Quality of life improvements for Rogues.

Rogue
I'm not talking about BUFFS, I'm talking about simple things that should have happened two expansions ago. This thread is not about I think rogues should be buff or nerfed for x reason, this is purely about simple little things that I think should be looked at. Yes they will be petty and possibly boring but hey, this a forum so why can't I bring it up?

Poisons.

Why is an ability so Iconic to the rogue class on a timer? Warrior stances aren't on timers. Neither are paladin auras. Yes I know that they deal direct damage but seriously why can't they just be like paladin auras? Yea I know there is the whole balancing act because rouges would swap poisons constantly, however that could easily be fixed with with internal CD in the swapping and keeping its cast timer.

Lockpicking & Lockboxes

Why can't I just right click on these? Why do I need to use a spell to open a lockbox? It should be pretty obvious if, its locked in my inventory I want to unlock it. It should be like opening a clam, just right click and loot.

Looting

So back when I was leveling this rogue before BOA items were all the rage and you actually had to pay slight amounts of attention to enemy mobs and how many you were going to pull and so on, I used to run into this annoying little thing where I would kill a few mobs, and have to vanish to live. My quest would be done at that point but of course I would always want my loot. I would then return to the scene of the crime and have to destealth to get my loot? Really? Yea, its a small thing, but you would think a master assassin would have figured out how to take stuff off dead people without attracting the attention of a near bye zombie with its back turned. If a hunter can teach his 700 pound spirit squirrel to bring back his loot I would sure hope a rogue could learn to loot things without leaving stealth.

Minor Glyphs

The Good (or at least the ones that merit a glyph)
Glyph of Blurred Speed
Glyph of Killing Spree
Glyph of Hemorrhage
Glyph of Poisons (on the fence with this one, however with how bastardly rogues act it pvp its probably a good thing)
Glyph of Tricks of the Trade

In other words to me these actually make sense and should be a personal choice on if you use them or not.

The Bad
Glyph of Distract
Glyph of Safe Fall
Glyph of Pick Pocket
Glyph of Decoy
Glyph of Pick Lock

All of these, every single one of them should have been something that came to your rogue as they leveled up. Just like a free little silly thing you get overtime to say hey, I'm a level 90 rogue and I do these things better then that level 30 rogue over there.

The Ugly
Glyph of Disguise
Glyph of Detection (SWIRLY BALL ABILITY!)

Why are these glyphs? They are just silly little things that could be more fun if they were for every rogue.

To me its the little things more than anything that help make a class fun.
Swirly ball under ugly?
0/10 see me after class.
Don't hate. Its not ugly (Swirly ball my love), the fact that every rogue doesn't get it for free is ugly. It could have been some comical little sidequest or something but its not. Its a glyph.
Shiv costing energy and being dodged/parried.

Dismantle costing energy.

Non-lethals other than paralytic poison increased to 100% apply rate.

Glyphs of CS and Garrote effects made baseline so we arent pigeonholed in 2 of 3 glyph slots.
Poison used to be a rogue profession that you have to lvl, to buy mats and make them, which lasted only 30 mins. And b4 you can acquire the profession, you had to do a rogue chain quest, which will lead you all the way to Ralvinhold, somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Lockpicking used to a rogue profession that you have to hardcore lvl, standing at a lumber mill @ red ridge mountains for a few hours, which requires something called "Rogue Tool", something I still have, deposited in my bank slot.

Life has improved a lot already. I'm not saying your points are not valid. Actually I think most of your points are great. It's just if life improves too fast, it hurts bliz's devs' fragile little brains.
which requires something called "Rogue Tool", something I still have, deposited in my bank slot.

Thieves tools. But yes, I also still have them in my bank and I'm never getting rid of them. Had vanishing powder, for the days it cost, i believe, 20 silver to vanish, but they changed the tooltip and use of it so...got rid of them.

But yeah, I am really 100% on Karn's poison dispute. SOmetimes it does get annoying having to apply them every hour.

As far as minors go, they are just like "funzies" glyphs...so...yeah...
Poison used to be a rogue profession that you have to lvl, to buy mats and make them, which lasted only 30 mins. And b4 you can acquire the profession, you had to do a rogue chain quest, which will lead you all the way to Ralvinhold, somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

I remember during vanilla when the duration was based on a number of charges, I think 40. Up to about level 50 or so, I never used poisons because I didn't like to spend the coin to make something that only lasted about 10 minutes. When I read about he MoP changes to poisons, my first thought was why not go one step further and make it like auras.

I like the lockpicking idea. Make it a passive ability so we can just right click and be done. I never understood why it has a cast time.
How about actually making vanish work 100% of the time instead of like 50%?

Or adding a tag line at the end of the tool tip:
"Sometimes this spell does nothing..."

Lockpicking used to a rogue profession that you have to hardcore lvl, standing at a lumber mill @ red ridge mountains for a few hours, which requires something called "Rogue Tool", something I still have, deposited in my bank slot.

Life has improved a lot already. I'm not saying your points are not valid. Actually I think most of your points are great. It's just if life improves too fast, it hurts bliz's devs' fragile little brains.

Ravenholdt
And It's in Hillsbrad Foothills.
We don't go to Ravenholdt anymore.

Ravenholdt
And It's in Hillsbrad Foothills.

For allies, Hilsbrad IS in the middle of nowhere. Besides, the entrance was so hard to find.