LFR ToT is fail for loot...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
Ya they have to buff the drop rate on loot :(

Used 4 coins yesterday and got loot/gold/loot/loot with 4 kills (plus 1 loot drop)

3 drops from LFR isn't enough (and coin got me same helm I got in LFR off our 10-man kill). Third boss also gave me gloves tier which the coin also got me so I got the tanking and the DPS one.

This message is brought to you by the sarcasm department.
I got 2 pieces from ToT lfr this week. Rng is rng.. LFR is ment to be a alternate to raiding for those of us who can't commit to a guild scheduled, not a loot fest... I remember going weeks without loot when I was 10man raiding...
I got the fox kit out of a bag yesterday. So i am happy. And a chest piece for my paladin. And on my main i got pants that i sharded and got two sha crystals. Loot system working great in my eyes.
Ya they have to buff the drop rate on loot :(

Used 4 coins yesterday and got loot/gold/loot/loot with 4 kills (plus 1 loot drop)

3 drops from LFR isn't enough (and coin got me same helm I got in LFR off our 10-man kill). Third boss also gave me gloves tier which the coin also got me so I got the tanking and the DPS one.

This message is brought to you by the sarcasm department.
If I take your foot, will I get your luck?

So far I've gotten a living sandling. >_>
I am running 5 90s across 2 accounts and prior to 5.2 I was earning, on average, a piece or 2 of gear per week. I run these characters through everything they have access to (raid/heroic/scenarios). Since 5.2 I have earned nothing on any of my characters. My wife and brother both have also experienced lower than normal loot rates too.

Of course this is in no way a statistical analysis, but rather just personal observation. However with so many posts in these forums, WoWhead and /r/wow all complaining about the same thing I suspect Blizzard has lowered drop rates across the board in an effort to slow us down and drag the content out further. Dragging content out seems to be the single focus of this expansion.
Welcome to raiding, you aren't guaranteed upgrades every week.

Incorrect, regular raiding has guaranteed loot drops, LFR does not. In a regular raid, even if I don't get an upgrade, one of my guildies does, so the raid as a whole progresses and gets a gear upgrade, even if my individual character does not.
These complaints about loot are the result of expecting too much from the player base.

What fun is there to be had in a heavily nerfed raid environment? Very little. The main reason people are doing LFR is for loot. The nonsense about "seeing the content" is just that - a farce. Why do you think people were so keen on chain running 5 mans? The loot. Imagine if you took away the random queue option from 5 man heroics? The outcry would be deafening.

Speaking of reaping what you sow. Blizzard created this entitlement culture in their game. They started throwing welfare epics at their players and now that the parade is slowing down the crowd is angry. Good. Let them get angry. Let Blizzard have to deal with the complications of a Monty Haul campaign model. It's their fault for turning what was an epic game of adventure into a hoarders gone wild episode.
Ran through both LFR queues and used the coins and got nothing from all 6 bosses. I mean this loot system is a joke, coins dont give you an extra shot at loot they just give you gold if you are needing it thats all. Even last week went through the first part of LFR and didnt get a thing. Yea yea ppl are gonna shout the "rng is rng" bs but after doing 6 bosses with 6 extra chances with coins and get nothing is a slap in the face to ppl on blizzards part. They really need to adjust the loot drops to at least 40% chance or more for gear to drop.

I got something on my 11th kill (including 3 normal kills), some I used extra rolls, others I did not. Either way, getting loot has always been iffy. Sometimes you get tons of it, other times you end up waiting a month for an upgrade (from a raid).
03/20/2013 06:53 AMPosted by Druga

Incorrect, regular raiding has guaranteed loot drops, LFR does not. In a regular raid, even if I don't get an upgrade, one of my guildies does, so the raid as a whole progresses and gets a gear upgrade, even if my individual character does not.
Your raid isn't guaranteed upgrades, either. Back in Firelands, Alysrazor dropped daggers and agi leather for something like 2 months straight, and we didn't have any rogues or ferals.

Same thing.... but your new LFR guild has ~250k members. =]

incorrect, by your logic LFR also have guaranteed loot drops since someone is getting loot each run.

loot drops but the odds of the loots being eligible for you are not guaranteed, or even of you winning a roll against another player in your guild. the only thing that is better is that the group is kinda stable and eventually ppl will stop needing on things and you will get better upgrades faster. you cant get anywhere close to that with 25 random players on each run..
Ran through both LFR queues and used the coins and got nothing from all 6 bosses. I mean this loot system is a joke, coins dont give you an extra shot at loot they just give you gold if you are needing it thats all. Even last week went through the first part of LFR and didnt get a thing. Yea yea ppl are gonna shout the "rng is rng" bs but after doing 6 bosses with 6 extra chances with coins and get nothing is a slap in the face to ppl on blizzards part. They really need to adjust the loot drops to at least 40% chance or more for gear to drop.

its just like real raiding and running dungeons your not going to get something everytime you run get over it it takes time to get gear
I would be happy if i could earn all my upgrades. Lets up the valor cap then.
Back when I used to raid you wouldnt always get something each week, your item may not drop. Sometimes you would get in these streaks where you could almost predict what would drop.

I dont really see that much difference on my end. But I hear all these horror stories.

Two weeks; five 502 drops.
The apologists are failing once again, at thinking. In the Normal Mode system, or the old Raid Finder system, your chance at getting loot is higher, and gets higher the longer the content exists, because people who already have it will pass on it.

Even with the problems in the DS RF, where people would often roll need on whatever they could roll need on, there would still be some people who would pass, increasing your odds.

That discrepancy probably accounts for a lot of the problems now. The method of increasing your chance every time you come up empty is the perfect solution. They need to do it NOW.

Guilds have long had a system for rationalizing loot, which is some form of DKP. Under every version of that system, your chance of getting something increases the longer you go without getting anything.

thats what you dont understand, the player factor is actually the worse factor you can have in LFR. ppl fighting each other, coming to forums to complaing that a "derp with low dps" got the item instead of him, that someone else rolled need just to try and sell the item for the group or to trade it for his friend or just cause he doesnt know any better and will probably just end up selling to the npc latter.

this things cause a lot more harm then players being mad against rng and against the game and not against each other. your chance on loot is only higher in the old system if ppl knew how to be good to each other or if you had a group sharing loot to each other.

Even with those problems in DS, there were still plenty of people who passed on gear they didn't need. I was one of them. More than once, two of the same Tier tokens dropped, and I won both. I gave one to whoever had the second highest roll. And so on.
Back when I used to raid you wouldnt always get something each week, your item may not drop. Sometimes you would get in these streaks where you could almost predict what would drop.

I dont really see that much difference on my end. But I hear all these horror stories.

Two weeks; five 502 drops.

I've killed Council of Elders 4 times trying to get a weapon, using Runes all four times, for a total of six rolls. Nothing. Also used Runes twice on Horridon for a total of four rolls. Altogether in ToT so far, I've had 12 rolls. Nothing but gold. But that's only two weeks. It pales in comparison to the bad luck I had in Raid Finder before 5.2.

Just because regular raiding has guaranteed loot drops doesn't mean all 10 or 25 people in the raid get loot every week.

Remember there is no "raid as a whole" in LFR.
Just want to reiterate this point: under the traditional loot system, whether you're in a guild run, a pug or Raid Finder, your chance to get loot increases with each day the raid is available. That happens because other people get gear, and then they pass on it when it drops again. Blizzard most likely did not take that factor into account when they came up with the (reported) flat 15% drop chance in Raid Finder. And that's why people sense (rightly) a huge difference.
Just want to reiterate this point: under the traditional loot system, whether you're in a guild run, a pug or Raid Finder, your chance to get loot increases with each day the raid is available. That happens because other people get gear, and then they pass on it when it drops again. Blizzard most likely did not take that factor into account when they came up with the (reported) flat 15% drop chance in Raid Finder. And that's why people sense (rightly) a huge difference.

They did take that into account.

Also, this didn't happen much in DS LFR. Most people rolled on what they could roll on even if they had it already because they could trade it. Plus, the nature of LFR meant you were constantly grouping with new people, so even if you were in a group one week where 3 Vanq shoulder tokens dropped, 8 people rolled, and 3 different people won, you could still find yourself in a group the next week with 8 people who needed Vanq shoulder tokens.