More PvP Focus Wanted

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 44 Next
You do realize that PVP has been in this game since the first year..right?
It was not the main focus then, and it it is not the main focus now.

To belittle something someone enjoys in this game that keeps subs and therefore pays for your new dungeons and raids is mind boggling.
It is not belittling it, it is just a fact. Now I would not go as far to say PvP is a "mini-game" as other's have but more along the lines of a sub-game.

I can name a dozen PVP players that make a living from their videos and livestreams. How many PVE players can you name that do the same?
Because PvP is an ESport does not mean it is the focus.

In fact PVP has been around longer than Heroics, Raiding and daily quests by far.
Unless you are counting WPvP (that would have happened on launch day) Raiding has been around before BGs and Arena.
to not follow objectives, like the pvp achievement for one of the world events

true, hmmm

But leave those for random BGs if you queue alone.

I usually use oqueue to do my PvP grinding for gear.

OR OR OR...
I suggest making player corpses lootable in Dailies areas and has a chance to drop epics .

Make it to where you HAD to be in a group to do these

I don't see why it would be a setback, if it was a PVP server..well it is a PVP server. And since dailies are USUALLY max level, I would think there wouldn't be any ganking on these quests. And if it is a PVE server, then the players have the option to do them or not, and flag or not.

I remember in Hellfire peninsula on a PvE server that people would flag themselves to do the Hellfire +5% damage buff.

Don't say that PvE servers don't do PvP.
Because PvP is an ESport does not mean it is the focus.

Arena stopped being a serious ESport a long time ago.
WoW's Educational Overview:

Majored in PvE. Concentration in RPG.
Minor in PvP.

PvE gets most time, resources, story, characters, play styles, attention.
PvP requires only balance. Cannot give it due to evolving content.

For true balance to be obtainable, separation between two is needed. Abilities work differently or taken away while toon's in PvP. PvE power is preserved. PvP can be tuned separately until balance is achieved.
It is interesting to note that no PvP aspects were in place until 1.4, and BGs not added until 1.5.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patches/1.x

that is because you farmed your fellow players in the real world !

Weren't there pvp dailies in Grizzly Hills? I seem to remember that as I leveled through there.

Yes, there were, which were relevant when Wrath was relevant, which made them level relevant, and I don't think I would consider that ganking. And if you want to get that technical, I said usually, I even bolded it. There are exceptions, lower level dailies, but the majority are max level.

But if you mean leveling now, irrelevant content.

No, no, I meant they did it once so maybe if that was something that pvp'ers enjoyed at the time, when they were relevent, its something you could use as illustration of what you'd like to see happen now. Since the idea was suggested, maybe if those dailies were popular at the time you can cite them as examples for why it would be worth the time to current versions.

I honestly have little idea of what pvp'ers want to see in the game. I support them fixing bugs and cheats for everyone, pve and pvp alike, in a timely manner if that's an issue (I honestly don't know). At least better communication about what they can fix, what takes time to figure out how to fix, etc.
03/21/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Crotis
to not follow objectives, like the pvp achievement for one of the world events

true, hmmm

But leave those for random BGs if you queue alone.

I usually use oqueue to do my PvP grinding for gear.

OR OR OR...
I suggest making player corpses lootable in Dailies areas and has a chance to drop epics .

I don't see why it would be a setback, if it was a PVP server..well it is a PVP server. And since dailies are USUALLY max level, I would think there wouldn't be any ganking on these quests. And if it is a PVE server, then the players have the option to do them or not, and flag or not.

I remember in Hellfire peninsula on a PvE server that people would flag themselves to do the Hellfire +5% damage buff.

Don't say that PvE servers don't do PvP.

I didn't. What I said was ganking wouldn't be an issue. If you flag yourself and do the PVP dailies, that is your choice, and it is kind of hard to complain about ganking.

Rereading what you said...seriously? Where in my post did I say PVE servers don't do PVP dailies?
PVE players dont go wiping out quest hubs.

So you're saying that PVE'rs never once did this? or be jerks? or spam duels?
Cause I know you're wrong lol
Quoting myself because I edited:

EDIT: @ Rayvne, I agree with you personally but I could see blizz being held up on something like encouraging 90s to turn Stranglethron Vale into an unquestable warzone all day, as awesome as that would be ;D

And this:

OR OR OR...

Would be pretty sweet. I've always wanted to be able to loot players. Maybe Conquest points/ Honor points pas tcap, with a very small chance of an epic. like each player killed would drop a satchel type thing that would be gold and CP and maybe some gear or a mount. That would be sick :D
LOL..opinion noted. But since you added nothing to back it up ..also irrelevant. It's ok that you guys aren't good at PVP just own up and admit it ...its the first step to getting help...lol.

Uh huh...

Attacking an npc flags you for pvp.
Lets see WOW has 2 opposing Factions that hate each other and are at war and players want to kill the other players from the opposing faction.

Yea totally a pve game.

Are you referring to Alliance and Horde, or PvP'ers vs. PvE'ers? It kinda applies in either case.

I am referring to Alliance and Horde of course. It just seems to me if this is such a PVE oriented game as every one says why do we have 2 opposing factions that you can play that are at war with each other.

Attacking an npc flags you for pvp.

So there's never any griefing going on in LFR then? Cause PvE'ers don't do that sort of thing? There are jerks in all facets of the game and good people in all facets of the game. Its not valid to say "players who enjoy this are bad people".
There are too many varying discussions going on in this thread so I'm going to toss some out the window:

All PvPers are just griefers discussion- Toss it out. This is the same as saying everyone that goes into Dungeon Finder or Raid Finder is a jerk. It's an overstatement that has nothing to do with the discussion. As someone that enjoys PvP myself, I can attest I personally do not "grief". Individuals can be "jerks" it's true, but don't put everyone in one basket because you had a poor experience with one of them.

You don't like PvP because you're bad- For some, this may be true. They don't feel good about engaging in PvP because they don't feel competent. But, again, that's not part of this discussion and frankly, it's better that more people want to engage in PvP (for PvPers) than don't. Without others wanting to engage in it, you have no one to compete against.

You suck... No you- Please stop adding personal insults into the thread. If you're not here to share insight on what you think could/would enhance PvP and its enjoyment (no, removing it from the game is not a relevant suggestion), then please refrain from participating.

Blizzard doesn't care- Let's scratch this one off too. It's not part of the discussion. If we didn't care, we wouldn't do any work on the system at all. There would be no new seasons and there wouldn't be an option for PvP quests as a part of the new Isle of Thunder. We care, but we still have to manage resources.

Share what you like, what you enjoy, what you think could be better. That's what this thread is about and thanks ahead of time for taking the time to respond.
Also a suggestion for PvPing is by making solo queues impossible for battlegrounds.

Bots don't group queue.