Warlocks need some love

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
03/22/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Clethro
Warlocks in general are ALWAYS a least played class so representation is expected to be low.

whoa, warlocks i believe in past season always had very high representation in every single season except when mop came out. If anything our class as a whole (not arena) representation has increased due to the revamp.

My 4 y/o believes in Santa Claus, doesn't make it real. For example:

10000 people playing Rduid in arena competitively(not gonna define this at the moment) with
7500 of those Rdruid have a rating of 2400 or higher
7000 people playing HPally in arena cometitively with
5000 of those GPally havinga rating of 2400 or higher

Now the avg joe smoe goes to the arena laddder and says "WTF Rdruids are WAY OP I NOES THIS CUZ 7500 dudus 2400 and up while my HPAL class only has 5000. NURF DUDUs"

Now the majority of people will in fact see this and tend to agree because the 10000 and 7000 values are hidden or not readily available but the actual truth is that more people playing rdruids make it more or a tendancy to have more of a representation therefore skewing the results when not fully viewed.

While the real truth in this totally fictitious (aka fake) example shows:
Out of every 10 rdruids 7.5 have a rating of 2400 or above 75%
Out of every 7 HPal 5 have a rating of 2400 or above 71%

They were actually closer than what you expected. huh
For someone who is not trying to be mean you sure act as if you got your panties in a wad

Not really.

If you're going to throw out this comment:

The spec has evolved, evolve with it or continue to fail. The choice is yours.

Then prepare for the mirror to be reflected on yourself. You actually have to have success at something to make that sort of statement. You haven't.
My 4 y/o believes in Santa Claus, doesn't make it real.

Except warlocks actually were very highly represented in the previous 3 expansions.
My 4 y/o believes in Santa Claus, doesn't make it real.

i wasnt to sure about s5 and below since i didnt play, but when i was playing since s6-s11, warlocks always had a high representation.
03/22/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Whitehat
For someone who is not trying to be mean you sure act as if you got your panties in a wad

Not really.

If you're going to throw out this comment:

Then prepare for the mirror to be reflected on yourself. You actually have to have success at something to make that sort of statement.

Success is in of its self dependent on many variables, especially in this game. When you play, what do you play? Do you have friends irl that play? How much do you play a day? How many days a week do you play? How many different toons do you play? and so on and so forth. Success is also dependent upon the individuals goal in said situation. Are you trying to be a R1 player or are you a casual that just likes to get on and BG and maybe do some RBGs if the situation arises.

IMO I have tremendous success with the class and definitely with the spec. I OQueue pugged my affliction lock with total strangers to 1800+ for majority of the season last season. I ill get there again though it may take some time as it goes with pugs. I do not arena, however you do though I will not point a finger cuz it aint my style.
03/22/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Maddalynn
I OQueue pugged my affliction lock with total strangers to 1800+ for majority of the season last season.

No you didn't. This is the arena forum. The discussion is obviously about being successful in arenas.

Are you just posting for the sheer sake of posting?

"I'm successful but you can't measure my success"

"Warlocks are well represented but the actual measurements that say otherwise don't mean that they're not well represented"

"If I keep talking then I win the thread"
I OQueue pugged my affliction lock with total strangers to 1800+ for majority of the season last season.

No you didn't.

you are correct it was 1700 I didnt get 1800 til later, I stand corrected.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Maddalynn/achievement#95:15092:a5336

ah nice edit to cover your backside....now you are just fishing for some reason to save face.
The fact is locks especially Affliction has been moved AWAY from multidotting and slowly killing them softly while giggling in LoS. The new design of affliction is to be single target through dots, haunt, while CHANNELING MG and DS while maintaining very minimal spread dots outside of DS.

Thats not evolving thats complete Stabotage of a class spec cause Dots Damage is BS in pvp

I dont recall The Lock Community asking for a redesign of AFF to the extent it is now. With how bad self healing and passive healing is, since when should our filler become our main attack that has to be always chann to keep our dots strong , and not our DOts being the thing that hurts you more .

No you didn't. This is the arena forum. The discussion is obviously about being successful in arenas.

Are you just posting for the sheer sake of posting?

"I'm successful but you can't measure my success"

"Warlocks are well represented but the actual measurements that say otherwise don't mean that they're not well represented"

"If I keep talking then I win the thread"

Boy somebody went from panties in a wad to complete and utter butthurt. I will admit though you do have more moxy than all the other locks on the forums. They usually would have quit struggling by now after I suffocated the life out of their argument. Not you though you keep a squirming. I like it.

Since you are adamante about posting credential post yours...awe that's right you haven't done anything since 2009 and you only broke 2k last in 2010. Si I again stress PEBKAC apparently.

@Traze. Not to be harsh but nobody ever asks the community what they want and rarely does the community ever get what they want. Hell take ele shamans for instance. They have been UTERLY BEGGING for survivability for ages now and they still only get bandaids fixes. Hell Ele actually lost survivabilty with cata and they are still griping. My point is no one asks for evolution. The game has to move and progress to have a future and with that progression comes class and spec changes whether we want it or not.
Look at Arms warriors: mobility, no mobility, back to having no mobility, to given WAY to much mobility, back to a decent spot. Their damage also: rend for OP, no rend for OP, OP gives charges for HS now it doesn't. Stance dancing, I really can go on and on......
Warriors trash Warlocks?

I've heard that second wind can actually tank a full row of dots + malefic grasp. How does that not equal Warriors trashing warlocks? If a warrior just stands there doing nothing, the lock still can't kill him lol.
Warriors trash Warlocks?
Mages and Rogues are stupid, it's to be expected.
Hunters are understandable.

IDGAF about Frost DKs. Unholy is fine right now.

why are you thinkin 1 v1. and besides i think you got the classes the other way around. aff locks countered mages/hunters i believe before. and destro locks still can beat hunters now

and no destro locks are not good in arena. i think you guys are thinkin rated bgs
03/22/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Lokthen
Warriors trash Warlocks?

I've heard that second wind can actually tank a full row of dots + malefic grasp. How does that not equal Warriors trashing warlocks? If a warrior just stands there doing nothing, the lock still can't kill him lol.

Only when they pop other CDs in conjunction with second wind. I usually just keep dots rolling MG when I can, Fel Flame when I can't. the key is creating an opening to have full dots, haunt and channeling DS. Once you are able to do that it is GG. Though I have killed warriors with dots and felflaming them to death. Dots take care of the second wind felflame widdles them away.
im guessing this is revenge for cata where locks had lock/shaman/anything as a comp
Affliction needs to be the arena spec, plain and simple. Nobody likes Demonology. Its like a retarded demonic BM hunter. Nobody likes Destro. Affliction has always been the bread and butter, staple warlock design spec in PvP and it needs to work better.

This destroys your credibility.
Palinck proffered this insight:

LOL this guy thinks destro sucks

hahahahahahaha

hahahaha

haha

lol

SP's are OP in Arena and probably the easiest caster class to play. So be careful not to spill your cheese with all that hysterical guffawing.
Maddalynn said
The fact is locks especially Affliction has been moved AWAY from multidotting and slowly killing them softly while giggling in LoS. The new design of affliction is to be single target through dots, haunt, while CHANNELING MG and DS while maintaining very minimal spread dots outside of DS.

It's always amusing watching someone with minimal understanding of statistical reasoning bundling a pack of self selected numbers and offering it as evidence or research. Pro tip from stats 101 - try starting with n and N.

Once again, Locks rock in solid BG teams, they are painfully difficult to play well as a burst DPS in Arena in comparison to other casters, although there will always be great players who can do it (not me btw), and great teams who can overcome the class deficiencies in close quarter combat.
This destroys your credibility.

Honestly, I see where you're coming from, but I don't think so.

Affliction has always been the go-to pvp spec. There's nothing wrong with destruction and demonology working in pvp, but I feel like (and I think that a lot of good warlocks would agree), that getting affliction working in PvP needs to be a priority.

Just like its okay if/when arcane and fire work in PvP, frost always has been a priority. If frost doesn't work, it has always been a huge priority to get it back.
Since you are adamante about posting credential post yours...awe that's right you haven't done anything since 2009 and you only broke 2k last in 2010. Si I again stress PEBKAC apparently.

At least I've done something at all, lol. You still have no idea what you're talking about btw, you just keep saying the same wrong things over and over and then claim that someone is "squirming" when there's just no point in correcting the same wrong information over and over again.
i'm pretty sure all 3 specs suck.

I dunno how demo is at higher levels, but destro actually isn't that bad.

The main problem is shadow priests are still too strong as a whole, and mages a tad bit over the top.

If they just balanced out those 2 classes a bit more without overbuffing anyone else arena's wouldn't be so bad.
Once again, Locks rock in solid BG teams, they are painfully difficult to play well as a burst DPS in Arena in comparison to other casters, although there will always be great players who can do it (not me btw), and great teams who can overcome the class deficiencies in close quarter combat.

I agree. You'll see a lot of really good teams run with 2-3 destro locks because chaos bolt is still a great executor in a mass brawl when you can hit 2 people for over 100k+ back to back to back.

Buff it too much and it becomes op in arenas. But locks have been based around having a port up, now they are based around having a port up and a gate. They are still one of the tankiest casters in an age when most melee have multiple gap closers and other casters have ways of kiting.