Pixelated 3D view for IOS app

Mobile Bug Report
Since ToT is out now, and the app may get an update like usual, thought I can bring out the issue that has been bugging the IOS app since ver 5, again.

The 3D view of the character is low res, pixelated.

This is not a new feature, when iPhone 4 was released, when the app were version 3, the high res texture is there, it looked great, the pandaria ver 5 app broke this.
I dont think it has anything to do with caching large amount of textures in the app, etc.
Im pretty sure its a server issue because the app has stayed about the same in size from ver 3 to ver 5, so why ver 5 cannot display an unpixelated 3d model?

Just for a test I downloaded the android app, and ran it on a HTC Butterfly with a lot more screen resolution than the iPhone 5, its a full 1080p screen!
And what do you know, the WOW armory android app rendered everything knife sharp! even the 3D models, everything is crisp! at a resolution of 1080 x 1900 pixels! App size only 30 mb or so.

From these I kinda guessed that the texture resolution decision being done server side, somehow the android app is able to make the server send high res textures while the iOS version gets a super low res texture.

Why no love for iOS? everyone in blizzard using android? ;p
I am having the same problem with my armoury app, the 3D view is very pixilated, I have an iphone 5. I know is not the phone or the because my friend has an iPhone 4 with the same iOS and it is not pixilated. I deleted it off my phone and reinstalled it but the problem has not gone away. I also looked in the settings but I could not find anything relating to resolution or HD so I am at a loss on how to fix it. I would be very interested to hear from the developers. Thank you.
We just released v5.2.2 for iOS. Is this still happening for you?
Just got the updated app for my ipad and the icons are nice and crisp, but the 3D view of characters are still pixelated.
Just downloaded the new update too, thought it would finally fix the 3d view.

Nope, still ugly as usual. Oh well, cross fingers for next patch.
The 3D model data is on the server (otherwise the app would be MASSIVE), so I'll have a server engineer take a look.
Another day another update drops by, 5.2.3 now? yaaay!

And I am very excited to report that.....
After so many patches, this issue has not been fixed yet.

Oh well, crossing fingers for next patch.
YES version 5.2.4! NEW version!

Lets check if they have resolved this problem.......... downloading

and......

NOPE. try again, good luck next time.

Character 3D view in iPhone 5 still look like a pixelated mess circa 2000.
You want a pretty 3D view, buy an Android.
Hmm... I just tested the android app which just got updated also.
Seems that 3D character view is not showing up also.

Only the hair model is showing it seems.

IOS is complete, but pixelated.
Android is high resolution perfect... but only the hair.

Anyone else got the problem?
It looks like there is a problem with 3D models viewed on the CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) iPhone 5 model, but not the GSM version. We'll have this fixed in the next build.

I haven't encountered the Android issue you reported. Are you still using the HTC Butterfly? Can you retest this for me? I don't see this happening on any HTC devices.
Hi, sorry the android thing maybe my fault I was using it on a bad connection so the texture must not have loaded clean. When I tried again it is fine now.

Just for your information, I'm using the iPhone 5 in Singapore it's the GSM version not CDMA.
Connection is over wifi, or sometimes over 3G Singtel network.

Thanks for the help.
Hi, sorry the android thing maybe my fault I was using it on a bad connection so the texture must not have loaded clean. When I tried again it is fine now.

Just for your information, I'm using the iPhone 5 in Singapore it's the GSM version not CDMA.
Connection is over wifi, or sometimes over 3G Singtel network.

Thanks for the help.

What is the Model number of your iPhone 5? You'll find it on the back of your iPhone at the very bottom of the device.
Model number MD299ZA/A
I mean, the device model as printed on the back of your iPhone 5. You should see Model, FCC ID, IC, and IMEI.
oh this is the model A1429
Thanks. Working on this fix.
New version is out!
And you bet this is the first thing I checked, been waiting a year for a fix.

And...........

Yes! Finally, now character comes out pretty and sharp!
Thank you Blizzard!
And please please please don't break it on the next patch ;)
Glad it's working for you now! We never give up, even if it takes us a while to catch up. Thanks for your persistence in reporting these issues. :)
OK... sorry for beating the dead horse again.
Just got my hands on the new iPhone5S, model A1530.

3D view back to low res again :(

Please help, thanks.
iPhone 5S is displaying low resolution 3D character view. would love to see the app take full advantage of this powerful iPhone!

Thanks!