Story Forum Community Lounge 59

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
I so badly regret not visiting Ireland when we lived in Germany. Would have been so much easier, closer, and cheaper to visit then.

But yes, definitely want to get there someday. I'd live there, or England, or Australia. Heck, I'd even live in Germany again. I miss it a lot sometimes.

I don't think I could even visit Germany. I have an uncle who was kicked out of America that lives there and I'd like to visit him and visit Germany, but the way I was raised I have become sort of Anti-Germany type person.

That's a shame.

I took three years of German when I was in high school. I would love to visit, but a trip to Europe is expensive. Germany and Scotland will both have to wait.

Husband got to visit Germany, though. He liked it there. My uncle also lived there for a while and I'm pretty sure he liked it, too.

I don't think I could even visit Germany. I have an uncle who was kicked out of America that lives there and I'd like to visit him and visit Germany, but the way I was raised I have become sort of Anti-Germany type person.

That's a shame.

I took three years of German when I was in high school. I would love to visit, but a trip to Europe is expensive. Germany and Scotland will both have to wait.

Husband got to visit Germany, though. He liked it there. My uncle also lived there for a while and I'm pretty sure he liked it, too.

Another Uncle of mine offered to pay to let me go around Europe with him and some of my Cousins since they have periodically lived over there, but I was being pressured about College and stuff that I denied it and it's honestly the 1 thing I regret. I try to not think about it most of the time because it was such a stupid decision.

<-- Half German.
03/17/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Lorelaî

<-- Half German.

I'm Half German also, 1/4 Irish and Swedish.

My Mother though was really proud of her German Heritage, but also really ashamed of it. I'm not really Anti-German, but it's just if I got offered a free trip to Germany I'd say No Thanks.

Yes well that and I'm scared of getting hurt if I go in a different state where absolutely NO ONE not really good.

~Aeluron Lightsong

where absolutely NO ONE what? No one you know?

Yeah that's what I meant.
My hubby is Irish-German, with some Scot in there probably.

Must resist drinking joke...
50% German
25% Italian
25% Scottish
100% Canadian.
03/17/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Haaely

<-- Half German.

I'm Half German also, 1/4 Irish and Swedish.

My Mother though was really proud of her German Heritage, but also really ashamed of it. I'm not really Anti-German, but it's just if I got offered a free trip to Germany I'd say No Thanks.

Germany is a beautiful country. It was easier for me to fit in because I'm Turkish and there are a crapton of Turks there. Some Germans weren't thrilled with all the Americans living there but we never really had any troubles.

I just wish I'd gotten a chance to see more of it. My daughter was born there and when she was a year old, my husband got deployed to Iraq so I was basically by myself with a very small child. Not fun, but also couldn't really do anything or go anywhere while she was so young and he was gone for 12 months.
50% German
25% Italian
25% Scottish
100% Canadian.

Italian really?

I could see the Scottish and German about you, but never would of guessed Italian.
03/17/2013 08:44 PMPosted by Rhonwen

Must resist drinking joke...

Heh
50% Chinese
25% German
25% Irish with a tiny sliver of Leuxembourgian.

It's interesting that 3/4 of my ancestry is made up of nationalities wih languages I despise.

That's a very odd combination lol

Edit: Not being rude or anything I mean no offense just a combination of nationalities I haven't seen before.
*Screams*

God I'm tired of seeing that commercial and wondering if Amy is leaving Ricky which would be freaking terrible.

Anyways I'm going to bed Goodnight.
50% German
25% Italian
25% Scottish
100% Canadian.

Italian really?

I could see the Scottish and German about you, but never would of guessed Italian.

Yeah, my Nana and Uncle have the Mediterrenean skin tone a lot of Italians have.
So the guild vent is now a radio. So it's amazing. Everyone gets to put in their music types and it'll play random songs from them.
Adele in vent. <3
Our family reunions are awesome.

I've only ever been to one family reunion. I don't even remember it.