Character stuck, Can't log out or back in.

Technical Support
Post Limit:
This issue has been going on since last night Mar 22, 2013. I can log on to my Warlock just fine but after logging in I cannot see any NPC's, players are running in place and I can't take any ports. When I try to Log out off of my Warlock nothing happens. The Log countdown disappears, I can't move my character. All I can do is chat in General, Trade and Guild chat.

The only way for me to get off the toon is to Alt F4. After that I can't log back on because "There is already a character with that name" error pops up. With that being said, I can log into all my other toons and log out with no problems at all. I can even see my warlock online which means it still didn't log out.

I tried deleting the WTF Folder and both Cache folders (in Main WoW folder and in Data Folder within main WoW folder). After deleting those I try and log in fresh with no addons enabled but I run into "There is already a character with that name" or if I do get on, I still cannot log out. I've tried logging in from a different Pc but the problem still stands. I had my friend log in on his toon on my Pc and it works just fine for him. My Net speed has Ultra boost and everything internet-wise is running as it should. My Home MS is 14 steadily while World MS is 30-40 steadily.
Bump. Still having this problem.
I have the same exact problem on my shaman, but had not had the problem on any of my other characters.
I'm experiencing a similar issue - I cannot log out of the game with this character. I choose log out, but nothing happens - I can move around but not interact with anything. Also, chat continues to display / update.

Any other characters on my account - no problems. Also, because of this, I can't get my armory profile to update.

I tried disabling all addons, etc, with no success. There are similar threads to this one popping up, but I haven't seen any solutions. Please, somebody help!
Why is this only happening to people on Stormrage?
So after talking to Tech Support over the course of 2 days. They told me that it's a problem with my ISP and that I should contact them.

Like everyone else with this issue, it's only affecting ONE of my toons. I may be wrong but if it were an ISP problem wouldn't it affect all my toons?

I've contacted my ISP and there are no problems with my Internet. I've gone through all of the troubleshooting steps and still no resolution.
It may be the server acting up again.
I just tried again and everything seems to be working fine now. The problem may have fixed itself somehow. Good luck to the rest of you. Hopefully it doesn't come back! O_O
I'm having the same damn issue, it started happening to me yesterday
Okunni

Can you post some network information?

* Windows Xp, Vista, or 7 (also include if it's a 32 or 64 bit version)
* Firewall (McAfee, Norton, ZoneAlarm, etc.)
* Network Adapter brand, model, driver date, and driver version number (Steps below)

1. Click Start.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Double-click on the System icon (in Windows XP, you may need to click Switch to Classic 4. View on the left hand side of the screen).
5. Select the Hardware tab.
6. Click on Device Manager
7. Expand the section labeled Network Adapters.
8. Right-click on your network card and select Properties.
9. Click on the "Driver" tab at the top

* Router brand and model # (this should be printed somewhere on the front or back or bottom)
* Cable or DSL Modem brand and model #(this should be printed somewhere on the front or back or bottom)
* ISP (Internet Provider)
* Is the connection wired or wireless
* Location (City, State)
* Traceroute ( http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/performing-a-traceroute )

Windows XP 64 Bit
No Firewall
Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter Driver 9.2.0.247
Router: Belkin NPLAY 600 HD
Cable Modem Zoom 3451J Modem
Comcast Internet Chicago, IL
Wireless Conneciton
Having same issue, mentioned over http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8415142284

Issue occurred after Stormrage crashed on 03/26/13, and only applies to one character, meaning all other characters can log in and log out perfectly fine, however Tyraelis can't, thus can't be an issue with internet or router.
Shamwich

Please start your own thread.

Issue occurred after Stormrage crashed on 03/26/13, and only applies to one character, meaning all other characters can log in and log out perfectly fine, however Tyraelis can't, thus can't be an issue with internet or router.

Wow, exact same thing with me. Same server (Stormrage), started around same time, and it only applies to this character (Loganis) not my others. Disabled all addons, deleted cache, etc. and still nothing.

I hope someone finds a fix for this because it's very odd we are having the same issue, along with a number of other people.
Same issue. This character only. Stormrage Server. Started after a server crash while doing ToT on Tuesday. Can click log out. Doesn't do anything. After Alf-F4ing to log out, I get "A character with that name already exists" for about 5 minutes before I can log back in.
I also have the same issue, would be really nice if someone found a fix for this soon, quite annoying when I like to toon swap a lot but can't. I am also on Stormrage.
Same issue. This character only. Stormrage Server. Started after a server crash while doing ToT on Tuesday. Can click log out. Doesn't do anything. After Alf-F4ing to log out, I get "A character with that name already exists" for about 5 minutes before I can log back in.

I'm having the exact same problem and it seemed to start at the exact same time.
My guildmate had the same issue, and he got tech support to fix his issue.
He had to change his logged in character on the mobile armory, then have Blizzard clear his characters cache on the server, and that appears to have fixed the issue for him. I am currently waiting for them to clear my cache so I can't confirm if it worked or not.
I cant get on my 90 warrior but i can on all my other characters. every time i press enter world it tells me this "You cannot log in until the character update process you recently initiated is complete"