Frost DK gear audits

Death Knight
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
@Doomgard Oh goody! Someone who plays 2h. I'm much better with that than dw. I commend you for picking the stronger spec of the two

You're under hit capped and over expertise capped. Did you forget you're an orc? At you're ilvl playing 2H you'll want as much haste as possible. It's less effective to gem str until you get to the 80-85% mark.

Starting with your enchants. Drop your cloaks hit and take up Greater Critical Strike
Replace your mastery enchant on your feet with a haste enchant.

After dropping your hit enchant reforge:
Neck: Mastery>hit
Shoulders: Hit>Crit
Cloak: Mastery>Haste
Bracers: Mastery > Haste
Hands: Exp > Haste
Belt: Mastery > Crit
Feet: Hit > Crit
Ring 1: Drop the reforging and restore it
Ring 2: Exp > Crit
Trinket: Exp > Haste
Wep: Mastery > Haste

I guarantee you'll see a smoother playstyle and an overall increase in your dps.

Swap out all your purple gems for hit/ haste gems

You can swap out your gems on your bracers and hands and go with 320 haste gems. (It's much more useful than pure str)

On your belt, Change out the orange gem for str/haste if you're intent on keeping the bonus or just ignore the socket and gem pure haste twice.

You should definitely drop the socket bonus on your legs and gem it pure haste. Same goes for your wep.

If you're serious about playing 2H frost (Which you definitely should!) make these changes and go hit a dummy. You'll like what you see
Aeirah i think you miissed the point

Obliterate off hand and Frost Strike off hand are 60% weaker

since your off hand dmg is 60% weaker

because of that having a 660 STr bonus in your OFF HAND buffs your main hand and off hand dps more then 9-10 ilvl of weapon dmg does in your OFF HAND.

heres an example (because i have that 497 axe 1hnd anyways)

504 Scimitar in the main hand slot for both examples

MH - scimiatr

OH - 2/2 Elegion fanged crescent

pretty simple to calculate attack dmg from that right?

ok now lets put fully gemmed LFR 1/2 Kilrak in the off hand slot

MH- scimitar

18,506 (276 dmg higher due to Kil'rak str bonus in off hand)

OH - Kil'rak

now that leaves an Elegion with 89 total weapon dmg more then the Kilrak set up.

but now add in Blessing of Kings Kil'rak now does 19 more weapon dmg

add in FoTC procs (or a static benefit) Kilrak off hand now does 120 more weapon dmg.

this is all without conisdering what 660 str does for Howling blast + Disease dmg + Soul reaper

all these things 89 weapon dmg does not outweigh.
@Doomgard Oh goody! Someone who plays 2h. I'm much better with that than dw. I commend you for picking the stronger spec of the two

You're under hit capped and over expertise capped. Did you forget you're an orc? At you're ilvl playing 2H you'll want as much haste as possible. It's less effective to gem str until you get to the 80-85% mark.

Starting with your enchants. Drop your cloaks hit and take up Greater Critical Strike
Replace your mastery enchant on your feet with a haste enchant.

After dropping your hit enchant reforge:
Neck: Mastery>hit
Shoulders: Hit>Crit
Cloak: Mastery>Haste
Bracers: Mastery > Haste
Hands: Exp > Haste
Belt: Mastery > Crit
Feet: Hit > Crit
Ring 1: Drop the reforging and restore it
Ring 2: Exp > Crit
Trinket: Exp > Haste
Wep: Mastery > Haste

I guarantee you'll see a smoother playstyle and an overall increase in your dps.

Swap out all your purple gems for hit/ haste gems

You can swap out your gems on your bracers and hands and go with 320 haste gems. (It's much more useful than pure str)

On your belt, Change out the orange gem for str/haste if you're intent on keeping the bonus or just ignore the socket and gem pure haste twice.

You should definitely drop the socket bonus on your legs and gem it pure haste. Same goes for your wep.

If you're serious about playing 2H frost (Which you definitely should!) make these changes and go hit a dummy. You'll like what you see

im DW just logged off with Shinka sorry for the confusion lol
Awww. *sadface*
Aeirah i think you miissed the point

Obliterate off hand and Frost Strike off hand are 60% weaker

since your off hand dmg is 60% weaker

because of that having a 660 STr bonus in your OFF HAND buffs your main hand and off hand dps more then 9-10 ilvl of weapon dmg does in your OFF HAND.

heres an example (because i have that 497 axe 1hnd anyways)

504 Scimitar in the main hand slot for both examples

MH - scimiatr

OH - 2/2 Elegion fanged crescent

pretty simple to calculate attack dmg from that right?

ok now lets put fully gemmed LFR 1/2 Kilrak in the off hand slot

MH- scimitar

18,506 (276 dmg higher due to Kil'rak str bonus in off hand)

OH - Kil'rak

now that leaves an Elegion with 89 total weapon dmg more then the Kilrak set up.

but now add in Blessing of Kings Kil'rak now does 19 more weapon dmg

add in FoTC procs (or a static benefit) Kilrak off hand now does 120 more weapon dmg.

this is all without conisdering what 660 str does for Howling blast + Disease dmg + Soul reaper

all these things 89 weapon dmg does not outweigh.

nah i didnt miss the point. 483 sha touched weapon atm is about the same dps as my 497 mainly because i'm an orc that gets expertise from axes. I have done the maths.

Weapon OH Dps is equal to about 1 WOH = 0.75 str. And expertise before cap is worth ~0.6 i get 340 expertise from being an orc with axes plus the fact they have different stats.

So the difference in WOH dps is 400 which = 300 str, the difference in str base is 69. The difference in expertise is 646 = 388 str. The difference in hit is 54 points = 27 str. and the difference in mastery is 302 = -130 str + gems -660str.

So overall its 784 str - 790 str. Therefore in terms of str it's only an upgrade of about 6 str lols.

also i don't know why you used a 1/2 kilrak. YOU CANT UPGRADE ITEMS ANYMORE AND STOP ASSUMING I HAVE ONE ALREADY UPGRADED.

tl:dr i never found a kil'rak and it would only be an upgrade if i wasnt an orc (lfr version).
Id like some advice. Started not to long ago but I think I'm doing ok for myself.
Tequsylder;

Gemming looks okay.
Max out two crafting professisons.
Grab Unholy Blight instead of Plague Leech.
Enchant the rest of your gear of course.
Here's how you should be reforging: http://wowreforge.com/US/Azuremyst/Tequslyder
Thanks.

Just one thing, Why is Unholy Blight better than Plage Leech? Apply diseases at no cost sure is nice but at every 1:30 is what turned me off. I liked the death rune from diseases that were wearing.
Just one thing, Why is Unholy Blight better than Plage Leech? Apply diseases at no cost sure is nice but at every 1:30 is what turned me off. I liked the death rune from diseases that were wearing.

It's really good for Plague Leech, however you wanna be spending less time applying your diseases (runes that could be used on Obliterate) and more time using the runes you saved via UB to Obliterate.

Edit: Really good for Plague Leech? Meant DW.
Fair* enough, I shall give it a shot.
Curious to see how im going, im almost sure there would be something minuscule that im doing wrong but i cant see it. Thankyou in advance :D
Hey I was wondering if you would be willing to help me out? Please and thank you =]

Thanks there kiddo, that's how my method of optimizing my character - but I do believe I was asking pwnjuice for advice! :P I don't appreciate dicky comments like that mate :D thanks though!

I will definately take Pwnjuice's advice though thankyou PwnJuice- and reforge into pure str.

Yeah, let me know how that "reforge to strength" goes... because yanno, you can only gem or enchant to it and reforge to secondary stats.

Perhaps I should have chosen my words a little more carefully. I MEANT re-gem as Pwnjuice advised - also who's advice I trust definately above yours. You probably knew what I meant, but you had to go out of your way to be a d*ckhead - I obviously know you cannot reforge into str :P Oh how I wish there was an ignore feature on the forums for people like you.
@ Tequslyder:

You have some serious problems with your hit rating. It's way over and your expertise is under. That's going to have to change but let's look at your gems first.

Haste is by far your best stat, even surpassing str at your Ilvl..

Let's start with your gems.

You need to swap out both gems for 320 haste gems as they're more beneficial than the socket bonuses and you're trying to drop hit anyway. Same goes for shoulders. the 60 crit isn't worth the socket bonus so just gem straight haste for those. Apart from those you're golden.

Get a bracers and shoulder enchant, and swap out the mastery + movement speed for straight haste.

You're going to need some extensive reforging as well

Cape: Hit > Exp
Belt: Hit > Exp
Ring1: Crit > Exp
Ring2:Hit > Exp

Hopefully this helps :)

@Deàdtúmee
This is a pretty good armory. you have all of your chants and gems pretty good. However I feel as though you could be a bit more exact with your reforging

Shoulders: Hit>Mastery
Bracers: Hit > Haste
Hands: Crit > Mastery
Ring2: Haste > Mastery

It might not be a huge change but hopefully it'll help a bit :)

@Charôn
You have most of it pretty solid but there's a few changes you should make

First off change the enchant on your boots to straight haste. 9% increased movement won't save your life enough to give up the haste. Just put straight haste onto them.
----------------------------------------------------------
You're missing one of your JC gems, replace the 160 str on your belt with a 320 one
Replace the other two gems in your belt with haste gems

Also take out the JC gem from your chest. 120 str is a huge socket bonus and it's better spent on another piece. Put a haste gem in it's place.
Move that 320 str gem you just freed up to your legs replacing the 160 str gem.

Go through the rest of your purple gems and replace all of the str/hit gems with haste/hit gems. (The exception is your belt gem which was simply replaced by pure haste)

Replace the str gem in your shoulders with a haste gem
Same thing with your feet.
------------------------------------------------------
You should probably make the following reforges:
Helm: Crit > Hit
Shoulders: Hit > Exp
Cape: Hit > Crit
Feet: Mastery > Haste
Ring 2: Hit > Haste
Weapon: Master > Haste

I hope that these changes will help your performance. It's key to remember that during this tier and halfway into the next one, haste is by far your best stat.
@Pwnjuice i went to reforge Ring 2 and noticed with the other reforges you mentioned without the reforge on the ring, i was at perfect expertise rating. Also thankyou for your help, im sure these changes will definatley help me out :D
LFR Shin'ka vs normal mode T14 non-Sha touched weps?

Also I am still in the process of gearing up so mum on the PvP cloak and trinket. :B
@Deàdtúme Good I'm glad!

@Jakou Do you mean the wep from MSV? Starshatter?

If you mean a LFR Shin'ka VS a 489 Starshatter than the starshatter will still be about a 3k dps upgrade, even with the legendary on the lfr wep.

Weapon damage/dps is the king stat for death knights and it's the one that makes the biggest difference.

I'll help you with gems and reforges as soon as you get rid of those PvP pieces because everything would change when you replace them
I meant anything really, like the 1h from HoF. I'm not limited to 2H. Sha is not kind to me. That being said, that is helpful in looking for a priority. I'm too used to playing casters where secondaries and SP (or attack power in this case) are the ones that make a difference. Thanks!
LFR Shinka
Reg Starshatter
Reg Shinka
LFR Ubroe, Harbringer of terror (Lei Shen ToT)
LFR Zerat, Malakk's Soulburning Greatsword (Council ToT)

As far as DW goes you'd have to have two weapons that have a higher combined dps to make it worth it. 2H is the stronger spec at the moment but to each his own
LFR Shinka
Reg Starshatter
Reg Shinka
LFR Ubroe, Harbringer of terror (Lei Shen ToT)
LFR Zerat, Malakk's Soulburning Greatsword (Council ToT)

As far as DW goes you'd have to have two weapons that have a higher combined dps to make it worth it. 2H is the stronger spec at the moment but to each his own

only on patchwerk fights is 2h stronger.

DW has versatility in that it focuses its single target rotation around AoE so it is very good in cleave fights and also a ranged attack. So you can still chuck out some dmg on things far away without sacrificing dps.

And then again thats only by 2%.