Isle of Thunder participation %

General Discussion
Alliance is down to 18% on my dead server.

How about you?
Hit 21% ally yesterday. Fun stuff.
Haven't checked today but it's likely 44-50%ish like it always is.
I haven't set foot in level 90 content since before 5.2, but I'm guessing that introducing the participation thing was bad timing considering most of the servers are drying up.
18% on Moon Guard as well, which is not exactly a low pop server (Full, but no queues).

I think part of the problem is that it was easy to get Exalted between the Commendation and the Dungeon/Scenario option, as well as the difficulty of the mobs on the Isle makes it far too tempting to get rep without doing dailies.

And then once you get exalted, the only motivation you have for doing dailies is to push the meter up, but only a Blacksmith would really care about that, and that's only up to the Thunder Forge stage.

Otherwise, what reward do people actually get out of unlocking everything on the island? What incentive do they have to continue doing dailies once their rep is done? I highly doubt a chance at a coin and pandaren banquet once per day is enough incentive to make people trudge through an island full of mobs that are more dangerous than usual without a flying mount.

Also, considering there's much more challenge... you still only get 20g, 5 VP, and 2 Coins even out of the IoT dailies which are 3x as hard as Golden Lotus. IoT is even harder than Niuzao Temple which was dreaded in its day (and skipped by many players).

And IoT stuff is worth the same as, say, Tillers dailies? Anglers' Dailies?

lol.
Haven't looked but I'm sure it's low like the rest.
24%... I should do a daily quest today >_>
24%... I should do a daily quest today >_>

I haven't done the dailies in awhile, for a couple of reasons:

1). I'm halfway through Revered and I find that Heroic Dungeons give me far superior VP (which I can use to buy stuff) and I could still use a couple 463s on my Blacksmith.

2). Scenarios also give a chunk of rep per day and there's always that chance I could find a 476 in the goodie bag and it takes very little time at all to do.

3). I don't like the Raptor Pen Area, esp not as my Arms Warrior. I've gotten used to Ihgalguk or however you spell it, I've gotten used to the Graveyard Area... I still hate the area with the reanimated statues and they're overpowered Body Slam that you MUST stun or else (even if you move out of the area you still take the damage) and the mobs Everywhere, and the troll areal is meh. The Raptor Pen area though.... yeah, they send you after little guys.... but there's all kinds of people tramping through the area killing them all, there's ridiculously overpowered Elites patrolling everywhere and you have to kill a million mobs you don't need to avoid them while trying to find little raptors to kill.......... I just hate the area.

4). Other than getting the Direhorn at Exalted, I can't see much of any reward for actually being Exalted. Oh yeah, I can buy a Ring. Which I will do. But then with me filling in a bar of rep per day out of a dungeon and scenario? I'll get there. I might even do partial dailies... just not the statues/raptor area. Those two areas are ridiculously bad design.
Havent been to Pandaria since i hit 90 other than to get conquest, then hearth straight back to Orgrimmar.
I have never completed all of the daily quests on IOT. They just take too long to do thanks to the no fly zone restrictions and dense spawns of trash mobs.
I haven't set foot on the Isle yet because I'm still doing 5.0 content and I don't want to skip stuff. So soon enough I'll get to the 5.1 dailies, and then I'll be off to the Isle!
I haven't set foot on the Isle yet because I'm still doing 5.0 content and I don't want to skip stuff. So soon enough I'll get to the 5.1 dailies, and then I'll be off to the Isle!

You're aware that you can do all the 5.0, 5.1, and 5.2 all at once, right, and not "skip" anything?

Though it is very highly recommended you have 460+ for the Isle of Thunder. Anything less than that is going to be painful depending on your class/spec. Blood DKs, WW Monks, Enhancement Shamans, and Ret Paladins will laugh. Rogues, Arms Warriors, Mages will likely cry at lower gear levels for example.
70%, 22% alliance participation.
I think Darrowmere Horde side is somewhere around the 60% - 75% mark. I don't see an actual number on the meter, but its about 3/4 the way full. As of last night, anyway.
I think Darrowmere Horde side is somewhere around the 60% - 75% mark. I don't see an actual number on the meter, but its about 3/4 the way full. As of last night, anyway.

Mouse over the meter, it'll give the Participation % of your faction in the tooltip.
Do you guys usually hit the next Stage sometime monday night?
Once people get exalted or revered, they stop doing dailies. I think Blizzard planned for this to happen as it stretches out the whole Thunder Island experience. Working as intended.
23% on Thrall...most people have hit exalted and only farming rares now.
03/24/2013 08:05 AMPosted by Xaelai

Mouse over the meter, it'll give the Participation % of your faction in the tooltip.

I've tried that, and there's no tool tip. unless I'm looking for the tool tip in the wrong area (I'm assuming it'll be where the guage is, right?)
the rewards suck so why hit exalted on alts

everyone hit exalted already and said screw this im out

oh blizz did it so we wouldnt feel the need to do them on alts but lets put the next FREE TIER WORLD BOSS behind this participation gated system!!!! OH AND THE THUNDERFORGE!!

the ring should cost gold not valor

let's see 5.1 DAILIES give a ring at HONORED and it's the SAME ILVL!!

should i get honored with those or get all the way to exalted with these new dailies and get one for valor too

and let me just do 1 wing of the new lfr to get a 522 ring for valor

so one of these 496 rings is an even bigger waste of time to get

hmm

you need to think next time blizz!