Sub PVP noob

Rogue
Hey all. as some of you may know I made a two videos last week on rogue PVP so that you guys could help me improve. Well, I've read all the tips you guys gave me reforged regemmed all resil and got all my malev gear so here is the new video! Please tell me if you think I improved. Link to new video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJi_fZ_Isjw

Old video link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZMCLaVV6AI

Thanks for watching! please comment and leave some tips and please let me know what you think of the quality difference.

OH and 1080p quality should be up in about 5-10 minutes >.> no idea why freshly uploaded vids are capped at 480p : /
Also for sub, marked for death or shuriken toss? I'm sliding more towards marked for death but I hear alot of people say it would be dumb to not take shuriken toss. Any opinions on this?
gonna do this like i did on reddit lol

start off with the mage. is good that you premeded that time, however i dont think that i would have used MfD for kidney on the mage, you could have just kicked the poly and used the cp for SnD (the earlier you have SnD up, the better.) the mage blinks away again, and it looks like you use both dance AND vanish, if these are too close together on your keyboard, you might want to move them farther apart from eachother (my dance is T, and my vanish is `)

next is the warrior at DR. to me, that looked perfect. the exact way i do it, get sv up, get a stun, and double evis. if that warrior were more geared, you would have wanted to use premed to get to get up SnD, since the fight would be longer than that.

dk and hunter. dk looked fine, not really sure why you disarmed the hunter, no real reason to there

you got the kill on the healer, however i feel like it would have been easier of you would have used that MfD for a KS, however i may be wrong, since i cant see what the stun DR was at

on the restodruid, you danced (which im assuming is macro'd to your damage trinket, im too lazy to check) and you let yourself just sit at 5 CP most of the dance. throw in a rupture, get your SnD back up, do SOMETHING with those combo points, theyre useless if they just sit there and look pretty :)

6:03, goin after the boomie. im not completely sure, since i cant see where the debuffs you have are on your UI, but it looks like you wasted your cloak on nothing. careful not to fatfinger if thats what that was. if it wasnt, i dont really see a reason to preemptively cloak for a boomkin (please let me know if im missing something).

you should have started spamming feint as soon as you got out of that deep freeze, and i think you already know you shouldnt be clicking lifebloom, just be sure to learn it fast. good job on getting your print key down (or changing it, not sure which)

overall a very big improvement over last time, you have definitely been getting better. however, to help us help you, you shouldnt just upload videos of you beating on people with no gear (thats right, you arent gonna kill someone with equal gear inside a cheap shot, or be whacking them with 150k eviscerates). looking at your good games and seeing what you you could do better will help you. looking at your not so good games, and seeing what you could have done better will help you more. thats the voice of experience lol. go record some arenas, or RBGs, you've got the gear for it now :)

EDIT: THIS IS MY OPINION, FEEL FREE TO DEBATE ME ON ANYTHING, IM FAR FROM PRO
this is a common and hard debate.

on one hand, you have an instant 5 cp ability, to pull off things just as double eviscerates, or getting an immediate kidney if redirect is on CD

on the other hand you have 100% uptime on your target. this will be more sustained pressure, and while shuriken toss is not overpowered (no matter how much people say it is), deadly throw when paired with shuriken toss is VERY overpowered. a ranged interrupt with no cooldown, that deals damage.

i personally feel like it depends on the comp your facing. if its majority melee, i'd probably go MfD. if its even half ranged, i'd probably go ST and DT buid.
not really sure why you disarmed the hunter, no real reason to there

Granted Im watching on my phone, but anytime you open on a Hunter, you wanna Disarm right before he Disengages. Leaves him standing there with nothing in his hand. Maybe I missed something important. Like I said, it was hard to see on my phone.

Gameplay was good tho OP...1 piece of advice I would give you as a Rogue is this: Never die running away or out in the open fleeing. If all your escape CDs are burnt, and there is no real chance for escape, then go nuts and die in the fray. Cause as much chaos as you can before you eat it. Be a rogue until the very last hp is spent.

CnD vs Step...IMO...If you are gonna run Toss and DT, then take CnD because you have ranged pressure. If you are gonna run Marked, then I feel you need Step. Im running Para and Marked at the moment.

Garrote silence is 4.5 secs, when that wears off, I use Para for the 4 sec stun, then Mark'em for a full 6sec KS. Thats 14.5 secs of lockdown if they dont have a trinket/bubble etc. Para stun does not DR with KS or CS.
6:03, goin after the boomie. im not completely sure, since i cant see where the debuffs you have are on your UI, but it looks like you wasted your cloak on nothing. careful not to fatfinger if thats what that was. if it wasnt, i dont really see a reason to preemptively cloak for a boomkin (please let me know if im missing something).

I did it in case he decided to focus me :p I've actually been 4-5 shotted by boomkins so it was just a precaution although you're right i probably should have used it.

on the restodruid, you danced (which im assuming is macro'd to your damage trinket, im too lazy to check) and you let yourself just sit at 5 CP most of the dance. throw in a rupture, get your SnD back up, do SOMETHING with those combo points, theyre useless if they just sit there and look pretty :)

I actually use the chance on damage trinket >.> is this not a good idea? and yeah sometimes I get excited and forget to pay attention to CP. even though it's like right there.. and really big lol. I'll try to work on that.

dk and hunter. dk looked fine, not really sure why you disarmed the hunter, no real reason to there

I used my disarm on the hunter because if I couldn't close the distance he would have hit me pretty hard :p I waste it alot though I'll give you that. sometimes I'll use it to save someone if a warrior is beating on them or a DK or something.

overall a very big improvement over last time, you have definitely been getting better. however, to help us help you, you shouldnt just upload videos of you beating on people with no gear (thats right, you arent gonna kill someone with equal gear inside a cheap shot, or be whacking them with 150k eviscerates). looking at your good games and seeing what you you could do better will help you. looking at your not so good games, and seeing what you could have done better will help you more. thats the voice of experience lol. go record some arenas, or RBGs, you've got the gear for it now :)

Yeah.. I need to find someone to do arenas with for fun, and I can't find anyone to do RBGs with ;_; my guild does them, but the people who have no experience usually get left out because no one wants to take the lead and start up a group. i guess I could..

and thank you very much for the input. I appreciate it alot that you took the time to help me out!

on one hand, you have an instant 5 cp ability, to pull off things just as double eviscerates, or getting an immediate kidney if redirect is on CD

on the other hand you have 100% uptime on your target. this will be more sustained pressure, and while shuriken toss is not overpowered (no matter how much people say it is), deadly throw when paired with shuriken toss is VERY overpowered. a ranged interrupt with no cooldown, that deals damage.

i personally feel like it depends on the comp your facing. if its majority melee, i'd probably go MfD. if its even half ranged, i'd probably go ST and DT buid.

Hmm.. that's good to know, I think when I start doing arenas I'll just switch between the two depending on the comps I get. I do love those double eviscerates though lol
03/18/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Fatmaggie
not really sure why you disarmed the hunter, no real reason to there

Granted Im watching on my phone, but anytime you open on a Hunter, you wanna Disarm right before he Disengages. Leaves him standing there with nothing in his hand. Maybe I missed something important. Like I said, it was hard to see on my phone.

Gameplay was good tho OP...1 piece of advice I would give you as a Rogue is this: Never die running away or out in the open fleeing. If all your escape CDs are burnt, and there is no real chance for escape, then go nuts and die in the fray. Cause as much chaos as you can before you eat it. Be a rogue until the very last hp is spent.

CnD vs Step...IMO...If you are gonna run Toss and DT, then take CnD because you have ranged pressure. If you are gonna run Marked, then I feel you need Step. Im running Para and Marked at the moment.

Garrote silence is 4.5 secs, when that wears off, I use Para for the 4 sec stun, then Mark'em for a full 6sec KS. Thats 14.5 secs of lockdown if they dont have a trinket/bubble etc. Para stun does not DR with KS or CS.

yeah I def need to stop running away when death is inevitable. I always think I can somehow survive :p then I end up wasting my blind trying to get melee off of me. And that's good advice I guess I will give para a chance but I really like the other talent you get I forgot what it was called or what it even does but I know it's great :p and also mind numbing poison is pretty awesome although I do forget to use shiv alot when I'm using it and the root from para is amazing. Thanks for feedback!

yeah I def need to stop running away when death is inevitable. I always think I can somehow survive :p then I end up wasting my blind trying to get melee off of me. And that's good advice I guess I will give para a chance but I really like the other talent you get I forgot what it was called or what it even does but I know it's great :p and also mind numbing poison is pretty awesome although I do forget to use shiv alot when I'm using it and the root from para is amazing. Thanks for feedback!

Dude, offtopic but your transmog is the f'ing BOMB.

Ahaah you think so? :p thanks. I didn't think it was that special but then again i see NO ONE using it so I feel unique :D
03/18/2013 09:05 PMPosted by Smallblind
you should have started spamming feint as soon as you got out of that deep freeze, and i think you already know you shouldnt be clicking lifebloom, just be sure to learn it fast. good job on getting your print key down (or changing it, not sure which)

Oh and the reason I click life spirit is because I only had 80 of them when I put them on my action bar and I won't be getting anymore because I dropped herbalism. Which I regret because the self heal and haste buff was AMAZING. IT does really well with combat in PVE. Although I don't really PVE anymore.

been having lots of fun with ST so I think I'll stick with that. IT does insane amounts of damage when you're in the right range :p I do really miss MfD though.
Stack all yellow resil gems and avoid slot bonuses or stick with what I have now? what do you guys think?