-

Pet Battles
-
Honestly, I've found pvp pet battles to be the fastest way of acquiring charms.

I've made over 1000 charms this way. It's kind of a shame that they can only be used once a week. It'd be nice to see a vendor that sold other items for charms.
-
Pvp pet battles can be won fairly quickly with a good team. You also don't have to go out into the world to do it. Can be done from towns.

Winning a battle has a high chance of awarding the player with charms. When you do win charms, they are given out in multiples. I've seen x2 up to x6.

Pvp pet battles also have a high chance of awarding the player with green an blue quality upgrade stones. The BoE versions of these can sell nicely on the AH too.

You can do PvE battles for charms, but they seem to be less rewarding in my experience.
-
PVE battles will garner 2-6 charms per battle. And they're quick and easy.
I found the easiest way for me was to find one of the fabled pets and just farm it. I have a team that can kill a few of them in 6 rounds. I have hundreds of bandages. So if I wanted mindless farming you can just do that fight over and over and get anywhere from 0-6 lesser per win
PVE battles will garner 2-6 charms per battle. And they're quick and easy.

This is my method of choice for farming Lesser Charms lately. I grind critters in the Veiled Stair to level pets and it lets me collect Charms at the same time (along with the occasional Battle-Stone).
I wish we could spend the lesser charms on other things, I have over 1000 now.

Perhaps since its so easy to get from pet battles, maybe we can use them to buy bandages or battle stones.

Or can be used to gain rep bonus for a certain amount of time.

Something other then just paying 90 every week.
Do PVP battles grant experience? and do they grant experience AND charms below maximum level?

edit: they do, and they don't.
Méatball, take your Bat and your Worg Pup to Valley of the Four Winds. All the wild pets there are critters or aquatics, which those 2 will chomp through in no time. Your third slot will be for levelling another pet.

Do this near a Stable Master for fast healing, and initially level up a couple more beasts and flyers so you can have 3 or 4 teams to use in rotation. An add-on which enhances your pet journal is helpful for storing teams.

Doing this you'll be farming for Lesser Charms, Battle-stones, new rares and levelling all at once, and even playing in a relaxed way while watching TV should net you plenty of charms in a few hours of battles.
I do the 11 tamers/spirit tamers in Pandaria and the 10 beasts of fable. When 5.2 dropped I had 32 charms. I have bought mogu charms of fate all 3 weeks since then and have well over 500 sitting on my character right now. Plus I have used about 20 batttle stones to get rid of some of my poors / commons to rares in that same time.

edit : Saving one of the 4 humanoid stones in case I can't find a rare guardling
1h of flying around SW one-shotting lv1 critters with a lv6 beast nets you enough coins to go through a couple months.

I'm surprised they didn't nerf it along the exp, but I'm pretty sure it's coming soon™. Just like the exp before the hotfix beat questing by far, doing battles for coins beat dailies by that much.
I found the easiest way for me was to find one of the fabled pets and just farm it. I have a team that can kill a few of them in 6 rounds. I have hundreds of bandages. So if I wanted mindless farming you can just do that fight over and over and get anywhere from 0-6 lesser per win

This is exactly what I did, it worked flawlessly. I used Lucky Yi in the Vo4W and just spammed him (did it to level a toon from 89 to 90, but exact same principle at 90 for charm farming). I used a team of three beasts with the skill trample (200 hit plus 10% of health), every hit goes for about 600, no hostile mobs to aggro, most fights take about 1 minute. You can probably farm your weekly charms in under an hour just hitting 1 key over and over again as long as you have a decent supply of bandages (was using usually one in between the spellbook heal)
Just like the exp before the hotfix beat questing by far, doing battles for coins beat dailies by that much.

True, but unlike exp, coins are only useful at max level, and only a few per week. Maxing out on coins is really not that powerful, even if you do it very fast. Leveling 1-80+ very fast is, which is why the exp was nerfed for people sitting in cities killing level 1 pets. In level-appropriate zones you can still get 100k+ from one pet battle (although it's 3 on 3 at that point).

And dailies also give ~20 gold per daily, and rep if you're not already exalted with everything.
-
On screen it says you got a charm, but in your chat log, if you have it set to record how many, you can read the number you got.

Often you will get none; often you will get more than one.
-
my guildie said in chat he was getting lesser charms from pet battles so i tryd it cause dont like dailys, he was on 30 when i started, 40 minutes later he was at 87 and i was at 0 still.
is there anything specific you need to do or just pray to rng gods
about 40-50 battles and no charms is kinda bs