Monks, disarm abilities definitely OP.

Monk
I bet you did not whine about warriors once last season since you play with one.

On the contrary. I complained about Warriors being OP in these very forums. Look it up. (The posts were under my Shammy's name, Shaolinn.)

Clearly you read my post with jaded eyes. I was stating the fact that my Warrior partner WAS OP and that is why he would have "destroyed the Mistweaver." Instead of balancing that scenario, Blizzard just handed out another OP ability.

Monk's already have a ranged disarm. There is absolutely no reason for them to have a 2nd disarming ability, which has no diminishing returns, and is also ranged considering that you can put it on a friendly target. And if you read my later post, I clarified the fact that being able to "share" that ability is what I have an issue with the most.
HAHA 80% of the other posts on this forum say monks suck. So they have one ability thats pretty nice and OMG is too OP nerf it now!
This thing needs to only last 4-5 seconds, or have a 1.5-2 minute cooldown. Its definitely messing up random bg's
The benefit of having played this game since 2006 is having seen every single class in this game so overpowered "blizzard needs to end this nao or kittens will suffer my rage!" And every single class in this game so weak "blizzard should just delete this class and refund my sub money and clean my house!"

The more it changes the more it is the same...

One patch... next patch will be somebody else...

And people with no sense of perspective or history will act like this is some conspiracy to personally gimp them and steal their lunch money...

But again, next patch, it will be something completely different.
I genuinely haven't made one of these !@#$%ing posts in probably 5 years. Although some classes have been mildly overpowered over the course of wow, I have never seen anything like this. Monk's disarming abilities are beyond belief. It just doesn't feel true to wow. If monks get a mass disarm, that should be it, and it would be short, only a few seconds.

You know whats really funny Mr Warrior?

When I see you target me, then I Grapple Weap, right before you /Charge.

Good times...I can see the rage in your pixels.
The only real legitimate concern with rop (aside from the cd) is how disable rooting auto-procs the silence.
I had a stalemate Arena match last night with Me (Holy Pally) + Arms Warrior vs. Mistweaver Monk + Shadow Priest. - Pre 5.2, my Warrior would have easily destroyed the Mistweaver, which makes sense since Warriors were OP. Now, post 5.2, my Warrior spent 1/2 the match passified. Between being disarmed by the Monk's Grapple Weapon and Ring of Peace and the S. Priest's Psychic Horror. And when he had those "kill" moments, the Monk popped Life Coccoon.

RoP is way OP. It's a talent that is available to every Monk spec, which is dumb. It both silences and disarms any enemy within its radius which is absurd, but it is also castable on a friendly target which is insane. Add the fact that it moves with the target and you have a bonafied OP ability.

PS> My Warrior arena partner saw no diminishing returns from the series of disarms.

Sounds more like you played against a superior comp with opponents that were skilled in rotating CCs. i.e. you got out played. Doesn't mean that a single ability needs to be nerfed.
I don't care if the game "isn't balanced around 2v2". Most of the arena players do 2v2 and a WW monk should not be able to cause a draw because they can't be killed due to all of their disarming abilities, insane mana regen, and healing abilities not to mention their mobility.
How is it that you are not forcing the MW to OOM faster than you are? MW mana is faeces.
Most of the people who do 2v2 seriously are noobs since there are extreme class imbalances. 3v3 on the other hand, Dont have to pop every cd you have right off the bat just to do damage.
This is a bit pathetic. A guy posts about an overpowered class and everyone rages at him and brings up other topics to try negate his original post. There's so many people who agree with him. It's only monks arguing with him.
Maybe because it's the monk forums. It's not like this was on the front page; you had to forum search it and necro a month and a half old thread. There is also a large difference between a warrior complaining about monk disarms and...a hunter. It's not monks, it's you. If you want to learn why, read the rest of the forums, rather than searching for something convenient.
dat nerco
I have seen people complaining about this move all over. Please stop. It is a useful move for monks yes, but it is not OP. Yet, if all of you people continue complaining on forums we are going to get a nerf where we do not need it. Learn to counter it and stop complaining. The reason we were given RoP is because we are very easy to CC. There are countless moves that are much more OP than RoP. What about a paladins 10 seconds of freedom in arenas? How about a warlock that can hit a fully pvp geared player for 200k? What about fear that can create 16.02 seconds of freedom off of one cast? What about the fact that all of your warrior stuns do not break on damage? There are so many moves more overpowered than ring of peace. Learn to counter before you go and !@#$% on forums.

Could not agree more. Well said sir!
I genuinely haven't made one of these !@#$%ing posts in probably 5 years. Although some classes have been mildly overpowered over the course of wow, I have never seen anything like this. Monk's disarming abilities are beyond belief. It just doesn't feel true to wow. If monks get a mass disarm, that should be it, and it would be short, only a few seconds.

Ok, if your second wind only ticks for a few seconds we have a deal.
I have seen people complaining about this move all over. Please stop. It is a useful move for monks yes, but it is not OP. Yet, if all of you people continue complaining on forums we are going to get a nerf where we do not need it. Learn to counter it and stop complaining. The reason we were given RoP is because we are very easy to CC. There are countless moves that are much more OP than RoP. What about a paladins 10 seconds of freedom in arenas? How about a warlock that can hit a fully pvp geared player for 200k? What about fear that can create 16.02 seconds of freedom off of one cast? What about the fact that all of your warrior stuns do not break on damage? There are so many moves more overpowered than ring of peace. Learn to counter before you go and !@#$% on forums.

A warlock cannot hit a fully geared player for 200k, even with buffs. 150k if lucky, but not 200k on a fully geared player. If you want to give analogous examples, please don't embelish your numbers.
What's funny is that the monks are actually siding with the idea that monks are not OP. Please read and understand that Mistweaver Monks are the most of OP in 5.2. Why? Ohoho ok here we go.. where to start. Ring Of Peace, takes away weapon. Disarm, Takes away weapon. Tornado launch, launches the monk seriously far. Bubble, bubbles hard on monk, Transcendence, ports them like warlocks. Paralize, stun the crap out of healer. Jade Statue, extra healing support, Mana tea, replenishes mana. Mistweaver Monk IS WAYYYY TOO OP, no matter what you 'Monks' <-- Say that how your not Op, trying to get away with another patch, monks ARE OP. And arguing saying that dk's are worst? We have pull, stun, obliterate, and necro, and frost strike. Any questions? -Monks apparently now rule Arena-
ROFL ^?
http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stats-classesrepartition-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.html

Just a lil fact, Warriors, Ret Paladins, Rogues, Dk and even Feral Druids have more representation in Arena. The only melee spec WW has more % over (according to this) would be Enhancement which is pretty gawd awful.

Just in case you didn't click the link I'll let you know what MW/WW have more representation over.

Assassination Rogue, Elemental Shaman, Protection Paladin and Warrior, Blood Dk, MM Hunter, Holy Priest, Demo Lock and more.

Btw you know that Arms War and Holy or Ret Paly are pretty high up in comparison? Arms is THE highest % in melee, only 2nd behind frost mage

WW Monk at or above 2.2k rating 1.8%
MW is right behind with 1.6% at or above 2.2k rating

Guess what Arms is? 8%
Frost AND Unholy Dk are at half of that with 4.5% and 4%
Holy Pal and Ret are 5.5% for holy and 4.5% for ret

Soooo please respond with facts or stop trolling. If it were OP you would see way more than a lil 1.6-1.8%. Btw don't you have all those jumps and leaps you can do? Or if you were with a paladin why didn't he just hoJ? or Kite? Or Bubble you? Or use blinding Light, Or fear, or basically anything?

P.S. that site. "Last Database Update : 03 May 2013 - Players with 2200 rating or higher - 32,713,924 players in the database"