Class Hotfixes – 3/12

General Discussion
Prev 1 31 32 33 58 Next
For demonology corruption damage is too low and now it will be nerfed? i think that it should be buffed.....
tell me, why arent you happy to buff elemental shamans? or other struggling dps?

blizzard is still butthurt about busshock and will never do anything to help shaman out. plus its quite obvious mr street plays a mage.
I think what I would do to resolve the multi-dotting issue would be to make some dots single target only (like how curses worked in most expansions). (Similarly with Vampiric Touch for Shadow Priests.) This way, you could control how much (spell) cleaving a class can do. Then, buff/nerf abilities (single target or multi-dot) as appropriate.What strikes me as interesting is that this is how it used to work in previous expansions but has been changed in this one (Vampiric Touch comes to mind immediately). Perhaps some of the old tools were well designed after all.

Agreed, the sad part in all of this is that unassisted warlock multi-target is mediocre anyways.

In a typical multi target scenario the only extra damage modifier we can put on a boss is haunt anyways since MG is primarily single target and its entirely where our dot pressure generally comes from (extra ticks). Plus haunt is also limited in its applications as we only have so many soulshards and some of them get used to pop insta dots up on multitarget fights.

The Doom nerfs make even less sense because the Doom buff was to compensate for the removal of the Demo Auto Attack, the entire problem here was the synergy doom had with Dark Soul Misery but then again there's only two fights in the whole tier where this would've mattered.
unless they make 'bomb' tier do 50% or less to pvp target like colossus smash treatment, this BS is way overboard, get your act straight GC, you are destroying the pvp balance as the expense of script pve
I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the process of warlocks in 5.2

Affliction was the highest rated in pve, so to compensate they received a small nerf to allow demo and destro to catch up. Demo got a significant buff with some of its cast spells getting an increase and destro stayed fairly similar.

In theory this should have balanced it all out? So what was the decision process to bring demo right back down with 2 significant nerfs? Was the damage output too high? I highly disagree that multi-dotting should be the basis of such a significant change. And again this is another nerf to affliction.

Since coming back to wow for this xpac I really enjoyed the way locks had be redesigned. Ive actually levelled 3 of them since vanilla and this is the first time since BC I have really wanted to push a warlock through end game pve and pvp.

Im not whinging, I would just like some feedback as to why more reductions were required.
Why in the world did frost mages get a buff when they're doing the most ridiculous damage in PvP right now?
If only people would learn to read before they type...

*HINT*...PvE Thread
Guys, just FYI...Shield Slam is doing crazy damage in lower levels. To see it buffed yet another 25% is just mind boggling.

I hope you will look into it, because it is quite ridiculous right now. They are at the cusp of one-shotting people.
Any word on when Chi Wave is going to be fixed? As it stands we are lucky to get full duration in a raid setting.

Our developers are aware of an issue with Chi Wave’s heals not bouncing correctly and are working on a hotfix to correct this.
Remember, it’s not a goal that every spec do exactly equally well in every possible encounter, and in fact we think that would be boring. We just don’t want things to get so extreme that certain specs feel like they aren’t meaningfully contributing to the group’s efforts. All of this means that raid performance is a somewhat subjective call and we’d like to ask that you keep that in mind as you offer your feedback.

thank you blizz for making spriest again only being in the group for their buffs.. really appreciate it.. not that we were ever chart toppers to begin with, but a completely unnecessary nerf. yes we were actually competitive and that was nice for sure. I just did a dungeon to see how much my dps has dropped and was surprised to find that it wasn't 10k or even 15k it was over 25k in aoe; single target was around 18k.. thank you so very very much
03/12/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Rygarius
Any word on when Chi Wave is going to be fixed? As it stands we are lucky to get full duration in a raid setting.

Our developers are aware of an issue with Chi Wave’s heals not bouncing correctly and are working on a hotfix to correct this.

Sweet! Chi Wave has been a real annoyance because of that.
I'm at a loss as to how all these changes are going through and yet nothing is being done for WW monks. We've already lost most of the players who got up to 2.2k+ as they see the class going downhill and have rerolled, I must wonder how much it is going to take for Blizz to realize that WW monks are in a bad place for pvp and our pve damage is nothing special at all, the lowest of all classes with no alternatives to turn to for more damage.
03/12/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Rygarius

Can you please explain how Monks are being brought "up to par" in PVE?

A Chi Wave bugfix is not going to correct that the Mage buffs place us dead last on all current content:

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10N/all/7/30/default/
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25N/all/7/30/default/

Would you at least acknowledge that these numbers are lower than you want them to be?
Reminds me of this comic:
http://www.thedailyblink.com/comics/2011-09-19-206.jpg

You get the idea...
Hotfixes:

Mage: Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, Frost Bomb damage +40%.

not sure if this is serious.

PVE-wise it's understandable, but when frost bomb had to be nerfed to do 20% less dmg in pvp environment, and now you are buffing it by 40%?

Is there really no other way to balance out pve damage, because it really is not fun having something over powered as frost bomb for pvp...

Providing a clarification over PvP damage concerns.

• Frost Bomb now deals 60% of its damage when used against other players, down from 80%.
  • /sigh
    Rygar,

Are devs currently looking into shaman resto healing numbers in T15 progression? They are WAY out of line with other healers, we are currently dead last in 11 of 12 ToT fights in 10m.
    Dumb nerf to Shadow is dumb.

not sure if this is serious.

PVE-wise it's understandable, but when frost bomb had to be nerfed to do 20% less dmg in pvp environment, and now you are buffing it by 40%?

Is there really no other way to balance out pve damage, because it really is not fun having something over powered as frost bomb for pvp...

Providing a clarification over PvP damage concerns.

• Frost Bomb now deals 60% of its damage when used against other players, down from 80%.

• Cool now you can revert said nerfs to locks and spriests for the two whole fights in this tier and we are good to go =)

Also FYI that mage nerf in PVP is still a "net" 12% buff to PVP frostbomb damage =)