TwizzCast Live with Greg Street Wed, 6:30 pm

General Discussion
I had been away from the game and the game community for quite some time prior to the launch of MoP.

To me there is a clear difference in the transparency and interaction between the community and the devs, CMs, and CS reps, and I have really been enjoying and appreciating that. Questions about all aspects of the game are being answered or at least acknowledged not only here on the forums but also on twitter and in podcasts.

I disagree with those who have said that the interviews are all fluff and don't address any important issues. The interviews I have heard, particularly with Ghostcrawler, have seemed very candid and he talked about things like the mistakes he thinks they made in the development of Cataclysm and about the community feeling disconnected through the use of random Dungeon Finder and LFR.

Anyway, thanks guys for putting together these interviews, I really enjoy listening to them.
This is an evolving process. We've been tweeting about other interviews as well and you can find a slew of them in the Round-up blog here. We'll see how it goes though. We don't purport to be perfect, but we're trying new things and seeing how they go. :)

I would never call myself perfect either. I wear my demons on my sleeve.
Your choice for corporate endorsement just baffles me.
The Instance, All Things Azeroth, etc... deserve just as much love, probably even more for the years of support they've brought to players of this game.
How did Twizz get Zarhym in his pocket?
....And then there's this stuff. There's just no pleasing some people. Even after 6 years of community management with Blizzard, I'm still perplexed by this type of utterly and stubbornly misguided negativity.People pay their money and they are entitled to their opinion, you don't have to agree with it or post it.

I find it funny that a lvl 1 posted this
03/13/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Jakeurai
This is an evolving process. We've been tweeting about other interviews as well and you can find a slew of them in the Round-up blog here. We'll see how it goes though. We don't purport to be perfect, but we're trying new things and seeing how they go. :)

I would never call myself perfect either. I wear my demons on my sleeve.
Your choice for corporate endorsement just baffles me.
The Instance, All Things Azeroth, etc... deserve just as much love, probably even more for the years of support they've brought to players of this game.
How did Twizz get Zarhym in his pocket?

We know and love The Instance and All Things Azeroth as well. We usually try to get Russell Brower over on The Instance from time to time to talk music too. We've worked with them and many others for many (many) years. We're also open to hear of more great sites that perhaps we haven't been in contact with yet or should know. No one's in anyone's pocket though. I also don't even know where Zarhym might have pockets unless they're tucked into his skeletal eye sockets. That would just be weird though.
We know and love The Instance and All Things Azeroth as well. We usually try to get Russell Brower over on The Instance from time to time to talk music too. We've worked with them and many others for many (many) years. We're also open to hear of more great sites that perhaps we haven't been in contact with yet or should know. No one's in anyone's pocket though. I also don't even know where Zarhym might have pockets unless they're tucked into his skeletal eye sockets. That would just be weird though.

You're typing this with wax drippings. Anything is possible.

You're typing this with wax drippings. Anything is possible.

Are you saying I'm drippy? I drip? Perish the thought! It's the power of my MIND at work. ;)
I just hope the people who ask the questions are polite about it and not rude or condescending because they don't have to do this for the community.

I have seen how people act on Twitter and I am amazed at how composed GC and the rest of the team are.

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"

*passes cookies and milk to all the CM*
People forget that before this interview, there were many other interviews. Blizzard has done Ask Me Anything's (AMA) before, they have had streaming segments where thousands of people were asking questions in a scrolling chat room, and a lot of the CM/Devs continue to answer questions every day on Twitter, on Forums, and even via e-mail.

Before people forget that many other podcasts, fansites, youtube channels, and twitter accounts have received love by Blizzard before, check out this thread:

Fansites & Other Resources http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933956493

There are TONS of Blizzard Supporters on that list, and a lot of them just received a series of interviews, and exclusive. Just based on World of Warcraft podcasts, there are over 100 that record on a regular basis.

World of Warcraft players should just be excited that SOMEONE gets to talk with Ghostcrawler, or any of the developers of the game we all love to play. Just like previous interviews, this gives the every day player a chance to ask the questions they have always wanted to ask, but never had the opportunity.
hrm.. So all the questions are gonna be emailed then reviewed, then hand selected... lol. Why do i get the feeling that most of the questions wont be what the majority subscribers will want answered... just saying
There are TONS of Blizzard Supporters on that list, and a lot of them just received a series of interviews, and exclusive. Just based on World of Warcraft podcasts, there are over 100 that record on a regular basis.

I would hardly say tons. And really, that list needs to be updated.
So I guess I might as well step in and comment on this.

As a podcaster who covers WoW podcasting, I have a bit of a unique perspective on the whole situation.

In general there has been an increase in the amount of support and growth within the community. Many new shows have sprung up in the past few months alone. The number of current active WoW podcasts is close to 70, just counting English speaking productions.

For those concerned about the attention being given to a singular podcast, I'd invite you to take a moment to step back and consider this:

WoW podcasting as a whole has received more support from the Community team than it ever has in the lifespan of the game.

Twizzcast is not the only show to have received support from the Community Team. The Instance, Legendary, and Epic Podcast also received opportunities with this round of interviews. Podcasts that are both well-known or still growing are receiving support.

With the large number of casts out there and a limit on resources (dev time, CM time, etc) the Community Team has to make difficult choices when setting up these interviews. They are more than willing to support productions that are "mainstream" and not, but they also need to make an efficient use of the time spent on that.

Regardless of your personal opinion or likes and dislikes of specific shows, certain shows may end up getting more attention (via multiple interviews for example) for a number of reasons. Production quality, listenership, and a history of communication between the show and the community team all play a part in this I imagine.

I for one am happy that -any- podcast is getting an opportunity for a Ghostcrawler interview post 5.2 launch.

In a time when the community is showing growth and appreciation for one another (I'll use the recent #WoWP5 campaign on Twitter as an example), I don't find it healthy for any of us as podcasters or podcast listeners to be bashing one another on open forums.

In regards to this GC second interview specifically, I think I can easily explain why so much attention is being given in promoting it.

1) Their previous interview ended up being cut short due to circumstances beyond their control. These things happen. I believe this second interview was an attempt to make up for that.

2) As such, being that it is one of only 3 5.2 launch "follow-up" interviews, more attention is going to be focused to it by the Community Team.

3) Considering that those at Twizzcast want the community to give them the questions to ask rather than come up with it themselves, the Community team has decided to promote that gesture with greater attention than usual.

I can assure you that Twizzcast is not the "official podcast" of Blizzard, the Community team, or anything similar. They are one podcast being given an opportunity to convey the questions players have to Ghostcrawler and hopefully get meaningful answers to those questions.

As the host of the Realm Maintenance podcast I'll admit I do have my own personal podcast preferences. There are shows I like and dislike, and where I stand on any specific show could surprise you.

That said, the public bashing of any one podcast in the community... whether it's The Instance, All Things Azeroth, Twizzcast, 5 WoW Things, Stopcast, Realm Maintenance, etc etc just isn't necessary.

The WoW podcasting community is a family. Sure some of us may have our squabbles at the dinner table but at the end of the day I won't tolerate any negativity being shown to any production, whether I listen to their show often or not.

I'm interesting in hearing what Ghostcrawler has to say in response to the questions fielded to him, and I look forward to covering the interview in my own way via my own show.

Now if you'll excuse me... I have some green fire to hunt down! :P

Being disappointed for a few days because you can't destroy things properly is mildly like a child throwing a temper tantrum. People like the new content, but don't like the idea that when you add content to anything code-based you are bound to get errors.
No, I really don't like the fact that a few of my classes have bugs, that dungeons are a little messed up or that quests are a little screwy; I'm willing to deal with it (like I have from the very start) to get to play an awesome game with content that is always changing.

This too, shall pass.

"Not being able to destroy things" and being the absolute dead last spec in damage ... there's degrees there. I might not have much of a choice other than accept whatever monkey math he uses to come up with his unjustified nerfs, but I damn well don't have to listen to his stupid !@# podcast.

Yes, there _are_ degrees. I get that, really. Yeah, it was nice that in my offspec I was busting out 55k damage.. but it was in 450iL gear.. That's not over powered? Come on. On top of that, hotfixes are meant to solve a major issue that could ruin the entirety of the game as fast as possible-they're not meant to solve _every_ class issue that there is all at once. When you code something there are stacking issues.. what might solve one thing throws another off. There will be more hotfixes and patches to resolve said issues. Until then, there's no reason to bash GC's podcast. That's like going to E3 and attending a panel.. you're there to see what comes next... not bash the people bringing you something you love.
To say I've been around awhile is an understatement; this isn't the first time and it won't be the last. But it will get sorted.
Also, no one said you have to listen to the podcast.. just an advertisement of sorts.
So I guess I might as well step in and comment on this.

As a podcaster who covers WoW podcasting, I have a bit of a unique perspective on the whole situation.

In general there has been an increase in the amount of support and growth within the community. Many new shows have sprung up in the past few months alone. The number of current active WoW podcasts is close to 70, just counting English speaking productions.

For those concerned about the attention being given to a singular podcast, I'd invite you to take a moment to step back and consider this...

I love you, Rho. Thanks for sharing your perspective on all of this. We've spoken many times before via email, so I know you know what many of my philosophies, goals and ambitions are when scheduling interviews. I appreciate you communicating that to others.

And for the podcasters or fansites admins out there who disagree with you, they should have my email address and are welcome to reach out to me directly. For those that don't have my email address, hit me up on Twitter so I can exchange contact info. :)
I'd like to see something about the state of DPS Shamans in Arenas. Many others and I think they are lacking tremendously in PvP and I'm curious what your guy's view is on them and what your wanting to do to improve them. Really like Elemental Shaman playstyle but even after the buffs from 5.2 they are still very fragile and are easily locked out of all damage. (ESPECIALLY BY ROGUES).
The problem is these interviews tend to be nothing but fluff and never address any real serious game issues.

+1