Defending the Monk class....

Arenas
Solution to Ring of Peace, add a very high mana cost/longer cooldown to it (i.e. equivalent to mass dispel). Just like life cocoon needs a high mana cost or at least make the person inside it pacified.

Those little tweaks would at least make monks a bit less op and more based on good resource management instead of spamming it like no tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgdqN2u7yZY

YEAH... It's a swifty video IDC, But it puts wind walker monks second to last next to BLOOD DK'S, In burst. While a fire mage CAN burst in under 3 seconds, In the right situations. So please... JUST STAHP ABOUT MONKS....

You sir are quite stupid. How many brews does a monk have up as soon as he engages combat? Try not to flood forums with your useless BS.
If they nerf ROP, they better nerf Solar Beam/Vortex.
The problem is that a lot of times you're not really going for a kill attempt much more than once every minute.

RoP being on a 45s CD means it can negate most of the kill chances you get in a game.
03/21/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Badsurgeon
So I shouldn't have come off saying that my opinion wasn't biased and I apologize sincerely.

It's fine, I apologize for insulting your intelligence and just not understanding that you were in the heat of the moment.

Also, I never asked for buffs.. If you read the post, it was mostly in the defense of ring of peace.

The implied meaning of

03/21/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Badsurgeon
say but biased claims on thing's like ring of peace and how "Monks are fine"

Means that biased people are gonna do two things. Make biased claims on ring of peace, and make biased claims on how "Monks are fine", the implied meaning of the second sentence is that you believe Monks AREN'T fine and need buffs. You never asked for buffs, but you claimed the spec is weak, which essentially is the same.

Also you really didn't present any facts on why RoP is balanced.

Relating to the video

The video was incredibly stupid. Some classes got ramp up pre-fight, and some didn't. It wasn't consistent. A Monk requires a ramp up of 1-1.5 minute to do its full burst with Tiger Brew, of course it's going to be back there with the blood dk.
Monks are not strong in arena. MW seems fine in RBG in and 5's.

That being said, you won't see a cool down increase on RoP unless you make it baseline. It was tested on the PTR at 2min and 1 min but was not worth taking as a tier 60 talent. If it were baseline and monks could still take leg sweep, I could see the cooldown on this ability being 2-3min.

Monks have a lot of problem in pvp especially for WW. Windwalker is incapable of bursting at the start of arena due to tiger brew stacks. It is the only class that cannot put out its max pressure when the gates open. Without Ring of Peace , monks lose a lot of viability. I think everyone in here will admit that this skill i keeping monks afloat. Whether you like the ability or not the class that uses this ability is not OP. If you don't like the ability, fine. I don't like a lot of other classes' abilities as well. There are a lot of things you should complain about before RoP.
There isn't a single ww monk over 2200 rating in the US.

/end thread
Means that biased people are gonna do two things. Make biased claims on ring of peace, and make biased claims on how "Monks are fine", the implied meaning of the second sentence is that you believe Monks AREN'T fine and need buffs. You never asked for buffs, but you claimed the spec is weak, which essentially is the same.Also you really didn't present any facts on why RoP is balanced.

Haha, I couldn't really say that everything I said that morning was really at 100% brainpower.. I was up all night for like 34 hours. That being said, I can't really say I was implying that monks ever needed buffs, The only real thing that I'll say, in my opinion, that really needs to be worked on, is the WW spec's damage.

However, I can't say that one meant the other and that I implied the class itself ever needed buffs.

The video was incredibly stupid. Some classes got ramp up pre-fight, and some didn't. It wasn't consistent. A Monk requires a ramp up of 1-1.5 minute to do its full burst with Tiger Brew, of course it's going to be back there with the blood dk.

As for the video, I said it could not be an accurate assumption of what the arena situation will ever look like, And I am not even sure if the monk in the video had stacks of brew up. Regardless, I will say that damage is possible (Possible, But not always going to happen) in an Arena and RBG scenario, the fact that you just blow it off and say that sort of damage would be impossible to reenact and is "stupid" shows somewhat of your reluctance to really say that monks are really in need of anything at all if not a nerf to RoP.

I thank you for the respect you gave in the end of our arguement
You sir are quite stupid. How many brews does a monk have up as soon as he engages combat? Try not to flood forums with your useless BS.

Yes I'm quite stupid aren't I, Of course monks are doing way more damage than Reqy is doing at 10 stacks..

Please do some of your own research man, at least maybe level a monk to 90 and test the damage of the WW spec

I'm not going to bash you or call you an idiot for your post, But what I was implying with the video was that monk burst is considerably low compared to other classes, when your enemy does nothing but stand and take damage. So obviously not in an arena or RBG situation. But wouldn't that also imply that it would be harder for a monk and every other class shown in the video to burst in an arena situation? I think so...