Where to get tranquil yeti recipe

Pet Battles
I went to Umi in Winterspring to get the recipe for Tranquil Mechanical Yeti. I finished the questline according to http://www.wowhead.com/item=21277#comments, but after completing 'Yetiphobia' I still don't get the recipe. I was at 285 engineering and lvl 81.

Am I missing something?
I don't remember any names, but in order to get the quest from her to unlock the recipe you have to first complete a quest chain inside the inn that involves collecting stuff for three guys bickering amongst each other.
Are you a goblin Engineer?

That's another requirement to the quest that teaches you the engineering spell.
Yes, goblin engineer and finished the questline with the 3 show-offs in the inn.
For some reason Wowdb and armory are both showing the Yeti as requiring 320 engineering skill to make.

So that could be a bug / update from the 250 skill previously shown.

I would get to 320 skill and see if the quest doesn't show up for you then. If it still doesn't, I'd ticket a GM.
Ok, got engineering up to 320 and went back. Still nothing. How do you ticket a GM?
Also where did you look up the skill levels?
You can open a ticket in game or through the Support section here on the Blizzard site.
check your engineering tab because you don't get a schematic to learn it. it is automaticlly placed in your tab there.
Are you a goblin Engineer?

That's another requirement to the quest that teaches you the engineering spell.

My WoW buddy is a gnome engineer; he has the recipe and made us both Tranquil Mechanical Yetis. I expect both types of engineer can make them.

You need to do the quest, "A Yeti of Your Own" and then you learn the recipe.

Check the comments here:
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26011#comments
for more detailed information.
He's trying to get the quest that teaches you the Yeti to pop up; the quest requires him to be a goblin engineer.

If you click on the link the OP provided (basically the same one you did) you'll see that's one of the comments.

I assume you buddy was Goblin spec-ed at one point, then changed specializations and this recipe itself doesn't require goblin engineering.

I had a friend who's a gnomish engineer try to go learn the recipe for me and he wasn't able to.
He's trying to get the quest that teaches you the Yeti to pop up; the quest requires him to be a goblin engineer.

If you click on the link the OP provided (basically the same one you did) you'll see that's one of the comments.

I assume you buddy was Goblin spec-ed at one point, then changed specializations and this recipe itself doesn't require goblin engineering.

I had a friend who's a gnomish engineer try to go learn the recipe for me and he wasn't able to.

No, my buddy, (Somiad) has never been specced as a goblin engineer. Perhaps your friend didn't find the right quest to do. Somiad did that line as a gnomish engineer and has never been anything but.
Interesting, well hopefully the OP figures out what was wrong and lets us know what's the deal with the quest these days.
Ok, created a ticket... average wait time said 5 days and 9 hours... Let me know if anybody have another insight to offer.
Just went and tried to pick this up on my hunter and it was a no go as well. Hunter is level 90 with 600 engineering and goblin speced. I will ask as I have seen this bug a few other things lately as well, did you happen to be in que for anything? I didn't even think about it and did all the quest waiting for ToT to pop. Anyways, bug submitted and may make a post on the bug forums.
And we have a reply from a GM:

The quest was abandoned with the Cata revamp. Umi simply doesn't hand out the recipe any more. :( Apparently some players can still get it if they had started the quest line before.
And we have a reply from a GM:

The quest was abandoned with the Cata revamp. Umi simply doesn't hand out the recipe any more. :( Apparently some players can still get it if they had started the quest line before.

My buddy, who has the recipe, only started playing WoW when I did, in May, 2012.

When was this Cataclysm revamp you mention?
03/23/2013 02:12 AMPosted by Kailassa
The quest was abandoned with the Cata revamp.

I started playing during Cata and I definitely got the recipe on my engineer during Cata. So this can't be accurate. But maybe it went away during MOP.
03/23/2013 12:46 AMPosted by Vianna
The quest was abandoned with the Cata revamp.

He is wrong, but at least not as wrong as my gm was. He stated it was a ui bug and I just needed to reload my ui. Off to the twitters!
Here is what I got from the GM:

We looked into this and sadly this quest was removed with the Cata revamp. Some players are still able to get it if they did the original quest line before Cata but if you do the quest line now, Umi will not offer the ability to learn the Yeti :(

Weird thing with players joined after Cata still getting it. I'll put in a follow up.
Did you want the yeti, cause I can make it, the mats are cheap so I'll make you one for free. Sucks that it isn't available anymore.