Making a new start.

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
I've had the same characters for a long time and am looking to focus for a new character. I want him to be a human who has lived amongst the Kaldorei for most his life. I want him to be the hero people follow into battle willingly because of the inspiration he provides. He will be kind, intelligent, fierce, loyal and calm. He will be the hero that people know, that will call his name in the streets. But I run into one problem: Will he be a warrior or paladin?

I feel warriors would battle more fiercely than a paladin, but I also feel warriors have a stigma of being dumb brutes attached to them.

So weigh in with me, fellow RPers. I would love to hear your input!
A warrior can be just as kind, intelligent, fierce, loyal, and calm as a paladin. Warriors are not just dumb brutes either.

I think it is up to you to help erase that old prejudice and stigma, and let people see warriors in a new light. Viva le difference!
Not all warriors have to be crazy rage machines.

Make your character be a "prot" warrior stereotype IC. The in control, strong, focused, tough, protective type.
As others have said not all warriors are brutes. The only real issue would be his age, to my knowledge the Kaldorei have only really interacted with other races for about 10 or so years, meaning if he lived among them for most of his life, he'd likely be in his twenties.

While is it entirly possible for a young human to have that kind of charisma, the likelyhood of him doing something noteworthy or inspirational enough while living with the Kaldorei is quite low.
Yes you cannot be very old if you lived with the Kaldorei, he would have to have been born at least ten years prior to that to make him in his 20's. And make sure you are not having the human parents as being part of the Kaldorei culture. If you want a warrior with Kaldorei background, why not make a Kaldorei warrior?
why not make a Kaldorei warrior?

cause their not roided up and have a small head of course!
03/22/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Sydrian
I want him to be a human who has lived amongst the Kaldorei for most his life.

Why? How?

Why?
Sorry I think the Kaldorei males have the best build in game. Washboard abs, small trim waist and those hunky shoulders!!!
Sorry I think the Kaldorei males have the best build in game. Washboard abs, small trim waist and those hunky shoulders!!!

No one has nicer pecs than the human males. Although I admit theyre a bit blocky.
Have to admit, except for their humongous hands, NE males are one of the better proportioned males in the game. They also have one of the least dimorphic models of the taller races.
I want him to be a human who has lived amongst the Kaldorei for most his life.

As people have stated, he'd have to be really young. Not only that, you'd have to have a good reason as to how/why he lived among them for so long. If you make him an abandoned orphan who was taken in by elves, I'll smack you over the head with a bat. Not a baseball bat. A troll druid in bat form.

He will be the hero that people know, that will call his name in the streets.

Just a warning about this, don't expect people to know your character no matter what. When you meet RPers, you can whisper them being like "(( Hey, so this is my guy and this is what he's done to sorta get known. ))" and then let them decide if they want him to be known to their character. It's technically godmoding if you force everyone to know about your character and "call his name in the streets," even if it's a minor form of it.

Plus, you can't be a hero let alone a known one unless you've done something important. Being a nice guy may get you known as being a nice guy around the town/local watering hole, but it won't get you much else.

As far as the pally/warrior thing, your warrior stereotype is barely accurate to begin with, so I wouldn't worry about that. If you go through some lore, especially human lore, you'll see a lot of intelligent warriors who've done great things. Just because you don't have magical powers of some sort doesn't mean you're automatically dumb.
Plus, if he lived with elves most of his life, he'd have little to no paladin training whatsoever unless he brought a paladin with him during his time with the elves.
your warrior stereotype is barely accurate to begin with

*grunts* meat.
He will be the hero that people know, that will call his name in the streets.

Just a warning about this, don't expect people to know your character no matter what. When you meet RPers, you can whisper them being like "(( Hey, so this is my guy and this is what he's done to sorta get known. ))" and then let them decide if they want him to be known to their character. It's technically godmoding if you force everyone to know about your character and "call his name in the streets," even if it's a minor form of it.

Plus, you can't be a hero let alone a known one unless you've done something important. Being a nice guy may get you known as being a nice guy around the town/local watering hole, but it won't get you much else.

I would advise perhaps in a MRP that he has a reputation for doing some particular heroic thing, for lack of better words. (I would advise not to brag about heroic deeds ICly, it'd probably rub people the wrong way, real heroes don't brag about their deeds, they were just things done in the line of duty.)

But earning/showing heroism through ic actions is far more interesting than a sentence in an MRP.

Yeah all those femanine features make a "man" just oh so desireable.
03/23/2013 03:24 PMPosted by Bannanaclip

Yeah all those femanine features make a "man" just oh so desireable.
Which features that she mentioned are so feminine? The six-pack abs? Muscular shoulders?
The only thing that is remotely female is the trim waist, and I'm pretty sure that it is usually considered undesirable for either gender to have some extra pudge around the middle. (Pandaren tastes aside.)
I think we are getting off topic
Discussing what constitutes a warrior versus a paladin or the build of a Kaldorei being more appealing? I find human males overly blocky and much too stereotypical body builders. Not appealing to all women. As for appealing I am really liking the Blood elf males for looks!

Wish I could have some cross faction affairs!
Hi, my name is Cyaer, where have you been all my life, you beautiful thing.
Oh my.