and enjoy the ride, it should be a quick one

Speaking for myself, rets don't do this to cheese the queues, but because its an interesting way to run a dungeon, and so long as you do so effectively, there shouldn't be an issue
Can you confirm that Battle Healer is working for Retribution now? Pre 5.2 it didn't work. I haven't tried it since.
Yes it did, I had to swap to insight for the heals during a particularly bad lfr group
Or you could actually go heals and not waste our time.
get a buddy or 2 so the vote doesnt go through me and my buddy whos also a ret ques as tank and me and our guildie keep him from being kicked and we get fast runs
I love getting dps spec healers when I'm taking 5 mans. I don't need to wear real tanking gear and I sure as hell do not need a real healer.

Healers complaining about being bored while I tank is really the only thing about 5's that bother me. Roll out some damn smites and make this go faster. I've been in random groups that basically had three rets; me, the healer, and one of the dps. Seven minutes door to door for my 80 valor? Why yes, please.

Also when the 2h healing mace from ToT gets out there more, a lot of people won't even notice the difference between a decent ret healing and a holy paladin who just likes smacking things.
How does that ret / healer work out for you in pvp ?
If the job is getting done so bet it.

I get /whispers from people reminding me that I have a pvp trinket on all the time.

Yes I know...... The one I want won't drop. This one at least has a click that is useful. I appreciate the /tell. But was it really necessary to inspect my gear? I don't go around looking in your sock drawer and telling you your toys are vibrating.
I love getting dps spec healers when I'm taking 5 mans. I don't need to wear real tanking gear and I sure as hell do not need a real healer.

Healers complaining about being bored while I tank is really the only thing about 5's that bother me. Roll out some damn smites and make this go faster. I've been in random groups that basically had three rets; me, the healer, and one of the dps. Seven minutes door to door for my 80 valor? Why yes, please.

Also when the 2h healing mace from ToT gets out there more, a lot of people won't even notice the difference between a decent ret healing and a holy paladin who just likes smacking things.

Heck yes. Let's roll this out. They gave me insight for a reason, and my OCD kicks in when my mana isn't 100%.
http://i.imgur.com/zPQwiFo.jpg

Like magic.

This screen was in 5.1, so it's nowhere near as high as we can do now, not just from the actual healing buffs but also because of the change to healing-from-damage conversions no longer taking resilience into account which was a fairly significant buff to battle healer in pvp.
This has an easy cure for me. When I Q up for a dungeon as a tank i typically check heals for spec, if they are in DPS spec i ask for them the change... if they don't I try to vote kick. If it doesn't pass because they are being shielded by a guild member, I ask them the leave. If they don't, I leave. Then I Q again. So far to date, it has only happened one time.
Let me be able to queue as tank with Dark Apotheosis and I'll let you heal as ret, deal? Deal.
Sounds good to me, is that viable actually?
I don't see why this is entirely an ill thing. Players are thinking outside the rigid boxes Blizzard has given us. While I'm sure there are several Retadins who would choose to game this path for a quicker run, most would be doing it because, guess what, it'd be fun.

Many players know their limits. If a healer thinks they can maintain the group while in a dps spec, such as if the tank is overgeared, then by all means, go ahead. Traditional roles can get boring after a while. 4 dpsers and a healer? It's a lot of fun. Sure, threat is bouncing around like pingpong balls at a doubles tournament, and there's a *little* more damage dished out, but things are dying faster so less heals overall.

Healer wants to be a dpser and throw out offheals? Sure. I'm easy. I usually go with a one wipe rule. If a wipe happens solely because they couldn't keep up with damage (and not because of overpulling, or crazy dps), then we'll talk. Ask to change specs, or voluntarily quit. But it's no different than trying a run with a 440 iLevel tank that can't hold threat against 490 mage, or any other unusual dungeon run. I mean, the worst that can happen is a wipe. I can certainly stand one every now and again to have a bit of fun.

Kind of like doing low level dungeons. Remember those? Every man for themselves. Every ability on the bar got used. Mage kiting. Pet tanks. Run-screaming-for-your-life-in-circles-with-aggro-while-your-friends-kill-things tanking.

Also, armory trolling! Those who seem okay with the idea appear to have higher iLevels and more cleared than those that do not. Coincidence, or is it that those who are only getting to see the lower PvE tiers are being hurt the most by such a reckless stance?

EDIT: Lock tanking works quite well in dungeons, I've healed several of them. They're a little squishier, maybe like a tank with -10 iLevels or so. But they hold aggro fine. They just can't do (most) raid bosses because of a lack of crit immunity and because their taunt doesn't taunt, it acts more like an aggro bomb, so tank swapping can't be done easily.
Sounds good to me, is that viable actually?

They're missing a lot of necessary tools to tank.

03/20/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Wards
Also, armory trolling! Those who seem okay with the idea appear to have higher iLevels and more cleared than those that do not. Coincidence, or is it that those who are only getting to see the lower PvE tiers are being hurt the most by such a reckless stance?

I've been ret tanking 5's since the start of MoP, before MSV LFR was open, and people were talking about ret healing 5's since pretty much the same time.
4 dps 1 tank is the way to go, if a tank needs heals in 5s they're doing it wrong.