Quick Holy question

Paladin
You're out of cooldowns and a melee is up your butt. If you cast anything he'll interrupt. What do you do?
Run and do Holy Shock, Eternal Flame, Holy Prism all don't have a cast time and they are boss. With the Divine Purpose proc you can get to full heath without casting anything in like 5 seconds.
As well fake cast if all those are on CD or no HP
Tauren war stomp?

But seriously, Tamar is right with the instant cast heals. If all of them are also on cooldown, you also have the (greatly inferior) option of swapping seals and throwing out a slow (why am I even listing this as an option), or judging for insignificant dps, or better, taking the time to throw out a utility spell like HoS or HoF or Dispel, all of which depend upon what your fellow teammates are in need of most.
Fake cast what? All my spells are holy school.
...taking the time to throw out a utility spell like HoS or HoF or Dispel...

This is what I do.

I'll judge them, which puts a snare on them and speeds me up, and then I'll use Hand of Freedom on myself. Currently, with my spec, the judge also builds up my selfless healer buff.

In the time it takes to do all of that I usually put some distance between them and myself.

If every CD is literally on cooldown... well... juke like you're Reggie Bush and /lol at them. Then pray after you get the TD.
03/17/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Fatcobra

Fake cast means juke the interrupt.

Fake cast means juke the interrupt.

I'm sorry, I don't know what "juke the interrupt" means. Do you mean that I should start casting a spell and try to stop before they interrupt it?
That is indeed what juking is. Typically done by a slight move while casting, or juke, just like in Footbaaaaaall!

If you interrupt your own cast before they land their interrupt, theirs is wasted and you aren't locked out. If you wait too long, they'll interrupt you, and if you do it too soon, they won't use their interrupt at all and they become wiser to your game. It's a developed skill.
Juking is the art of casting a spell, but then stopping the cast by any means with the intent of baiting out your enemy's Interrupt skills and put them on cooldown. There are pros and cons to this tactic, although it's normally worth attempting if you absolutely must cast something. Your mileage may very depending on the skill of your opponent and number of opponents focusing you.

The pros are obvious, if you are not casting when they try to interrupt you, it may be another 15 seconds before they can try again. This will leave you with a good amount of time to get some good casts in to heal.

On the bad side, classes aren't just limited to interrupts to stop casting. If you juke the Kick from a Rogue, they can still stop you with Gouge, Kidney Shot or Blind if they catch you casting. Some classes even have two interrupts, such as some Rogues and Warriors. The only real time juking will actually let you get a cast off is when you have already been hit with all their other tricks or they are on CD for whatever reason.

I don't know about you, but I can really only keep track of the CCs from like the first two DPS that start attacking me. I also find it hard to tell it they ACTUALLY used the interrupt, especially when I'm getting swamped by graphics.

If you're going to juke, though, start early to gauge how quickly they reach for that Interrupt button. I know some people... I dare say are using a 3rd party program to automatically use off gcd interrupts to stop casts 0.3 seconds into any cast. Some people react in maybe 1 second into a cast. Try a 0.1 second juke, then try a 0.5 second juke. If you don't bait interrupts, you probably can get a Flash of Light out without being interrupted, since the enemies probably think you'll juke a 3rd time. Another strategy is juking while you have instant casts, like Holy Shock, ready, so you're still healing after the juke.
I also find it hard to tell it they ACTUALLY used the interrupt, especially when I'm getting swamped by graphics.

You can download the addon Interruptbar for that. It's really helpful when you are faking, and that is an easy way to kind of keep track. It is not perfect but it's useful.
Thanks for the tips, all. I have a lot to learn about paladin healing---the monk's all-day-long instant-cast healing spheres & incredible mobility have spoiled me. =P
fake cast, freedom/speeding light around a pillar to cast. umm fake cast some more while i pop my instant heals. i will sometimes wog/eternal flame with just 2 holy power just to get a divine purpose proc as well. and most the time i will get chain procs.
Reroll monk for Ring of Peace.
You could always try casting your hearthstone. =)