Question about different holy builds.

Paladin
Post Limit:
I noticed a hpally reforging to haste, when I've been doing mastery this whole time. I'm just wondering if these crit/haste builds would be any better for overall healing or are they just situational.
Last I checked we should be reforging for Crit, then Haste/Mastery is personal preference after that.
I noticed a hpally reforging to haste, when I've been doing mastery this whole time. I'm just wondering if these crit/haste builds would be any better for overall healing or are they just situational.

Haste does not give enough benefit to outwiegh the throughput gains from mastery and crit is not necessarily bad, but it is RNG. Most smart healers are going to take the stat that is the highest theorectical boost.

Last I checked we should be reforging for Crit, then Haste/Mastery is personal preference after that.

For PVP, yea.
Im only 490 with limited exp, but seems like there are 3 build possible right now depending on play style. The cata version of healing was haste until your HL was 2.15 seconds or less, then crit all the way. You would get enough mastery on your gear to have a 50-60k IL bubble. Now it seems more mastery>haste to comfort>crit. But its ever changing. Pvp i see a lot of people going Crit>haste>mastery
On my Holy spec, I'm a Mastery stacker. The overall gain from Mastery (moar bubbles!) is better than the wishy-washy gain from Haste.
Yeah, Mastery feels like the best-scaling secondary for us, comparing it to haste & crit. Crit comes second to it, then haste is nice to have but never to focus on.
Yeah, Mastery feels like the best-scaling secondary for us, comparing it to haste & crit. Crit comes second to it, then haste is nice to have but never to focus on.
This is what I do, I prefer crit over haste so that my Holy Shock has a better chance of critting. More Infusions of Light please!
This is what I do, I prefer crit over haste so that my Holy Shock has a better chance of critting. More Infusions of Light please!

Eeeexactly c:

It's another case of another stat offering the same bonuses as another, wrapping more value into that one. Crit offers the benefits of haste in this case, where in large enough quantities, Infusion of Light completely outdoes haste's throughput boost. A greater chance for -1.5 cast time to your core healing spells every 6 (or less if you're tiered up) seconds is pretty huge. It's just not as reliable as Mastery, so the hierarchy stands. :B
I was just wondering wanted to see if there were other possible options that I could try. Which are but they're not going to have as good of results more than likely.