Why pick a Warrior over a DK?

Arenas
Post Limit:
1 2 3 5 Next
Seriously.. why?

I run arenas with a warrior friend, he's a very good warrior, but every time we face a DK in 2s or 3s - I think to myself.. what's advantages do warriors have over DKs?

DKs always out burst Warriors unless you save a full bar of rage, burst is very important in arena. A good DK will always beat a good Warrior 1v1, so if you're running Warrior/healer you're going to be at an instant disadvantage vs DK/healer. DKs have slightly more CC IMO - the slows, and instant spammable long rage root ability, the pets. They don't even have as much survivability as DKs. WTF?

I don't understand how anyone can say warriors are OP, take a look at your battlegroup arena rankings. you'll see only a few warriors in top50 2v2 and 3v3.

I don't even own a L90 Warrior.. i'm just noticing how weak they are in arenas from playing with them and vs them. It makes no sense for this class to be where it's at right now, warriors have a really high skill cap IMO, they deserve better.

I remember reading in another post that warriors are 2nd last in arenas (compared to other classes) right now, next to monks.
Warriors have less survivability than dks? Wha?
Warriors have less survivability than dks? Wha?

Yes, have a good DK duel a good Warrior, DK will not only win - but have alot of health to spare. Plus the Warrior will have to switch to 1h/shield to survive, losing half it's dmg.

People tend to target Warriors over DKs in arenas for good reason..
03/22/2013 05:40 AMPosted by Natureswrath
DKs always out burst Warriors unless you save a full bar of rage, burst is very important in arena.

Wrong.

A good DK will always beat a good Warrior 1v1

Wrong.

so if you're running Warrior/healer you're going to be at an instant disadvantage vs DK/healer

Wrong. Warrior/druid vs dk/hpally.

the slows, and instant spammable long rage root ability, the pets

Oh, so we're talking about UH DK's. Please refer back to #1 and mark it as even more wrong.

They don't even have as much survivability as DKs. WTF?

Wrong. Also stupid. Also wrong.

I don't even own a L90 Warrior

warriors have a really high skill gap IMO
^
Atleast explain your thoughts as to why you think i'm wrong. If you really think warriors don't have a high skill cap, you must be new..

Also I have been running Warr/druid and have for awhile, DK/pally is tough, DK's have much better burst than warriors. When it comes to dps/healer in 2s, your dps has to have good burst or it won't work.

I find it funny how make no explanations on why you think i'm wrong, you just write "Wrong, resto/warrior vs dk/pally". and if you're going to compare DKs with Warriors in 2s atleast mention dk/resto vs warrior/resto, insted of adding a pally in the mix.
Wait....Warriors have a high skill cap...? PSHAHAHAAHAHAHA wow.
Wait....Warriors have a high skill cap...? PSHAHAHAAHAHAHA wow.

Coming from a DK, I can't take that statement seriously. The fact alone that many Warriors use ALOT of macros (much more than most classes) in PvP shows that there's alot of actions to be done in short moments. Being a warrior in PvP means taking control in fights, jumping from one enemy to the next while protecting your teammates, it's not easy and you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
Warriors don't have a high skill cap.

Especially if we're talking Unholy. Warrior takes about half the skill Unholy does. Vs Frost you have an argument.
Warriors don't have a high skill cap.

Especially if we're talking Unholy. Warrior takes about half the skill Unholy does. Vs Frost you have an argument.

My thread isn't about warriors having a high skill cap or not, it's about warriors lacking ability in arenas - even if you're a very skilled warrior you'll be working 5x more that most of your enemies, only to have worse results and little success.

Also, I laugh again at the thought of DKs needing much skill, but that's just like... my opinion man, so don't fill my thread with rage.
If you really think warriors don't have a high skill cap, you must be new..

You absolutely can not be the judge of how high a skill cap any class has when you haven't played it. Don't even argue this.

Also I run Warr/druid and have for awhile

You have 300 arena games played. You haven't ran anything for "a while". On the timeline of WoW arena, you're at the toddler stage. Don't expect any of us to take you seriously when you've literally just begun to arena yet you're making claims like you have played thousands.

DK's have much better burst than warriors

Unholy dk's do NOT have anywhere near the burst of warriors. Please refer to this (albeit swifty) burst video on the huge disparity between warrior burst and dk burst. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgdqN2u7yZY

Wtf are you talking about. You have 30 3's matches, how the hell do you think you know this?

DK/pally is tough

The dk training you as a druid should be pretty much impossible if you know how to do anything. Thus, game over.
If you really think warriors don't have a high skill cap, you must be new..

You absolutely can not be the judge of how high a skill cap any class has when you haven't played it. Don't even argue this.

Not the thread to discuss this. move along.

Also I run Warr/druid and have for awhile

You have 300 arena games played. You haven't ran anything for "a while". On the timeline of WoW arena, you're at the toddler stage. Don't expect any of us to take you seriously when you've literally just begun to arena yet you're making claims like you have played thousands.

Season 13 isn't the only arena season you know? I've made 2k+ many times. move along now.

DK's have much better burst than warriors

Unholy dk's do NOT have anywhere near the burst of warriors. Please refer to this (albeit swifty) burst video on the huge disparity between warrior burst and dk burst. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgdqN2u7yZY

Linking me a random video isn't going to prove anything. I could link you videos making any class look overpowered.

Wtf are you talking about. You have 30 3's matches, how the hell do you think you know this?

New season brah, new arena team.. this isn't the only arena season, man you're dumb.

DK/pally is tough

The dk training you as a druid should be pretty much impossible if you know how to do anything. Thus, game over.

1v1 proves nothing, if you actually believe it does... nothing you post is worth reading.
BTW Prophette, we're discussing PvP here. You're running priest/hunter and can't even mange to keep a positive win ratio. Priest and Hunters are some of the most popular classes in top arena rankings right now, priests being #1. If you we're any good at PvP at all.. you'd have a good rating running that combo. Your opinion clearly has no weight to it.
I can't tell if you're trolling at this point or you really are this stupid.

1) You have never and will never be 2k+. Since you seem to be a new player, I'll go ahead and clue you in on something. There's this thing called "statistics" linked to your achievements. So not only is your highest achievement 1550 in 2's, but I can see the exact number of games played on your resto druid, the specific number of 2's and 3's matches, and the absolute highest rating you've achieved. If you'd like to double check me go ahead and click the achievements tab on my armory and right next to it you'll see a tab for "statistics".

2) So even though you just blatantly lied to try and gain reputation, I'll respond to the rest. First I tell you dk's do not have more burst than warriors but you don't like that. Then I show you dk's don't have more burst than warriors, but you don't like that. So what is it you would like me to do to prove to you warriors have more/easier to set up burst than UH dk's do?

3) Where anywhere was I talking about a 1v1? Are you illiterate? I said if you as a resto druid know what you're doing (which you obviously don't) he'll be unable to train you as a kill target; and that is exactly what UH dk's need to do in 2's to be able to win. So since he can't train you, he has to train the warrior, which opens up every door in the world for you 2 to win. You either have the option of controlling the dk, literally all game, by yourself (clone clone clone roots roots roots bash typhoon etc.) while your warrior sits the holy pally OR you can force pally trinket with symbi fear while you're using heart of the wild and warrior holds CD's, leaving only bubble for the pally. Since pallys can't bubble out of clones - your warrior sets up burst with your NS clone off a bash and the game is over.
03/22/2013 06:21 AMPosted by Natureswrath
I've made 2k+ many times

I hate to be this guy, but not in arena. Don't make claims you haven't actually accomplished.
BTW Prophette, we're discussing PvP here. You're running priest/hunter and can't even mange to keep a positive win ratio. Priest and Hunters are some of the most popular classes in top arena rankings right now, priests being #1. If you we're any good at PvP at all.. you'd have a good rating running that combo. Your opinion clearly has no weight to it.

This time try opening the arena team. You'll see we went 9-1 together and he went 2-9 with another partner.

This is despite the fact this is a hunter I capped from my guild, with no skype. And just take a look at his gear. Is there anything else you'd like to make yourself look a fool about?
03/22/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Conslol
I've made 2k+ many times

I hate to be this guy, but not in arena. Don't make claims you haven't actually accomplished.

I have early in the seasons, achievements don't record everything -_-

upon rejoining WoW during panda xpac and playing my druid in BGs (whom I played for 100+days) I got an achievement for winning a single battle ground, or capturing a single flag. You're judging base on ACHIEVEMENTS? really?
you're not amusing me at this point.

I don't care what rating you've achieved, I care about you lying about it.
Prophette, i'm skimming through your posts and realising they have little to do with the topic of my thread and more to do with your insecure ego problems. I have read enough of your idiotic posts, it was clear to me from the start that you have little PvP experience. This is a thread about PvP, move along now...
Not going to respond to a single thing out of those two posts huh?

Guess you finally realized you're wrong.