restarts

General Discussion
It's only like 5-10mins. What's the big deal?

you spend 20 minutes working towards a bg victoury that will be taken from you

you spend 30 minutes in a dungeon, cannot complete.

you are looking for a weather specific pet, realm restarts and weather changes

you are looking for a rare spawn. realm reboots he is gone

You get logged out while fighting a raid boss on heroic mode, probably could have gotten him but not now!

You are trying to do PvP, realm restarts jack up the que when they are over and it takes a half hour to get back in the groove.

You have 2480 Arena rating and are pushing 2500. Oops realm restart!

Or simply you are trying to do something meaningful in game before work, but can't

You get logged out while fighting a raid boss on heroic mode, probably could have gotten him but not now!

You are trying to do PvP, realm restarts jack up the que when they are over and it takes a half hour to get back in the groove.

Or simply you are trying to do something meaningful in game before work, but can't
You had 12 hours notice to plan accordingly.
... Yes. Because implementing fixes for the game are so much less important than your enjoyment.

Sometimes glitches happen, and it's better to fix them now than have game breaking glitches all week.

Sorry I forgot to refresh the forums every 3 minutes 24/7 while I was logged in to and playing a video game.
I'm sorry, imo save all those fixes for tuesday when you do the maint. the constant rolling restarts and tiny patches and surprise maint's are getting extremely annoying, like the op said there are those of us that only have so much time in the week to even touch the game. We pay to play, not pay to wait.

Sorry but I'd rather not have to wait a whole week to be able to do the Kirin Tor dailies. Going about the quests only to get the Stone Cold one and being force to stop there is not acceptable so by all means bring it down and fix the bugs.

And if you only have so much time to play how would you feel if in the small about if time your doing your daily quest you find you can't complete them because you can't interact if an item because of a bug? Ya I think that is worth bringing down the servers for 15 minutes. And from the posts of all these "limited time" people I get the impression that none of you are even that far into the same yet.
Sorry I forgot to refresh the forums every 3 minutes 24/7 while I was logged in to and playing a video game.
You only had to check once. Maybe while your toon was logging into the world?

They even have these things called "bookmarks" to speed it up ;) (do not try to out snark me :P)
Read the ToS. You signed up to allow it.
"Hey all This is Blizz, I know we just did maintenance on Tuesday, but you dont mind if we restart the servers everyday between now and next Tuesday". :/

I dont mind the 6 hr downtime every tuesday, but these daily restarts are getting a little annoying

You'd be a hell of a lot more annoyed if the problems they fixed during these restarts were instead left to crop up over the course of the week.
(do not try to out snark me :P)

sort of like "you had 12 hours to plan accordingly"

Really? Thanks for the condescending update!

If I had 12 hours to plan, then I would have planned. You probably should have gathered that this was not the case based off my statement. I see that connection was not made.

I did not get the message since I was online when it came out and I did not log off.

Also you should call governor hickenlooper in CO and tell him to veto HB 1224,1226 and 1229. Thanks!

America.
I suggest that when restarts are announced that you can click on the... [Server]: Restart in 15 minutes. You should be able to click on the [Server] and have a window popup with info regarding the reason for the restart/shutdown with estimated downtime.

What if there was a bug with those dungeons, pets, rares, BGs, raid bosses, or Arena fights?

Would you really want them to let that bug languish for a week?

No, my guess is you'd be here screaming your !@# off for them to fix it NOW NOW NOW. Double standards are fun, aren't they?

What if there was a bug with those dungeons, pets, rares, BGs, raid bosses, or Arena fights?

Would you really want them to let that bug languish for a week?

No, my guess is you'd be here screaming your !@# off for them to fix it NOW NOW NOW. Double standards are fun, aren't they?

There already is and they already have. The first boss in AQ40 (who does have a pet) not longer drops any loot and doesn't count as a boss other then the kill saves you to the instance. This has been in the game for 2 weeks now.
03/20/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Tyriontheimp
If I had 12 hours to plan, then I would have planned.

You had 12 hours :)

I did not get the message since I was online when it came out

It is not anyone's fault but your own for not checking the service status forum while logging in. Consider this a life lesson.

Also you should call governor hickenlooper in CO and tell him to veto HB 1224,1226 and 1229. Thanks!
Sorry, to busy fighting against the Democrats in my wn state. Some people think they are on a faction imbalanced server? I'm a Republican in Massachusetts :P
Sorry but I'd rather not have to wait a whole week to be able to do the Kirin Tor dailies. Going about the quests only to get the Stone Cold one and being force to stop there is not acceptable so by all means bring it down and fix the bugs.

And if you only have so much time to play how would you feel if in the small about if time your doing your daily quest you find you can't complete them because you can't interact if an item because of a bug? Ya I think that is worth bringing down the servers for 15 minutes. And from the posts of all these "limited time" people I get the impression that none of you are even that far into the same yet.

If I made it to that quest and its bugged (like that one where the dino thing has been watering the bushes for the past 2 years -_-) I'd simply do something else, there is pleeeeeeenty of other things to do in the game 1 daily cant make or break a game for me, and if its what breaks the WHOLE game for you then thats sad. I could find a plethora of things to do in the game in a weeks time while I wait for tuesday to roll around for the patch/maint/hotfix/restart lol. Also there are plenty of us "limited time" players that are quite far in the "same" (I'm assuming you meant "Game" when you said same). The "impression" I'm getting from you is that you don't have a job, significant other, or kids, so I suggest you get at least 2 of those to get some perspective as to why us "limited time" gamers are annoyed.
I was in the shower when they did a restart. I hate that.

No water heater reboot?
03/20/2013 07:58 AMPosted by Solaru
You only had to check once. Maybe while your toon was logging into the world?

They even have these things called "bookmarks" to speed it up ;) (do not try to out snark me :P)

Pretty sure that is unpossible!
It is not anyone's fault but your own for not checking the service status forum while logging in. Consider this a life lesson

Why can't blizz do an in-game message 15-30 min before a restart or surprise maint.? I've seen them do it before, think that would just be common courtesy.
Don't they restart your TV and internet everyday, with downtime on Tuesday? They do mine...

internet and tv sometimes has a unexpected downtime. when a company has to get into the ground and decides to unexpectedly cut the fiber optic cable somewhere knocking out internet for some. though only seen it once.
I understand the need for fixes and such and welcome them to make the game better

This thread proves otherwise.