5.3 PvP Announcements

Darkspear
New maps

New Battleground: Gold Rush
In the new Battleground situated in the Valley of the Four Winds, the Alliance and Horde continue their war for Pandaria’s precious resources. While the two factions battle for control over mines, they must also protect their own resources from being stolen and turned against them!

New Arena: Shado-Pan
Gladiator hopefuls have a new location to test their mettle amidst the Kun-Lai mountain tops, in the training grounds of the powerful Shado-Pan. Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantage that will bring victory and glory!

Cool cool cool

PvP
A blog with additional information and explanation for the reasoning behind PvP changes will be available very soon.
All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.
Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493.
Season 13 Tyrannical Elite gear had their item levels decreased to ilevel 496, down from ilevel 512.
Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.

Gear goes out the window in a sense?
yea Im being an optimist, 5.2 so far is good hope they keep it up
Transmog anything, warlocks that can cast and run, and equalizing gear in competitive pvp? Guild Warcraft 2 anyone? :D
New maps

New Battleground: Gold Rush
In the new Battleground situated in the Valley of the Four Winds, the Alliance and Horde continue their war for Pandaria’s precious resources. While the two factions battle for control over mines, they must also protect their own resources from being stolen and turned against them!

New Arena: Shado-Pan
Gladiator hopefuls have a new location to test their mettle amidst the Kun-Lai mountain tops, in the training grounds of the powerful Shado-Pan. Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantage that will bring victory and glory!

Cool cool cool

PvP
A blog with additional information and explanation for the reasoning behind PvP changes will be available very soon.
All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.
Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493.
Season 13 Tyrannical Elite gear had their item levels decreased to ilevel 496, down from ilevel 512.
Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.

Gear goes out the window in a sense?

Good, Goodbye Vanilla-WotLK times. I'm not about to grind for gear like lolswifty who got wrecked by Badger. T2 kids are going to be VERY mad right now, and I'ma just lol as I 'destro'y them, Goodbye pointless grinders, goodbye mad vanilla kids, and hello skill based PVP.
Good, Goodbye Vanilla-WotLK times. I'm not about to grind for gear like lolswifty who got wrecked by Badger. T2 kids are going to be VERY mad right now, and I'ma just lol as I 'destro'y them, Goodbye pointless grinders, goodbye mad vanilla kids, and hello skill based PVP.

It's story time.

Due to the lack of resi in vanilla, PvP required considerably less grinding to catch up in gear. It's true that someone in full warlord had a large advantage over someone just starting the game, but "skill" as you call it actually played a much bigger role. Anyone without an entourage of pocket healers was in as much danger of being locked down and destroyed as anyone else. This update seems like a really refreshing change.

I hope I'm not wasting my time replying to a troll post.
What I'm most interested in is the battleground and arena they're adding.

They haven't uploaded much but to me the battleground sounds like it'll be Arathi-Basin/Battle for Gilneas style while implementing carts like in Silvershard Mines and tracks that you can redirect

--

As far as the new arena map...

Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantage that will bring victory and glory!

Looming tiger statues and fenced platforms... What could that mean?
April fools.
03/23/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Redead

It's story time.

Due to the lack of resi in vanilla, PvP required considerably less grinding to catch up in gear. It's true that someone in full warlord had a large advantage over someone just starting the game, but "skill" as you call it actually played a much bigger role. Anyone without an entourage of pocket healers was in as much danger of being locked down and destroyed as anyone else. This update seems like a really refreshing change.

I hope I'm not wasting my time replying to a troll post.

That's not a troll post, and titling it as a 'troll post' is rediculous. In fact with what you replied with seemed to be redundent and poorly worded, I had some trouble so I needed to re-read it as any reader tends to do on the forums. In Short, pvp did require a TON of grinding, you seem to have little idea or realism of what it was like, and Idk what your point was. Troll.

I've heard t2 is a 15% DPS increase, and when the entire enemy team has it, and none of us do, it is a huge disadvantage. I run high rated MMR RBGs currently, I do know, no one who understands who I actually am has a clue about that but w.e =D. Anyways I respect your opinion on things, but lets be honest. No one quits work IRL anymore for WoW a.k.a. wut iz Grindinz?

Chilli is love, Chilli is life. ~ April fools.
Blizz is getting you guys ready for April 1st early this year. LOL
03/24/2013 02:22 AMPosted by Chillerace
That's not a troll post, and titling it as a 'troll post' is rediculous. In fact with what you replied with seemed to be redundent and poorly worded, I had some trouble so I needed to re-read it as any reader tends to do on the forums. In Short, pvp did require a TON of grinding, you seem to have little idea or realism of what it was like, and Idk what your point was. Troll.

Haters gonna hate.
03/25/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Redead

Haters gonna hate.

Hypocritical. <3

Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantage that will bring victory and glory!

Short little video showing the new arena on ptr

http://youtu.be/gMb5nkN22zc

Short little video showing the new arena on ptr

http://youtu.be/gMb5nkN22zc

I dont mind it its a nice change
It's story time.

Due to the lack of resi in vanilla, PvP required considerably less grinding

vanilla, PvP required considerably less grinding

vanilla, less grinding

WAT

I take it back. I did not realize it now takes less than a week to get full pvp epix. A lot changes in 8 months apparently.