RP'ing a Child

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
I had that urge to roleplay something different from what I'm used to - my characters often animals or adults - so why not a child? I see children being played in RPs I seen and they simply carry nogginfogger elixirs when they reached that level. It seems like a fun idea, but I won't if it's frowned upon by the community.
You could probably do it, but absolutely no adventuring whenever you're being this child. A three foot tall ten year old could not take the kinds of things that are being fought in wow.
I may be passive if I do walk-up rp's or just casual ones when people start up events on a RP server. I'll avoid any adventuring outside PvE :) I hope it works out!
better start buying alot of noggenfogger
Takumi's mother is a monk, and his father is a shaman. However, as he grew up, he decided that he liked fighting with swords most. He moved to Azeroth to find excitement, and bought a place in Ironforge. Because of his parents' powers, he fights with the moves of a monk, and the elemental powers of a shaman.

I haven't come up with a last name for Takumi, though.
It's not... frowned upon, necessarily. But if you play it wrong, then expect to receive negative responses.

For example, if you're going to be RPing, say, someone who is eleven? Don't do the baby talk. Baby talk stops at, roughly five at the latest. I could still speak normally at the age of 5 but I did have friends who still talked like toddlers. Be realistic for the age as well, there are certain 'moods' that do affect children of both genders at certain ages (beyond puberty). So think back to how you were as a child at that age, and how others you knew were, and use that info to write a believable character.
Takumi, I'm confused as to what you mean by this. Monks often fight with swords, it's just a different style than with a staff or their hands. What I'm caught up on is how he'd come about having all the powers of a monk AND a shaman; and if I'm reading how you're describing this right, a warrior as well.

It's been a while since I've brushed up on my lore, but I don't believe just anyone can become a shaman. You need to have a special connection to the elements, and foster it, which takes up your time to train growing up. This is all speculative on the fact that most orcs can't use elemental powers of a shaman, and they were basically the race that pioneered shamanism.

I personally love the idea of having a warrior who could flow their movements like a monk, and call upon the elements at will. The sad part is, I don't think it'd be widely accepted outside of maybe your friends/guild, assuming you play it as diluted version of all three, like say you can only call upon weak elemental powers sparcely, you're form isn't very good as a monk, and you occasionally stumble as a warrior because you're stance as a monk isn't made for throwing around the weight of plate armor and a two handed sword.

I'm just worried it'd be hard for you to walk into an RP and be like "I'm a warrior that fights like a monk and has all the powers of a shaman!" without getting laughed out before your first emote/post.

(Also, it's easier to think of the name his father would have, like Burnpaw/Flamepaw/Thunderpaw, something shamanistic, since Takumi would have inherited his father's last name.)
Someone on ally side here plays a very annoying child (or at least mentally a child) character that uses third person speech and has fully developed skills. Every time they log into the community channel I want to punch the dude who plays her through the internet.

Meh.

I think Takumi might be a troll. Regardless.

I'd just take a popular Japanese surname like Satou or Takahashi.

Then again, I'd also name a serious Pandaren something like Jiro Yamada (which is roughly equivalent to "John Smith").
Even if Takumi's a troll, I wanted to let him know what he was in for, just by the off chance he isn't :3
t's not... frowned upon, necessarily. But if you play it wrong, then expect to receive negative responses.

I once met a child RPer who was a super powerful shaman, able to beat old mentors. He also said he was imperitive to the destruction of Deathwing.
Don't do that.
03/25/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Augustev
t's not... frowned upon, necessarily. But if you play it wrong, then expect to receive negative responses.

I once met a child RPer who was a super powerful shaman, able to beat old mentors. He also said he was imperitive to the destruction of Deathwing.
Don't do that.

This guy.
I'm a 13 year old so I can probably give you ideas. Children have definitly changed then back in lets say when you were a kid so if you think this is a little bit old for a child just saying. If roleplaying as like a 6 year old i'd say be curious and adventurous. If after 12 years of age you should go for a more teenager personality. (trust me i'm 13 and I know how kids are these days).
A three foot tall ten year old could not take the kinds of things that are being fought in wow.

Ash Ketchum seems to contradict your statement.
Don't do that.

This this this THIS!

I've bumped into a RPer playing as a four year old master warlock. Just... Ugh!
I'm a 13 year old so I can probably give you ideas. Children have definitly changed then back in lets say when you were a kid so if you think this is a little bit old for a child just saying. If roleplaying as like a 6 year old i'd say be curious and adventurous. If after 12 years of age you should go for a more teenager personality. (trust me i'm 13 and I know how kids are these days).

Get off my lawn.

Except we don't want to know how 13 years old act around this era. We need medieval times, and that's only if it's a child.

That or I just got trolled.

Except we don't want to know how 13 years old act around this era. We need medieval times, and that's only if it's a child.

That or I just got trolled.

Oops my bad lol. Not trollling or anything .
Oh boy, child RPers.
They all have the same speech impediment as Elmer Fudd and everyone rolls a gnome to play them. Or they stock pygmy potions and are filled with 'awe and wonder' all the damn time.

In my opinion, they're unnecessary, frustrating, and cause too much drama.

I play mainly antagonistic characters and children are the bane of my bloody existence. You're about to face off with your nemesis when a child heroicly intervenes? Either you fumble around like an utter buffoon as the child outsmarts and defeats you in the MOST CUTE AND CHARMING MANNER, or you roleplay stabbing a child through the chest and never losing your status as 'the person who imagined stabbing a child through the chest and he is bad and evil IRL don't rp w/ him'.
Even then, there's kids on my server that are master spies in the SI:7 or are master druids that can turn into cute little kittens.

I don't recommend making one.

Maybe it's just on my server. I'm willing to shill out a hundred bucks just to transfer my characters out. They're infuriating.
03/31/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Svikari
Either you fumble around like an utter buffoon as the child outsmarts and defeats you in the MOST CUTE AND CHARMING MANNER, or you roleplay stabbing a child through the chest and never losing your status as 'the person who imagined stabbing a child through the chest and he is bad and evil IRL don't rp w/ him'.

IC is not OOC and in serious and meaningful rp In Character Actions should yield fair In Character Consequences.

This means, if your character would kill the heroically intervening child then do it. Give them option: Death, being left within an inch of their life, or retconning their pose and running the hell away.

Just because your character wouldn't hesitate to kill Super Sprog doesn't mean you, OOCly, would. If people think you are evil IRL for it then those people do not grasp that IC is not OOC and are therefore grand !@#$ing idiots who aren't worth playing with anyhow (and should never breed irl, ever).