Question about Horridon...

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Hello fellow raiders!

Horridon had been a wall for my guild this week but we are finally able to consistently summon War-Lord Jalak out...

However, I have got four major concerns...

At what HP should Horridon be at when Jalak comes out? Because mine is at about 65% hp and the thought of healing through 65% of Horridon's HP when he is ENRAGED scares me !@#$less.

Another issue is, our DK blood tank died to Jalak from a 700k physical damage hit according to logs. How is this possible? His buff wasn't that high to justify that sort of damage. Unless I'm wrong, do tanks get crit if their backs are facing the boss or is it a mechanic that I'm missing?

Next issue, any advice on how to make Drakkari phase go smoother? It seems that the Frozen Warlords have way too much hp to kill them in a timely manner. By the time he's dead, the raid is in danger of being overrun by the champions and warriors. We literally brute forced this phase with major healing and dps cooldowns including Bloodlust (which is very bad I know, will not use Bloodlust for tonight's attempt).

Last issue, can you all critique this monk tanks's build for me?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Linweiyuan/advanced

I know this is not really related to Horridon and he tanked thru tier 14 and Jinrokh fine for us but when he is tanking this boss, our healers literally threatened to go on strike if he's going to tank again. He is our stand-by tank hence some of his pieces are for DPS spec so please be a little more forgiving. My main concerns are his reforge and gemming. He claims that haste is important for monk tanks so that they can proc elusive brew more often? Is that right?

Thank you so much in advance.
Horridon goes down *very* fast once all the doors are down.

And yes, Jalak hits like a truck. You pretty much need a cooldown up the whole time you're taking him.
Horridon goes down *very* fast once all the doors are down.

And yes, Jalak hits like a truck. You pretty much need a cooldown up the whole time you're taking him.

Hello there. Yes I know he goes down very fast due to receiving 200% more damage from 4 stacks of cracked shell. However, I just want to know at what HP should Horridon be at to be considered normal when all 4 doors are downed?

Also, since Jalak hits like a truck, do you think it is advisable to only kill Jalak when Horridon is casting double swipe to prevent the tank from being one shot from a triple puncture?
Most of Horridon's damage is avoidable. It's very easy to get him down once you finish Jalakk.

Just lust and kill Jalakk asap and then worry about Horridon.
Most of Horridon's damage is avoidable. It's very easy to get him down once you finish Jalakk.

We usually wipe the moment Jalak dies because the monk tank gets one shotted at 85% HP >< which leads to my last concern regarding the monk's build.

We usually wipe the moment Jalak dies because the monk tank gets one shotted at 85% HP >< which leads to my last concern regarding the monk's build.

Do you have a Paladin?

Chances are the tanks are dying to Horridon's stacking debuffs.

A Prot Paladin with Clemancy can 1 tank Horridon most of the fight - and can cleanse the debuff from themselves four times using Hand of Protection.

Any other Paladin can cleanse the tanks with a little coordination (Have them make a /cancelaura Hand of Protection) macro. Paladin tosses it on them as they spam the macro and voila, huge damage reduction. Use it anytime during the fight but especially useful at the end if you're feeling it's taking to long.
1. Have your monk head to tank forums/Brewmaster guide in the aforementioned forum and figure out what hes doing wrong. Jalak needs chain CDs, he hits like a truck.

2. Once he dies there is literally no other damage so both healers can just spam heal the current tank

O.o Do you have any logs or know what killed him? That definitely should not happen.
That happens if you don't kill him quickly enough. His war cry or whatever it is called is a stacking damage buff and if you leave him up long enough his damage output becomes insane.

Sounds like you need to burn him quicker which will also keep the damage from Horridon down by reducing the amount of punctures your other tank takes.
That happens if you don't kill him quickly enough. His war cry or whatever it is called is a stacking damage buff and if you leave him up long enough his damage output becomes insane.

Sounds like you need to burn him quicker which will also keep the damage from Horridon down by reducing the amount of punctures your other tank takes.

Said Bestial Cry only increases the damage of Jalak, not Horridon.
Jalak should be burned down before he ever becomes a problem. Save everything for him because Horridon goes down like a wimp without any support. If you have the right DPS and save a Hero and CDs there, he should be down before Bestial Cry becomes an issue.

All in all, if you aren't downing adds fast enough and resorting to a Hero, it sounds like the DPS isn't high enough or people aren't focusing Warlords first.
Looked over your monks gemming/reforging.

Tanks need to hardcap expertise. This means 15%: He's currently soft-capped.

He's also overvaluing stamina a lot. He should be going haste/crit.
At what HP should Horridon be at when Jalak comes out? Because mine is at about 65% hp and the thought of healing through 65% of Horridon's HP when he is ENRAGED scares me !@#$less.

Just don't worry about it. We tank him on the other side of the room through all of p1. He's above 90% when p2 starts, and probably still above 80% when Jalak dies. It's fine.
It doesn't really matter. I think our first kill was with Horridon at damn near full health. Once you get to Horridon it's basically a given that you'll get the kill.
Thank you so much for your feedback.

We are going to attempt him in another hour.

Wish us Godspeed!
Some people save lust for the end and if thats whats causing issues then obviously lust then, but my guild as a few guilds I have friends in on my server all pop lust on the 3rd door.
And after 3 hours of wiping...

Still couldn't kill Horridon.

We've decided that we should not be playing toys for the big boys. So we will continue our TOES progression and hopefully get some better gear and then try Horridon again.

Personally I feel that the learning curve and gear requirement of Jinrokh and Horridon are heaven and hell in terms of difficulty...

Kind of feel like the difficulty difference between Elegon and Will and also Empress and Protectors.
Would help if you posted your WoL info as well. For all that is known, are you doing A: tanks are swapping off the debuff from Horridon?

For the Drakkari gate, your priority is still the same as the others, the 3 Frozen Warlord spawns and your DPS do their best to kill the other stuff and do some dps to the Warlords (Warlords are usually kited around as their Frozen Orb does a TON of damage to the tank/melee. When the Dinomancer spawns, all dps immediately swap to the Dinomancer to make it drop the orb and force Horridon to slam the gate.

As far as your tank falling over, the DK in this case, was he chaining his CD's? With Bone Armor, Vamp Blood, Icebound Fortitude he should be doing ok (but def not enough to warrant a 700k physical attack unless he accidentally sat down). Also, I'm not 100% sure, but when you guys finish the 4th gate, do your tanks swap? If so, do your tanks swap once again when Jalak comes down? Ideally, you want your tanks to swap whenever their debuffs fall off so Horridon doesn't end up 1 shotting them.
Hello there.

My main issue so far is people dying to things like

Standing on sand.
Standing on poison.
Wrong target priorities.

We didn't even see Jalak just now. Best attempt was Armani.

I think my raiders need to be motivated again by doing content that they can handle easily and get gear for. Too much wipes in the last 3 nights on Horridon. People are losing morale and becoming less and less focus.

But to answer your question, yes, our tanks swap perfectly. My issue has never been the tank or the healers. Mostly DPS not focus firing down priority targets and standing on crap.
Finish off ToES and try Horridon again in 2-3 weeks. Horridon should be much easier once you get that extra gear.