8 years and no Australian servers

Oceanic General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I think it's funny how people don't understand the concept of servers, it isn't as simple as typing in some stuff and poof there's your new server.

Servers do cost money, and the reason why there's so many is because so many people play, and the reason why there's servers with a low pop. is because those servers cost money too, and to take them down when they could be useful is money, thus an underlying reason for CRZ.

Australia just doesn't host enough players to claim it's own independent group of servers. Get your entire population to play as well as any other south-western pacific inhabitants and I'm sure Blizzard'll give it a shot.
Australia just doesn't host enough players to claim it's own independent group of servers. Get your entire population to play as well as any other south-western pacific inhabitants and I'm sure Blizzard'll give it a shot.

The entire Oceanic region population says hi.
Blizz has already said that they have looked into it and to do it they would have to pay for too many infrastructure upgrades in Austraila that your internet providers should be doing anyway but want to off load the cost to Blizzard.
Blizz tried and it did not work out. Now the game seems to be in decline, I bet it will not happen. If only the reforms of the government controlled internet had happened sooner...

Please. From one Australian to another... SHUT UP ABOUT AU SERVERS! I am so sick of seeing people whining about this dead issue. It makes us look like petulant children.
It's not happening. Ever. Take a deep breath and deal with it.
Blizz has already said that they have looked into it and to do it they would have to pay for too many infrastructure upgrades in Austraila that your internet providers should be doing anyway but want to off load the cost to Blizzard.

That use to be true yeah, that was what... 4 years ago?
By 2020 our whole country is getting fiber optic..... so our network should be stronger than even USA
As for money, well given the massive sales of all Blizzard products across the Oceanic region, I'd say the server cost would be a drop in the bucket.

Sales of D3 and the three Starcraft expansions alone would be more than sufficent.

That use to be true yeah, that was what... 4 years ago?

Eight years ago, in the beta.
By 2020 our whole country is getting fiber optic..... so our network should be stronger than even USA

LOL, I'm glad the Aussies are getting their networks upgraded all around, but the only nations whose networks could rival the US are smaller nations like Denmark, Belgium, Japan and South Korea, simply because of their size, networks are much much cheaper and easier to standardize.

Simply because the rest of Australia's urban areas are getting fiber optics within 7 years doesn't mean the rest of the world is going to stay the same in terms of its connectivity.

Even still connectivity isn't an issue when it comes to independent servers.

The entire Oceanic region population says hi.

My point exactly.

Australia doesn't have enough players to host its own servers, why do you think Brazil as well as many other Spanish-speaking servers were forced to merge with NA servers?

It's a playerbase/money issue, something that isn't so easily resolved.
I suppose it's no use asking cause Blizzard won't care what so ever.
But cmon. SWTOR AND LoL has them now but still no Aussie servers? Just guess you guys just don't care about us.

Yeah SWTOR did it, and look how well that worked out for them.. All three servers are at light all day long.
Sales of D3 and the three Starcraft expansions alone would be more than sufficent.

So you want them to take money from another part of the company and spend it on this.
I wouldn't switch servers if we did get one. Cultural diversity plays a large part as to why I enjoy this game so much. :)
My point exactly.

Australia doesn't have enough players to host its own servers, why do you think Brazil as well as many other Spanish-speaking servers were forced to merge with NA servers?

Oceania covers not just Australia, sheesh.

Aust pop 23 million
NZ pop 4 million
Fiji pop 868,406
Noumea pop 93,060.
The Philippines pop 94,852,030
Malaysia pop 28,859,154

Total pop of entire Oceanic region 378,000,000 (2010)

So you want them to take money from another part of the company and spend it on this

In terms of cash flow it could be afforded easily.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/09/activision-blizzard-q1-2012-financials-1-17-billion-in-net-rev/

Total revenue for Blizzard in 2012 $1.17 billion

I can only conclude the only reason they dont have servers here is that they either dont care or are just unwilling to for whatever reason.

It has been asked time and time again for Blizzard to just come forward and tell us yes or no and why. With the new MMO Titan they also havent told us if we get Aussie servers.

They keep releasing new games, and each and every time Oceania gets ignored.

Want me to go on?
My point exactly.

Oceania covers not just Australia, sheesh.

Aust pop 23 million
NZ pop 4 million
Fiji pop 868,406
Noumea pop 93,060.
The Philippines pop 94,852,030
Malaysia pop 28,859,154

Total pop of entire Oceanic region 378,000,000 (2010)

So you want them to take money from another part of the company and spend it on this

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/09/activision-blizzard-q1-2012-financials-1-17-billion-in-net-rev/

I can only ocnclude the only reason they dont have servers here is that they either dont care or are just unwilling to for whatever reason.

It has been asked time and time again for Blizzard to just come forward and tell us yes or no and why.

Want me to go on?

Exactly. We just want a yes or no. STOP IGNORING US!
Want me to go on?

Are you Blizzard's CFO?

No? Then, no. They don't need your advice on what to do with their revenue.

I can only ocnclude the only reason they dont have servers here is that they either dont care or are just unwilling to for whatever reason.

It has been asked time and time again for Blizzard to just come forward and tell us yes or no and why.

Want me to go on?

They don't think it's worth the expense. Yes, they could afford it. However, the gain for the expense isn't high enough for their liking. I'll go dig up an article from when they put serious (public) thought into AU-based servers.

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/2974876
Here's one on their thoughts.

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/2976629
And here's more clarification.
/support

this really should happen
Are you Blizzard's CFO?

No? Then, no. They don't need your advice on what to do with their revenue

No and neither are you. As far as advice is concerned, how about basic service to their paying customers?
Are you Blizzard's CFO?

No? Then, no. They don't need your advice on what to do with their revenue

No and neither are you. As far as advice is concerned, how about basic service to their paying customers?

But I didn't tell them how to spend their money?

Or do you want to want to play the "no u" game more?

As far as the basic service argument goes, you made a conscious choice to play a game that you know doesn't have Australian servers. You can't demand after the fact that they give you Australian servers after the fact. You said it yourself - 8 years and no Australian servers! How long will you foolishly sit around waiting for them to set some up?

I could ask them to set up a server in my backyard because there's no datacenter in North Carolina. I'm a paying customer - do I deserve this basic service?

For the record, I couldn't care less where they put servers. I just resent your fallacious logic and snippy tone.
Blizzard would have to build upside down servers. Not gonna happen.
I could ask them to set up a server in my backyard because there's no datacenter in North Carolina. I'm a paying customer - do I deserve this basic service?

What's your ping time. 50 ms?

For the record, I couldn't care less where they put servers. I just resent your fallacious logic and snippy tone.

Sorry you dont like it, but I as well as a lot of others are fed up with the situation. As far as logic is concerned, this goes to your comments re Blizard affordability.

My main pont is that Blizzard to this date refuses to come forward and give us a straight answer. Also if this new MMO goes ahead, what will they do for their Oceanic customer base which numbers in the millions, in terms of lag spkes, ping times and local customer service offices.

My logic is not fallacious at all, it also is quite reasonable to expect that the same level of service quality be available to all players.