Zandalari Paladins

Story Forum
03/21/2013 02:38 AMPosted by Suraia
They stayed on in the new Horde

They left the Horde after the Second War was lost.

Even the Revantusk didn't officially rejoin the Horde until Cataclysm.

03/21/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Gandred
You claimed he would be as righteous in attacking Quel'Thalas as the Night Elves are in defending Ashenvale.

The High Elves had no stake in the land they squatted on when they squatted on it.
Everyone else seemed to like it.

Fun theories are awesome, I have quite a few myself. Like my bit on Draenei Paladin development.

Using them to justify something in actual lore doesn't work, which is kinda what you're using for your whole Hakkar bit.

He was bad, not misunderstood. At least bad by what we as mostly mortal races view it.

03/21/2013 02:35 AMPosted by Pyronaptor
Zul'jin didn't do any invading before we raided Zul'Aman.

Wat?

I'm not saying the Blood Elves weren't jerks at times but the Amani pretty much started the crap that led up to the ZA raid.

Belves took over abandoned land and started living there, Amani say "DIS IS TROLL LAND" and get all mad just because.

Like Troll do in every other conflict ever. Not buying it.

I've never said any of the characters I like were benevolent or tried to victimize them. I know Grom did terrible things.

You can't tell that from reading what you write sometimes.
The Amani and the Elves were enemies long before the Horde got the Blood Elves to join. I'm not even referring to that, I'm referring to the Troll Wars.
I covered that ancient effing history. Why a bunch of short-lived gits whom in a millennia have had so many generations go by no one even has a family tree distinction, would still be furious is beyond me. Ashenvale is an ACTIVE war. Orcs are killing Night Elves in their own homes. This isn't 1000 years later. It's current. It's a terrible comparison and you know it. YOu're just trying to throw stones because you think slamming Night Elves will help your case; it won't.
Zul'jin stood to gain access to long lost Amani lands as an ally of the blood elves in the Horde. Land lost by his people from way before his traceable family tree even existed. I don't think the Blood Elves said a word about joining the Horde with Amani trolls in it, as some of the very same orcs that sacked Quel'thalas in the second war wth the trolls, were now on the same side. So ya, suck it up, it's for the better. But oh, wait, trolls are exclusive and let's ignore the facts that they are xenophobic so that we can make up headcanons about how they aren;t.

They left the Horde after the Second War was lost.

Even the Revantusk didn't officially rejoin the Horde until Cataclysm.
The Amani LEFT Thralls Horde when the blood elves joined, which was in the BC timeline. During the classic timeline the Amani were HORDE.
I'm not saying the Blood Elves weren't jerks at times but the Amani pretty much started the crap that led up to the ZA raid.

When?
When?
when they left the Horde, declared war upon it, and started empowering themselves to invade Quel'thalas, which is Horde territory. DOn't you remember the 2.3 video? "I spit on yar horde"
it's about the Amani's hatred for the HORDE.
when they left the Horde, declared war upon it, and started empowering themselves to invade Quel'thalas, which is Horde territory. DOn't you remember the 2.3 video? "I spit on yar horde"

Zul'jin said "Come on in," not, "We're coming to get our land back."
The High Elves had no stake in the land they squatted on when they squatted on it.

Yeah, and those High Elves are dead, every single one. And you know who else is dead? The trolls that originally lived on the land.

So now you have High Elves that were born unwillingly into Quel'Thalas, and you're saying Zul'jin is just as justified in kicking them out of their homes and stealing things he's never owned as the Night Elves are in defending the homes they've lived in and cared for for thousands of years.

Can you really not see why people are disagreeing with you?
03/21/2013 02:45 AMPosted by Pyronaptor

ya, land lost in the troll wars. land they couldn't get back in the second war. land they would've effectively had access to if they stayed in the horde. But they didn't cause they are elf-hating bigots.
03/21/2013 02:45 AMPosted by Gandred
Yeah, and those High Elves are dead, every single one.

Debatable, considering some of them lived long enough to see the Scourge invasion.
03/21/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Pyronaptor

Debatable, considering some of them lived long enough to see the Scourge invasion.

So should I take your avoidance of the rest of my post as conceding that you're wrong?

By the Light you're being willfully ignorant. Seriously.

Well it is far too late for me to continue, have fun all. We've all certainly done a grand job in derailing a thread about Troll Paladins into an argument over Trolls in general.
03/21/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Pyronaptor

"Some bands of high elven survivors fled south to the Hinterlands and to the forests of Zul'Aman. Those who stay one step ahead of the trolls survive; those who do not are dead (and probably eaten by the cannibalistic trolls). Scourge patrols, hunting the elven refugees, also stalk through the land"take from wowpedia, quoted out of lands of conflict
So should I take your avoidance of the rest of my post as conceding that you're wrong?

It's irrelevant if those Elves are indeed alive.

So now you have High Elves that were born unwillingly into Quel'Thalas, and you're saying Zul'jin is just as justified in kicking them out of their homes and stealing things he's never owned as the Night Elves are in defending the homes they've lived in and cared for for thousands of years.

Not all of those High Elves were born in Quel'Thalas. Zul'jin would be just as justified because the Amani have been living there thousands of years, regardless of their lifespan.

Really, Zul'jin's story was handled terribly in the first place, and the Blood Elves should have never been Horde.

ya, land lost in the troll wars. land they couldn't get back in the second war. land they would've effectively had access to if they stayed in the horde. But they didn't cause they are elf-hating bigots.

You can't blame them. Zul'jin was tortured to near death by the Elves. They all fought and lost in the Troll Wars. The Elves are their ancient enemy.

"Some bands of high elven survivors fled south to the Hinterlands and to the forests of Zul'Aman. Those who stay one step ahead of the trolls survive; those who do not are dead (and probably eaten by the cannibalistic trolls). Scourge patrols, hunting the elven refugees, also stalk through the land"take from wowpedia, quoted out of lands of conflict

I don't see what that has to do with the lifespans of the Elves living in Quel'Thalas.

Bah. If only Kellick were here. He's a lot better with words than I am.
We've all certainly done a grand job in derailing a thread about Troll Paladins into an argument over Trolls in general.
on topic. I think the Zandalari Paladins, Sunwalkers and Sentinels teaming up to defend Stoneplow, the new events with Tyrande seeking out the Vale and so on, gives more credence to Night Elf paladins, existing as a unique entity wielding the power of Elune and even the Ancients just as Trolladins wield Loa power, as well as restoring the lore for Tauren Paladins as followers of An'she and not the Light, than it does opening the door the have Trolls be capable of rolling every class in game, a measure done simply to attract more players (presumably hardcores looking at the unbeatable troll racial for raiding) to bolster the population of one of the least played races in WoW. They did the same thing with dwarves (though their expertise buff is of limited value comparatively).

I don't see what that has to do with the lifespans of the Elves living in Quel'Thalas.
lifespans tend to be cut short when you're killed. Basically those High Elves were killed by the Trolls.
Not all of those High Elves were born in Quel'Thalas. Zul'jin would be just as justified because the Amani have been living there thousands of years, regardless of their lifespan.

Really, Zul'jin's story was handled terribly in the first place, and the Blood Elves should have never been Horde.

So Zul'jin is just as justified in removing all the elves born into QT from QT so that his army that has never owned QT can own QT, as the Night Elves are in defending the homes they've lived in for millenia against an enemy that has never lived in Ashenvale.

Oooookay then.
How about just giving Paladins to them both?

So Zul'jin is just as justified in removing all the elves born into QT from QT so that his army that has never owned QT can own QT, as the Night Elves are in defending the homes they've lived in for millenia against an enemy that has never lived in Ashenvale.

I suppose he's just supposed to sit in the corner and think about what he's done, then.
How about just giving Paladins to them both?
One race having every class available to them is a bit much. I suppose if they add a new class they could make it unavailable to trolls but would you rather have a troll of the brand new class or play one you may or may not have been playing as a non-troll?
One race having every class available to them is a bit much. I suppose if they add a new class they could make it unavailable to trolls but would you rather have a troll of the brand new class or play one you may or may not have been playing as a non-troll?

I don't see why one race having every class is a problem.

If it is, just do the same for an Alliance race. I vote Worgen.
I suppose he's just supposed to sit in the corner and think about what he's done, then.

Answer this question, is this how you feel:

03/21/2013 02:54 AMPosted by Gandred

Because this is what you were saying earlier, and this is what I'm arguing against.
Because this is what you were saying earlier, and this is what I'm arguing against.

I'm arguing that Zul'jin would be justified in waging a war against Quel'thalas (Which he never actually did.)