Moon Guard Wiki: A Community Engine

Moon Guard
Prev 1 2 3 19 Next
Seems like a good place to put my Troll Knowledge Cube when it's done in a decade.
Most of the information I'm going to put up there will probably also go on atorf. Good thing it's the same information.
Best advice for reaching out to your users would be via their talk pages. The wiki can feel lonely and bare otherwise.
I'll work on adding the Cenarion Council, Aldreon Verdantclaw and Adrius Nevermoore.

Best to save copies of your work too, fellas. Don't want to have to write all this fanon and then have it tampered with and have to re-write it all. T_T

Also, maybe it would be useful if I created a page for the Cenarion Circle itself?
I would continue to post, but I have had a few pages not only modified without my consent, but deleted entirely. So, good luck, but I likely won't be contributing any more.
Stuff like this:
http://moon-guard.wikia.com/wiki/Conquest_of_Kun%27Lai

Should really not be posted by a single party, as it clearly misrepresents things. If you want to call it the First Regiment's take on things that's a different discussion, but objectively the second day of the battle was FR emote fighting while the other guilds engaged in RP-PVP.

It seems dishonest and self-aggrandizing to both deny the serious contributions of others while enforcing your own. Felthier posting this would make more sense.
I'll work on adding the Cenarion Council, Aldreon Verdantclaw and Adrius Nevermoore.

Best to save copies of your work too, fellas. Don't want to have to write all this fanon and then have it tampered with and have to re-write it all. T_T

Also, maybe it would be useful if I created a page for the Cenarion Circle itself?

I hope you do, the Organization section is otherwise sort of lonely!
I would continue to post, but I have had a few pages not only modified without my consent, but deleted entirely. So, good luck, but I likely won't be contributing any more.

I'd say ask Manstein or Maxen to zap the perpetrator and continue if you have the energy. They are good at zapping things.

Stuff like this:

Should really not be posted by a single party, as it clearly misrepresents things. If you want to call it the First Regiment's take on things that's a different discussion, but objectively the second day of the battle was FR emote fighting while the other guilds engaged in RP-PVP.

It seems dishonest and self-aggrandizing to both deny the serious contributions of others while enforcing your own. Felthier posting this would make more sense.

I'm sure that no one would mind if Felthier contributed to the page.
Just updated Beth's page. Finally. More to come when I have the mind to write it.
I'll probably be working on the wiki tonight if I'm able to get some free time for it.
I'm sure that no one would mind if Felthier contributed to the page.

That doesn't address what I said, but thank you.
Stuff like this:

Aren't wikis meant to be edited?

To edit it would be to remove almost everything in it, so not in that sense.
03/11/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Kauthryn

To edit it would be to remove almost everything in it, so not in that sense.

Read it carefully.

What you're referring to is listed under Stormwind's Advance: The King's Command. I feel it sums up Stormwind's goals and accomplishments fairly well. If you feel another section be added to list out and specify another organization's goals and accomplishments from the conquest, I believe you're within your rights to create one.

I also feel the Alliance and Horde Clash section holds little to know bias, and summarizes what happened pretty well. If you think something's left out, then add it in.

I took a look at your edit history and found that, at least to my knowledge, the only alterations made to your pages was the "labeling" of your page into specific categories. I.E., your page on Rennali Sunwhisper lacked the label of 'High Elf' in the sub-categories section and was corrected.

If there are other concerns, I'd ask you please message either Maxen or myself on the wiki, so that we might be able to assist you.

Stuff like this:

The article is indeed, as it can really be no other, written from the perspective of someone within the First Regiment. At the time of the article's writing no individuals from other organizations were involved in the project and so introducing their perspective into the article, barring 'investigative reporting,' was not a reasonable option.

That said, those who wish to clarify or add additional perspectives to such entries are free to do so in the proper manner. If yourself or Felthier would like to add content then simply adding an additional section with the appropriate title (nothing pithy, please) explaining that perspective of events is not only acceptable, but welcomed.

I assume this addresses your question. If you've any further inquiries, complaints, or comments, feel free to contact either myself or Maxen via the wiki's message tools.
Yeah, I'm not going to explain why that article cannot be altered as it currently is to reflect anything but the admitted perspective it held initially. If you're okay with people just redoing other people's work entirely that's fine, but the narrative of it is, as you have stated, based on the First Regiment and not the realm's.
While we at ATORF don't really mind that whomever did this wiki's front page decided to literally plagiarize certain sections of our own, we would at least appreciate a little credit be given where it is due.
Yeah, I'm not going to explain why that article cannot be altered as it currently is to reflect anything but the admitted perspective it held initially. If you're okay with people just redoing other people's work entirely that's fine, but the narrative of it is, as you have stated, based on the First Regiment and not the realm's.

We would prefer that instead of wandering the tricky marshes of simply editing other people's work that, instead, you would create your own (and perhaps competing) narrative. The proper manner in going about this would be to do the following:

Using the Kun-Lai article as an example, you might wish to create a new section labeled "The Queen's Advance" or whatever tickles your fancy, and proceed to document events from there. If you find that the relations within the article are too systemic a problem, then the best course of action will be to message that article's author and discuss the possibility of posting an article on concert with one another.

While we at ATORF don't really mind that whomever did this wiki's front page decided to literally plagiarize certain sections of our own, we would at least appreciate a little credit be given where it is due.

I' not sure what you are talking about, but I will refer you to the front page listing where, under Disclaimers, Policies and Layout it states:

"Moon Guard Wiki's disclaimers, policy and layout were inspired by the original Moon Guard Wiki, the Elder Scrolls Wiki and A Tome of Righteous Fire Wiki and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License."

I'd say that the interested parties in the battle could get together and work on a reform at it is in the world of academia, heh... bring some heads together. It is meant to be conducive to cooperation, after all, and I'm not sure that anyone has expressed their obstinate desire to keep the page the way it is.
I' not sure what you are talking about, but I will refer you to the front page listing where, under Disclaimers, Policies and Layout it states:

"Moon Guard Wiki's disclaimers, policy and layout were inspired by the original Moon Guard Wiki, the Elder Scrolls Wiki and A Tome of Righteous Fire Wiki and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License."

I'm referring to several sentences and paragraphs being copied wholesale from our own opening page without either contact or consent being directed towards us.

http://i.imgur.com/Xyo9mQv.png

Like I said, we don't mind. It's a little flattering. But to say that our text "inspired" the content in question is quite false, when in fact the text was simply copied. This isn't a big issue, as I've said. All we'd like is some acknowledgement that the text is our own and the word 'inspired' is a little vague for our liking.