Council 10m

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
We can seem to get through all 4 every so often but we really seem to have trouble with kazra'jin empowered (cant make the 25% before 100 dark energy for some reason)

The others we are fine we have tried no interupts on Sul for more dmg on Kaz but it doesn't happen we've left 1 melee dps with the tank on Sul and just can't seem to get it any lower the ~50%

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x92p8j8le7ujuwgx/

Comp:

Prot war(Fury)
Prot Pal(Ret)

Rdruid
MW Monk
Hpal

Spriest
Warlock
Mage
Hunter
DK

Also available:
Shaman
DK tank/DPS
Feral druid

My healers feel they could 2 heal the fight. (2 healed Horridon for our kill)
I hear people complaining sand traps are entrapping them instantly?
Dungeon journal nor guides seem to say this.

Any help would be appreciated :)
Noticed the same thing -- Sul's entrapment does not appear to be functioning as described in the dungeon journal. We were getting trapped immediately as soon as it spawned.

Is this working as intended?
"Summons a pool of quicksand under an enemy's feet, rooting them in place and inflicting Nature damage every second."

The person trapped by it is rooted instantly and needs dispelled (or an appropriate root break a la blink, master's call, etc).

2 healing is definitely possible. Make sure to stack the bosses and cleave as much as possible (generally, Malakk and Sul should always be on top of one another, with Marli being dragged in whenever she's empowered (and then moving after she isn't empowered).

We lust at the start and focus dps entirely on Sul: cleaves will take out malakk. After that we drag them over to Mar'li and have people still cleaving, but focusing dps on Sul (for us Sul dies during Mar'li's empowerment, but this might not be the case if your dps are lower). For Kazra, we have ranged swap to him full time while leaving melee on Sul/Malakk. If it looks like they won't push him in time, then we swap melee off.

2 healing the fight will likely make it simpler if it allows you to kill Sul before the empower. 2 healing Sandstorm is doable, but it sucks.
Thanks for the tips but if someone could have a quick browse through the logs and see what else we can fix up would be greatful.

As i don't play a ranged class at raiding content anymore i don't have to deal with moving from it but it's obviously easy enough to move out of it before getting entrapped correct?

We'll try a few new strategies on our next raid day.
To help do more damage on Sul, we just ignored some mechanics.

We stacked ALL the bosses on top of each other, around where Marli and Frost-King are by default. We then just wrecked the empowered boss as much as possible, doing damage on the others with cleaves and AOE's.

As far as the LOA Spirits go, we ignored them. The extra damage that the bosses get from stacking them all near each other seemed to compensate for the 5% heal the LOA does. I know it sounds crazy at first, but we 1-shotted Council this week using that strategy.

We did tank-swap for the Frost-King Ice Trap, but even after the taunt, us tanks would just focus Sul and keep our DPS on him.

We saved Hero for the Sandstorm phase that Sul does and just burned Sul down the rest of the way during that. He should be around 25% when you get to that point.
We saved Hero for the Sandstorm phase that Sul does and just burned Sul down the rest of the way during that. He should be around 25% when you get to that point.

Better to just pop hero at the start and go nuts on Sul from the beginning. You can avoid his empowerment.
We have been making guides for ToT. Maybe our Council guide will help solve some issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAxn0tGSohM

Availedguild.com/forum
For all of the attempts that lasted longer than 3 minutes. Your DK had less than 70% uptime on Blood Plague. This should be closer to 99-100%. Just doing this will squeeze out an extra 5-10% damage from your DK, especially if he is spreading his diseases like he should be doing.
When we killed it pre-nerf we 2 healed and killed Sul before he empowered.

Use Shaman, double grounding totem for Kaz's empowerment, makes it trivial.
As i don't play a ranged class at raiding content anymore i don't have to deal with moving from it but it's obviously easy enough to move out of it before getting entrapped correct?

The person trapped by it is rooted instantly and needs dispelled (or an appropriate root break a la blink, master's call, etc).

Now if your ranged are moving into old sand pools and just not moving out before they get rooted, that's just bad play.

Are you holding back a lot of DPS during Kaz's empowerment? The reflected damage will hurt, sure, but if you hold back too much the full DP AoE will wipe you much faster.
Use Shaman, double grounding totem for Kaz's empowerment, makes it trivial.

this is fixed now, as is MSR.

I guess they learned from being able to deflect flame orders for half the tier.
Kaz is annoying for melee.. he leaps, you run 50 yards to get to him and just when you get there, he leaps back to where he was. Or if you don't run and wait he decides not to leap back that time.