Glyph of Nightmares

Warlock
So we lost it in battlegrounds mostly (as I understand it) because we don't lose the effect on damage (as other classes do).

I really don't feel it wasn't so overpowered as to be worthy of removal.

A snare/slow on damage or other such effect could have been added (Aspect of the Cheetah anyone?) rather than taking it away entirely.
Soulburn + UB is the way to go. Any mount and you can take damage!
Could have made it break on damage, fixed...

for Afflicition...

for Afflicition...

idk if they changed it recently but UB was the one buff that persisted through a spec change. Made it worthwhile when I knew I'd be out on the water for extended periods of time.
I have 2 mounts that can cross water, Felsteed and Dreadsteed. They do cross water in bg's. Would they still cross water without the glyph of nightmares?
I have 2 mounts that can cross water, Felsteed and Dreadsteed. They do cross water in bg's. Would they still cross water without the glyph of nightmares?

O.o

for Afflicition...

idk if they changed it recently but UB was the one buff that persisted through a spec change. Made it worthwhile when I knew I'd be out on the water for extended periods of time.

Sadly, you can't change specs in a BG.
Path of Frost, Water Walking, and Levitate do not require you to be out of combat to mount up and use it. They also allow you to use abilities while you have the buff as long as you don't take damage, it also allows you to carry a flag with it, and does that for you and everybody else that gets one of those buffs.

A Warlock that is not in combat could mount up and walk on water, BUT... they could not use any abilities whatsoever while mounted, even their pet is on passive, and they obviously can't carry a flag while mounted either, and of course it only works for the Warlock. Priests, Shaman, and all healers can heal while in combat while walking on water, and anybody can carry a flag with any of those 3 classes' buff, and all of that can be done in every BG, even rated ones, and it only ends when they take damage. And the Warlock one even requires a glyph, instead of being given for free. Who would have thought that different classes' abilities were different, yet balanced? There was NOTHING wrong with it and it should not have been nerfed.

The Water Strider was changed because otherwise everybody would have been compelled to go get that mount in order to use it in BGs and it is the only mount you would have ever seen in them, so it's obvious why that was disabled.

Nobody knows why the Warlock mount water-walking was disabled in BGs, so people should stop saying it was because the Warlock didn't lose it when damaged in combat or that it was because it couldn't be dispelled, or even that it is intentional, you do not know that.

The thing is, this is most likely a consequence of them making changes to other water walking mounts, as they all share the same "Water Walking" spell effect. When they changed that effect for other mounts, it also changed for the Warlock glyphed mounts. The extra info on the tooltip is added because the mount has that effect attached to it. They changed the tooltip wording and the coding for that effect for the Water Strider, but nobody knows if they meant for it to apply to Warlock glyphed mounts too. There was no reason whatsoever to disable the glyphed Felsteed and Dreadsteed water-walking in BGs, and doing so is a slap in the face to Warlocks and so low that I don't even think Blizzard is capable of intentionally doing it. Customer Service reps are simply looking at the tooltip and figuring it must be intentional, but no Blizz dev has ever said anything about it yet. GC replied to my post about 4 Warlock minor glyphs that were broken or nerfed, but didn't say anything about the Nightmares glyph. He probably knew nothing about it. They are probably running around saying stuff like "I didn't nerf it, did you nerf it?" "I didn't nerf it, must have been someone else". Chances are it was an unintentional overlook by somebody intending to make changes to the Water Strider. Now all they need to do is fix it and ASAP.
Now all they need to do is fix it and ASAP.

Amen.
See those dks and pallies running off in front of everyone b/c their class gets to run faster than anyone else?
Now see how many bgs have water in them compared to the ones without
Then remember dks can ride on water too
And then remember what gets nerfed--warlock ability to ride mount on water
(Not even making it so that damage makes you sink/dismount as op suggests is the root of this, but completely doesn't work anymore, nerfed completely)

And then, again, enjoy the essence of being a warlock in this game.

How else is there to interpret this?
Warlocks get no love,if blizzard hates on us so much why don't they just eliminate the Warlock. They giveth something cool and then taketh away. Been that way for the entire life of the game. If you want love roll a rogue,they are really loved.
See those dks and pallies running off in front of everyone b/c their class gets to run faster than anyone else?
Now see how many bgs have water in them compared to the ones without
Then remember dks can ride on water too

So can the pallies that are right beside the DKs.
Not a bug, and will most likely not be reverted. The tooltips for both Felsteed and Dreadsteed (with the glyph equipped) state that the water walking effect is disabled in battlegrounds. This was a conscious effort on Blizzard's part. The only reason these threads keep popping up is because they decided not to announce or document the change. Get used to it, they like to nerf us. At least now you can show off any of your other dozens of mounts in battlegrounds.
03/13/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Valmart
Not a bug, and will most likely not be reverted. The tooltips for both Felsteed and Dreadsteed (with the glyph equipped) state that the water walking effect is disabled in battlegrounds. This was a conscious effort on Blizzard's part.

But you really don't know that, it just seems most likely to you. If you read my post above, I explain what I think happened and why it most likely is not intentional. I'll quote that part again:

The thing is, this is most likely a consequence of them making changes to other water walking mounts, as they all share the same "Water Walking" spell effect. When they changed that effect for other mounts, it also changed for the Warlock glyphed mounts. The extra info on the tooltip is added because the mount has that effect attached to it. They changed the tooltip wording and the coding for that effect for the Water Strider, but nobody knows if they meant for it to apply to Warlock glyphed mounts too. There was no reason whatsoever to disable the glyphed Felsteed and Dreadsteed water-walking in BGs, and doing so is a slap in the face to Warlocks and so low that I don't even think Blizzard is capable of intentionally doing it. Customer Service reps are simply looking at the tooltip and figuring it must be intentional, but no Blizz dev has ever said anything about it yet. GC replied to my post about 4 Warlock minor glyphs that were broken or nerfed, but didn't say anything about the Nightmares glyph. He probably knew nothing about it. They are probably running around saying stuff like "I didn't nerf it, did you nerf it?" "I didn't nerf it, must have been someone else". Chances are it was an unintentional overlook by somebody intending to make changes to the Water Strider. Now all they need to do is fix it and ASAP.
And your explanation is invalid. If it was unintentional it would not be in the tooltip. You may continue hoping, however, I doubt it will do any good.
And your explanation is invalid. If it was unintentional it would not be in the tooltip. You may continue hoping, however, I doubt it will do any good.

Let me explain this better.

For the Dreadsteed mount spell the tooltip is normally only "Summons a Dreadsteed, which serves as a mount." There is 1 normal effect for that mount: Effect #1 Apply Aura: Mounted (14505).

When you take the Glyph of Nightmares, it adds 2 additional effects to the Dreadsteed mount spell: Effect #2 Apply Aura: Water Walking, and Effect #3 Apply Aura: ?? (Aura #226)
Interval: 500 milliseconds, which is the fire. It is the Effect #2 Apply Aura: Water Walking that causes that extra info to be added to the tooltip.

The Azure Water Strider also has Effect #2 Apply Aura: Water Walking. It and the Dreadsteed both share this effect and also did so during 5.1. During the Beta in June 2012, they modified the Water Strider in some way so that it didn't give the water walking in BGs. During the PTR, they decided to change the Effect #2 Apply Aura: Water Walking to not work in BGs instead of using the old way that they used for the Water Strider up until that point. That effect is what causes the glyphed Dreadsteed to show the extra info on the tooltip. When they changed that effect and it's tooltip text, they changed it for all mounts and every spell that uses that effect.

It is definite that they were working on the Water Strider mount and the Effect #2 Apply Aura: Water Walking during the PTR. Even after the Dreadsteed water-walking got disabled in BGs they were still working on the aura effect and they changed the tooltip again from "This mount walks on water in non-battleground areas." to "This mount can run across water in non-battleground areas."

The Dreadsteed mount spell itself was not changed in any way in 5.2. The Glyph of Nightmares also was not changed in any way. They are both identical to what they were during 5.1. The thing that changed was the Water Walking aura which is shared by all mounts that use it including the Water Striders, and the tooltip texts for them

This means there is ZERO evidence that it was intentional. The people making changes to the Water Strider and the Water Walking aura may not have been aware that it was also used for a class mount, and being the only time the Dreadsteed uses it is when you take the glyph, it is likely that even if they checked they would have missed that important info. After that change, the language localization team came in and made localized tooltips for all the auras and spells, including the only Water Walking aura used by mounts, which they changed to reflect the fact that the aura no longer works in BGs.

What we do know is that there was no real reason to disable it in BGs while leaving every other water walking ability the exact same. Being forced to mount in order to use it places more restrictions on it than the restrictions that similar abilities from other classes have on their versions, in addition to it being self-only. They didn't even remove it from Affliction which also allows them to do it while not mounted and even give it to others. Add to that the fact that it was never mentioned anywhere by any Blizz Dev, and the fact that when I posted this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811342046?page=26#503 during the PTR, I got a reply from GC about 2 of the 4 minor glyphs, but still nothing about Nightmares whether it was intentional or not. Even from my second post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811342046?page=39#767 there was no reply about Nightmares. Shortly after that the Water Breathing glyph was fixed and started working in BGs. Still nothing on Nightmares. Patch hits and everybody starts complaining and still nothing. I believe that's because no Blizz Devs actually knew anything about any intended nerfs to it. If for some really strange unlikely reason somebody at Blizzard did order this change, all they need to do is ask that Dev what the reason was and post it, but nobody there knows who ordered it because that person doesn't exist and it was unintentional. Now that's it's out, people are just making things up and Blizzard is playing along and figuring that some other Dev must have thought that and it's why they nerfed it, after all the tooltip says it's supposed to be like that. When you combine all this with the fact that the glyph text wasn't updated either, and all the things I mentioned above about the changes to the shared Water Walking aura, and I give it about a 99% chance that it was unintentional. Now Blizzard just needs to read this so they can figure out what happened and fix it, and they need to do it ASAP as I have 7 days left on my subscription.