Treasure Trove key confusion

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
So I've read from several blue posts that more than one key is obtainable per week, but only the first one will be easy to obtain. Is this "easy" key obtainable on every toon or is that effect account-wide? My monk scored a key on his first rare spawn kill of the week, but my druid is at something like two dozen rares and God only knows how many mobs during dailies with none yet. O.o

Just curious if my monk got SUPER lucky, my druid super unlucky, or if this is how it's supposed to function and I just need to keep farming.
I found a key in one of the golden treasure chests on the beach, but tried over 2 dozen times to get one of the elites. Funny thing is, I normally get it off the elites the first try. Perhaps we were just unlucky.
iirc, you get 1 key off any mob per week(common), 1off doing the dailies, and you can get any amount from the rares on the island (hard to get)

edit:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087090109#7

Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from any creature on the island, including the Isle of Thunder Rare Elites. Once you’ve already looted one off of a creature, no more will drop from creatures for your character that week. Additional keys can potentially drop from other select sources, but are extremely rare and not something you can try to farm.

Similarly, you can only obtain one Shan’ze Ritual Stone from an Isle of Thunder Rare Elite per week. You'll still be able to collect more from other sources, though.
You get a pretty much guaranteed key from rares/chests/etc. Thats your one.

You can get more from the end of dailies bag but its rare
This week I actually got 2 keys. One was from the normal Elite kill of the week, I received my second in my Trove from the final daily quest. Sadly it was on a character that really doesn't need more elder charms :x
You get a pretty much guaranteed key from rares/chests/etc. Thats your one.

You can get more from the end of dailies bag but its rare

What he said.
Actually, my question was more of an account-wide question; whether one key was obtainable as a drop per TOON or per ACCOUNT per week. As it turns out, my druid was simply horribly unlucky, since both my pally and my rogue scored one on their first and second rares, respectively. Thank you for the replies though :)