Haunting Spirit

General Discussion
Post Limit:
I know that Haunting Spirit is acquired by DEing raid gear. Is it then soulbound? I was wondering, as I am yet to see it on the AH.
I've seen it on the AH, going for around 20K on Hyjal.
I've seen it on the AH, going for around 20K on Hyjal.

Going for exactly that on Kael'Thas as well.
I know that Haunting Spirit is acquired by DEing raid gear. Is it then soulbound? I was wondering, as I am yet to see it on the AH.

Doesn't bind, it's just this early into the patch, most raid groups aren't DEing much loot yet, that and many guilds will keep it in their guild bank so they can make gear for their members when they have enough instead of just tossing it out on the AH.
Thanks all.
Just bought one for 10k on AH but I would like to earn it.Any suggestions because I have the pattern for a 522 Helm but need 8 freakn haunting spirits,went to Shadow fang keep and spent two hours and couldn't get one,maybe I am doing something wrong or since it is such a low area that maybe it wouldn't drp for level 90s.
Just bought one for 10k on AH but I would like to earn it.Any suggestions because I have the pattern for a 522 Helm but need 8 freakn haunting spirits,went to Shadow fang keep and spent two hours and couldn't get one,maybe I am doing something wrong or since it is such a low area that maybe it wouldn't drp for level 90s.

lol Try Throne of Thunder.

D/E that 522 dear, to get mats, to make 522 gear.
went to Shadow fang keep and spent two hours and couldn't get one,maybe I am doing something wrong or since it is such a low area that maybe it wouldn't drp for level 90s.

Yeah you'll need to DE stuff from the newest raid for those. Probably just have to wait awhile, they're going to be super rare until people gear up more.
Not soulbound because i have gotten on on my priest from DEing and sent it to my lock who is my tailor
You're not going to get current mats from last expac's content when the mats scale in standard methods.

Inscription had a unique position up until the ink trader was put in.

Because glyphs don't deteriorate in value as you level, as opposed to gear or flasks or what-have-you, inks were being kept long after they had been outleveled simply because the glyphs you could make with them were valuable.
Is it only raid gear? or does the new Conquest gear DE to it now too??
I have the pattern for a 522 Helm but need 8 freakn haunting spirits,went to Shadow fang keep and spent two hours and couldn't get one

assuming you're not completely joking,

wowhead.com is a good site to look up things and see where they drop

in this case, haunting spirits only come from DE'ing items ilvl 522 or higher, which are dropped in the Throne of Thunder normal and heroic mode raid instances.

They will become more readily available as the raid gets older. right now raiding guilds/groups aren't DEing many items, and what items are being DE'ed, the haunting spirits are likely going to the guild bank to craft items for the raid.

In a few weeks, you'll see more of them on the AH than you're seeing now.
At this point most guilds are probably keeping them for themselves after a few months when people start getting things on farm you'll probably start seeing them on the AH for much cheaper.

I think the name is confusing you. There are mobs in SFK called Haunting Spirits, but they're not the items you need. The item Haunting Spirit can only be acquired by DE'ing loot from Throne of Thunder, much like Blood Spirits last tier.
40k on lb
I wish these recipes dropped only in raids and not on the daily cloth cooldown. I don't raid, I don't need or want the hat or slippers and I have no way of getting the mats to make them, yet it cost me 2 days of cool downs that could have gotten me PvP gear recipes I can use for my alts.

I !@#$ing hate that random recipe discovery %^-*.
What is the point of making a crafting pattern require a material that you only get from disenchanting an equal level item?
Sooner or later they will be much more common like blood spirits.
What is the point of making a crafting pattern require a material that you only get from disenchanting an equal level item?

Gives raid guilds a source of income to help with repairs and flasks. Eventually the spirits will make their way to the market just like they did last tier.

My enchanter mage won tier legs of Nalak tonight and got the same legs with his bonus roll. Trying to decide if I want to sell or keep the spirit. I only do LFR so no real reason to make 522 gear.