Vote to kick.

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
At first this "vote to kick" seemed like a good idea. Kicking someone out of a group for randomly going afk, or not following the "rules". Now it has become a tool to get rid of someone, simply because you don't like them, or something they might have said. Not necessarily saying something against the TOS, but just because someone doesn't agree with what was said. I thought there was a system in place to prevent that from happening, but it seems there isn't.

Vote to kick has inhibited my game play more than it has helped. And that is just sad. I don't really think it's right to have the power to remove someone for, not doing something "wrong" or inhibiting someone else's play, but because you don't like them. To me, that is very unfair. The more I get voted out of a group because I told the tank he might be better off tanking the boss over "here" rather than "there". The more I do not want to play. And that shouldn't be.
Now it has become a tool to get rid of someone

I'd venture to say you're doing it wrong.

If anything, my experience is that "vote to kick" isn't used NEARLY enough. Drunken, half-AFKers that show up in PvP gear with no upgrades and do less DPS than any of the healers usually get a pass.

The only people I've seen get kicked with any regularity are extremely abusive people, tanks that aren't tanky, DPSers pretending to be healers, and total AFKers.

Your mileage may vary, but if you routinely get kicked I suspect there's a very good reason.
The more I get voted out of a group because I told the tank he might be better off tanking the boss over "here" rather than "there". The more I do not want to play. And that shouldn't be.

Have you considered that if you want to dictate where something should be tanked, you might want to roll a tank yourself? If you're getting kicked from dungeon groups often enough to feel you need to complain about it, based, as near as I can tell from what you said, on trying to tell other people how to fulfill their roles... Are you sure the vote-to-kick system is the problem?
None of my toons have ever been kicked..........I don't know why ppl have this issue.
So you're saying that, a tank can do all the wrong things, and I shouldn't try to explain what might be a better option?

In light of that, I would say "What kind of BS is that!?"

So in other words, no matter what anyone else does or says, I'm the one in wrong?
Playing my role correctly?! When did this turn in to ME not playing correctly, when I clearly stated who was not doing what correctly.. I see so you guys can tell me how to play my role, but I can't tell the tank how to play his?
Maybe you could try reading correctly. And I think me paying my $15 a month to play gives me a right to talk in a chat if I want to.
Maybe you could try reading correctly. And I think me paying my $15 a month to play gives me a right to talk in a chat if I want to.

Sure. And their collective $60/135/360/585 a month lets them opt not to do content with you if they don't want to.

You have a right to talk in WoW chat, assuming you don't break the ToS (abuse, avoiding language filter, etc.).

You don't have a right to say whatever you want and be free of the consequences.
The more I get voted out of a group because I told the tank he might be better off tanking the boss over "here" rather than "there". The more I do not want to play. And that shouldn't be.

pug tanks usually dislike when you attempt to backseat their style of doing things.

I don't have an issue with it, but I could name a dozen or so tanks I know that would vote kick you for doing so.

my advice: join group. heal group. collect valor. leave group.
i only use vote to kick when i dont like someone. thats the best use for it, not kicking someone who is new or learning.
I use vote kick so much on afkers and extreme baddies (I can tell the difference between and undergeared person who's trying, and one that just doesn't care, about anything, at all), that all of my toons often have a 2 hour to 4 hour lock out from using it.
VTK is fine. The other players are not required to play with you. If you think there is a better way for a tank to handle a boss, ask if they wouldn't mind a suggestion instead of telling them it outright. If you don't like the way someone else is tanking, drop the group.

If you are looking to dictate how bosses are handled, form your own group instead of using the lfd/lfr system, or roll a tank.
03/25/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Antitoxin
Vote to kick has inhibited my game play more than it has helped. And that is just sad. I don't really think it's right to have the power to remove someone for, not doing something "wrong" or inhibiting someone else's play, but because you don't like them.

If you're consistently finding yourself disliked by 3+ random strangers you should think long and hard about your behavior.
03/25/2013 01:05 AMPosted by Krinu

Sure. And their collective $60/135/360/585 a month lets them opt not to do content with you if they don't want to.

You have a right to talk in WoW chat, assuming you don't break the ToS (abuse, avoiding language filter, etc.).

You don't have a right to say whatever you want and be free of the consequences.

As I said in my post (if anyone wants really read it, rather than just skimming through and still giving input as if they read the whole thing and comprehended what was said) I didn't, nor do I ever use vulgar language. Within the game that is.
I was kicked from one the new ToT LFR's because someone said "kick the DK". There were 5 of us but I was first in the group listing and I was NOT the one causing problems. I am sure someone probably /facepalmed when the realized the wrong one was kicked but by then the damage to me was done.

I have also seen people kicked from the new LFR's on the first day they were out for not pre-knowing all of the mechanics and rather than take a few seconds to explain something they would rather wipe, kick, wipe, kick their way through the raid.
Did I claim you did?

You don't need to be vulgar to be rude, nor do you need to be profane to have people not like grouping with you. I included the parenthetical about ToS violations as a way to be accurate, not because I believed you actually violated them.
I was kicked from one the new ToT LFR's because someone said "kick the DK". There were 5 of us but I was first in the group listing and I was NOT the one causing problems. I am sure someone probably /facepalmed when the realized the wrong one was kicked but by then the damage to me was done.

I have also seen people kicked from the new LFR's on the first day they were out for not pre-knowing all of the mechanics and rather than take a few seconds to explain something they would rather wipe, kick, wipe, kick their way through the raid.

Exactly, and that is just clear abuse of the tool, that goes unnoticed & unchecked. Giving people the "freedom" to take away YOUR experience, for nothing more than "because they felt like it". Which is just wrong.
We had a druid in a group the other day who insisted on pulling every mob in the instance, after the tank repeatedly asking her to stop wiping us by pulling 3 mobs, and that he wanted a fast run, she starts calling us idiots and to report us for abuse.

We all agree to afk until we can kick her, and much like you say with the tank, suddenly we're the ones who are playing wrong and are abusing the kick function.

Before you say anything, I've read your post. But, like Rafiki says, look harder.
This toon has been kicked once.

I was in an LFR, where the tank wasn't tanking Tsulong near the sunbeam, and instead, seemed to be pulling it further away. I whispered that it was going to make the lives of the melee, and and healers, a lot easier if he'd just stick to the usual strat, and for my trouble was told to perform an impossible act of buggery. At that point, I began trolling the tank.

I shouted in all caps.
I swore - as in, "GET OVER TO THE SUNBEAM [swear word disparaging his mother]!"
I did everything in my power to rip aggro, then screamed about my face getting eaten off.
I encouraged a priest in the group to life grip the tank to a better position, which she did on 2 occasions.

In short, I was a jerk. After we got Tsulong down, the tank tossed a tantrum and demanded I get kicked or he wouldn't move on. He was accompanied by several guildies (a bunch from Durotan), and I was in there alone, so I knew the kick was coming. I wished everyone luck with their fail tank, and a moment later, I was standing in 7 stars.

If you're getting kicked a lot, I'm going to assume you're not being a gently helpful, or as awesome a player as you're insinuating.