Hunter Off-Hand Transmog Slot

Hunter
Hunters should have that useless Off-Hand slot be changed into a Transmog slot for use with our melee weapon of choice, within class parameters of course. I think a nice Stave or 2H Axe would look a lot better than the bow I have to wear on my back.

Side note: Why do Hunters still have a Dual Wield talent with no melee abilities?
Side note: Why do Hunters still have a Dual Wield talent with no melee abilities?

Because we used to have melee abilities.
03/20/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Avalae

Because we used to have melee abilities.

I know, I said why do we STILL have Dual Wielding?
I know, I said why do we STILL have Dual Wielding?

RP, Holiday purposes. Because Warriors and Rogues can still equip ranged.
I'd like to focus the thread back to my suggestion, rather than the sub question please. I'd like some opinions.
Lord forbid we answer your question.

OT: Wouldn't mind dual swords.
I would be pretty irritated if they did that after so many of us sold all our melee weapons...I would not want to have to go out and regrind for them.
Lord forbid we answer your question.

OT: Wouldn't mind dual swords.

Oh no no no! I don't mind that you answered my question. That's what it's there for. Just didn't want a chain of answers to the sub-question to start and no one talking about the main topic.
I would be pretty irritated if they did that after so many of us sold all our melee weapons...I would not want to have to go out and regrind for them.

Even if you didn't want to grind your weapons back would you still like the option of being able to Transmog a 2H weapon instead of a bow/gun/xbow?
The issue would require more than this. For example, if I use Mr. Smite's Brass Compass I don't leave his weapons sheathed, they are drawn and arrows come out of my forehead, same goes for Ai-Li's Skymirror. It essentially transmogs my weapons into smites or the weapons of the person i target, matching their transmog. The issue is that with the range slot removed, there is no pocket for a hunter to draw his bow from, before they removed the ranged slot, the draw weapon action would pull melee weapons, sheath them and draw ranged weapon, then sheath that and draw no weapons. Blizz effectively removed the coding for this extra weapon slot. Main and off hand weapons are tied to the same weapon set, and as seen on warriors, two handers are the same way when dual wielded.

Having weapons hanging on my back or in sheaths would be nice, but using the off hand weapon slot would run into coding issues. It would have to be a new xmog slot for hunters only, or a glyph of a form that brought back the ranged slot and made melee weaps cosmetic only nullifying any stat bonus we get from them.
Maybe something like Glyph of Felguard but for hunters.

Glyph of Close Combat

Whenever you face an enemy toe-to-toe, your ranged weapon will be switched for any random melee weapon in your backpack. Only works as an aesthetical effect.
I miss having my trident. I looked amazing as a dwarf with a trident back in Wrath. One of the best looking polearms for the expansion.
imo if they are going to keep the offhand slot on hunters they should at least put something to fill that slow in even if it gives no stat bonus just for looks basically. for guns maybe an ammunition back pack and for hunters on of those arrow quil things. of course they will only be for looks but i mean it's better then seeing a gun/bow cling to your back impossibly to nothing but your shirt

It's called, "Velcro" :)
Imo, they should make cosmetic quivers for the off-hand slot.

Would be an easy a** fix for what so many of us want...
wearing ur weapon on your back is logical idk about but i never see a person with a gun holding a stave/polearm irl especially not on their back and although this is only a game this is pretty logical imo. why use a short ranged weapon when you have a long ranged one? why risk your life when u can safely use a gun from far away and not get spotted yet alone hurt?

then again the bow and guns cling to nothing their are no straps which i do find stupid. but the fact of using polearms and staves just for xmog seems a bit stupid now that they took them away. we only used them for stat bonuses in the end anyways. imo if they are going to keep the offhand slot on hunters they should at least put something to fill that slow in even if it gives no stat bonus just for looks basically. for guns maybe an ammunition back pack and for hunters on of those arrow quil things. of course they will only be for looks but i mean it's better then seeing a gun/bow cling to your back impossibly to nothing but your shirt

If we're going to argue that it doesn't make sense for a Hunter to have a melee weapon on his back then why do Druids need staves when they're Shapeshifted 100% of the time in combat? Why do Mages need swords? Why do Priests need Maces? So what if they don't use them, they look nice, and I think Hunters having a giant Polearm/2H Axe on their back looks way better than the bows/guns/xbows.

Frankly unless you're in high end epics I think the guns/bows/xbows all look really silly and toy-like, but I've seen lots of awesome looking polearms from dungeons and vendors.
I would still like the bow on the back, but have two 1h's on my hips again, my pet is a core hound and it would be neat to have 2 core hound tooth on my hips

OR

have the gun/bow/xbow on your back and a 2H, Show off my Rhok and Lhok or Barb of the Sand Reaver. I still kept all my melee weapons that I liked the look of.
Imo, they should make cosmetic quivers for the off-hand slot.

Would be an easy a** fix for what so many of us want...

^This
Oh look, it's Leo from 8 months ago again.