lvl50 bgs a joke

Warrior
BGs been great fun so far, get to level 50 and warriors have completely unbalanced everything.

I use all tricks I have. disarm/fear/the works.

End result is dead in literally 5 seconds flat (usually a 2 hit or so) (shield slam)

The most OP thing I've seen so far.
Why do I see complaints about shield slam in low level bgs more then anything else on this forum?
you're kidding, right?

i one shot people from 5.0 onwards while leveling my warlock w/ chaos bolt
Why do I see complaints about shield slam in low level bgs more then anything else on this forum?

Why do I always see more and more warriors rushing to the defense of their own overpowered abilities?
Please, have a little sense.
The normal response is "PvE prot warriors do terrible deeps, shield slam buff was needed"
Or "Prot warriors needed more threat!"
HAH.

If you don't know already, shield slam received a rather sizable buff upon the release of 5.2, then another 25% buff in the hotfix, on top of the glyph Heavy Repercussions which increases shield slam damage by another 50% when they pop Shield Block.
It doesn't balance out and scale correctly with attack power til around 80.
All prot warriors in dungeon gear are one button top killing blows in every single BG.
Why do I always see more and more warriors rushing to the defense of their own overpowered abilities?
Because it's the Warrior forums, you moron.
03/24/2013 03:19 AMPosted by Kangamooster
Because it's the Warrior forums, you moron.

Whoa there, no need to get feisty. Apparently you saw the need to make a level one shaman to lurk forums on so your main won't be seen.
I digress.

Sorry, but it makes you either incredibly blind or a huge hypocrite for you to not think shield slam is way too powerful at low levels. It's most likely the latter.

Sorry.

Just keep trying to justify shield slam - Good luck, have fun.
But he's a warlock. He can one shot people in low level bgs as well. Hell most classes can at that level. In the 20's a priest kills with penance. Low level bgs are never balanced. Like your druid heals. All you have to do is cast rejuvenate and then /laugh while you prance around. But anyways my point is that there are already 2938584574619204 topics on this. Why make another?
Sorry, but it makes you either incredibly blind or a huge hypocrite for you to not think shield slam is way too powerful at low levels. It's most likely the latter.
No, I simply don't care.

In the time it's taken you to complain about this, a person could have outleveled the bracket in which shield slam is of any legitimate concern.
Whoa there, no need to get feisty. Apparently you saw the need to make a level one shaman to lurk forums on so your main won't be seen.
My main is Kangarooster@Cho'gall.

I'm not trying to conceal my main at all, but knock yourself out.

I enjoy your incredulity at the fact that Warriors are the predominant posters in the WARRIOR forum.
Ah, but that's where you've made a mistake.

Not only have you wasted your time trying to defend said shield slam, you've strayed far off topic, and said something that intrigues me.

No, I simply don't care.

That was your response to my argument on the hypocrisy of most warriors here.

If you simply don't care, then why are you still here?

To waste time?
To troll?
To win argument that obviously doesn't need reinforcement from you?

In response to the other comment you made...
No, I obviously do not PvE, nor would said experience from being an avid PvE'er further me in this pointless argument.
It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.

And no, Hazdonzak, Warlock one shotting has not been an issue for me at my alt's level.
Allow me to correct you.
No, just because I'm a Druid does not mean I can spam rejuvenation and heal myself to full every time. That only works for restoration, and it suddenly becomes much less OP once you hit level 60. Besides, if a prot warrior can hit me for 6k out of my 4k health pool, what good does a spammable HoT do anyways? Sure, I can displacer beast. But more often than not, said warrior has the ability to stay on my tail or kill me before the charge stun expires.
WOW.. i guess now that warriors are balanced at 90 all the bads look for something else to whinge about... If you REALLY think that the game is balanced aroung lvl 50 bgs... then youre gonna have a bad time
WOW.. i guess now that warriors are balanced at 90 all the bads look for something else to whinge about... If you REALLY think that the game is balanced aroung lvl 50 bgs... then youre gonna have a bad time

We never expected level 50 bg's to be balanced, or low level PvP for that matter.
We're not complaining about balance, just the fact that prot warriors can be the one button top killing blows, with no effort.
Sorry, the "bads" aren't complaining. It's mostly people who want to run a bg or two while leveling and get run over by the rapetrain of prot warriors and insane healers.

Case closed...
03/24/2013 03:57 AMPosted by Calloffruity

We never expected level 50 bg's to be balanced, or low level PvP for that matter.
We're not complaining about balance, just the fact that prot warriors can be the one button top killing blows, with no effort.
Sorry, the "bads" aren't complaining. It's mostly people who want to run a bg or two while leveling and get run over by the rapetrain of prot warriors and insane healers.

Case closed...
So then what was the point of this thread? Yes, Shield Slam is strong as lower levels, but so is Chaos Bolt, Evis, DP, LvB...the list goes on. Bringing up in balance in low level, whether you're trying to ask for nerfs or not, make you look like a moron. If Shield Slam bothers you that much, level to around 60 where its no longer that big of a issue.
Um, I was never the one seeking balance in low level bg's.
That was the OP.
But he's a warlock. He can one shot people in low level bgs as well. Hell most classes can at that level. In the 20's a priest kills with penance. Low level bgs are never balanced. Like your druid heals. All you have to do is cast rejuvenate and then /laugh while you prance around. But anyways my point is that there are already 2938584574619204 topics on this. Why make another?

Oh boy, where to begin?

I'd like to explain why I believe I'm qualified to laugh very hard at this post. I've leveled this character strictly in bgs. I get gear for myself by tanking, but turn off xp when I do. I've never played a bg as prot, and haven't played in a bit. Yes, I'm in heirloom gear. No, I do not enjoy one shotting folks with shield slam. I absolutely refuse, in fact.

Never once, in all my time in a bg, have I been one shot by any warlock I've come across using any spell. Maybe if I wasn't in quest greens I would have been, but that's an issue of unbalance due to ridiculous heirloom gear, not of class.

While priests in their 20s deal damage with penance, so do I with MS. They may be able to heal, but I can interrupt and slow. I never felt an unnerving imbalance between a priest and I in any Warsong Gulch environment. You focus the healer, and they die.

Oh yeah, and if a druid did nothing but cast rejuv and wave their hands around, I kill them in defensive stance. I get that you're using hyperbole and all, but it only discredits yourself. A druid needs to keep hots up while switching in and out of travel form, and finding the perfect time to cast a big heal. If they mess up, I interrupt the heal and they probably die.

There is at least a little balance to low level bgs, or there was. It's absolutely more casual than 90, but that's the fun in it. Nobody really cares as long as they have fun. Unless there's a class dealing 90%-100% of players life totals with the push of a button.

It's busted. People care. Don't spout silly nonsense and pretend like WE'RE the fools.
03/24/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Hallucinogen

Case closed...
So then what was the point of this thread? Yes, Shield Slam is strong as lower levels, but so is Chaos Bolt, Evis, DP, LvB...the list goes on. Bringing up in balance in low level, whether you're trying to ask for nerfs or not, make you look like a moron. If Shield Slam bothers you that much, level to around 60 where its no longer that big of a issue.

The point is, while it's a more relaxed pvp where players only seek to have fun, there still needs to be SOME balance. Yes, there is less. It still needs to exist, though.

Chaos Bolt, Evis, DP, LvB are all strong, but I've never been one shot by any of them. Ever. In all of the WSG on this guy.

I believe bringing the shield slam issue up does not make us look like morons. I believe that people don't always know how to express why they're upset, and people like you take advantage of that fact to win an argument over the internet.

The point is, while it's a more relaxed pvp where players only seek to have fun, there still needs to be SOME balance. Yes, there is less. It still needs to exist, though.

Chaos Bolt, Evis, DP, LvB are all strong, but I've never been one shot by any of them. Ever. In all of the WSG on this guy.

I believe bringing the shield slam issue up does not make us look like morons. I believe that people don't always know how to express why they're upset, and people like you take advantage of that fact to win an argument over the internet.
You are asking for balance in low level PvP. When pretty much at some point or another, every class has an ability that is stronger then it should be until a few levels later when it balances out. Whether it be a heal, DoT, or Shield Slam. Its been that way for a pretty long time and we've all gone through it at some point. If Blizzard has no intent on trying to make 1v1 PvP balance... how high do you think "low level PvP" is on their list of priorities?

Also, he's talking about level 50 brackets, which would explain why you've never gotten one shot by any of those abilities.
Hallucinogen,

I'm not asking for balance in lower level brackets. That'd be like trying to balance 50 buckets of water on a merry-go-round. Shield Slam as is rips the merry-go-round out of the ground and drinks the water in the buckets.

I understand that it just won't be perfect, and I never expect it to be.

What you should understand is that this Shield Slam problem is unlike anything you're talking about. Why? Because while Chaos bolt, backstabs, or any other hard hitting ability will take out a level 31 wearing greens when used by a level 34 in full heirlooms...

Shield Slam, as it is now, can take away 80%-100% of ANYONE'S hp, no matter what the gear looks like on the one doing the slamming.\

This means that the problem isn't with heirloom gear, but with a single ability. It's game warping. It's important enough to be fixed.
This means that the problem isn't with heirloom gear, but with a single ability. It's game warping. It's important enough to be fixed.

Thank you sweet Jesus. A thread that finally makes sense.
Yeah, it's hard to find people still willing to think that another person's opinion may be valid. It's just such a mess of terrible, unsupported opinions that when a good one comes along it's just ignored.