Pallys Unite! Fair CC (especially fear) break

Paladin
A long time ago, fear was easily broken by everyone and the classes that relied on fear for the majority of their CC suffered for it, mainly priests and warlocks.

To compensate, these classes became tanky, ie. drain locks, disc priests and this caused many ripples in their survivability because they would scale too well in better gear and become virtually unkillable, then burst would catch up and they would cry, it would pendulum back and forth.

Personally, I just want to be able to judge friendly targets for short term buffs (or even as a heal). Or what if judging a friendly target reduced the duration of current CC on them by 1-2 seconds? Something more fun.

I like this too. Something small and simple. I'd gladly take a 2 sec reduction. Gives them time to run away (in fear LOL!) AND gives us time to regroup and get back in the fight. Thanks!
Good Day, Everyone! :)

EVERY, and I mean every, CC has counter-measures... except Fear.

What are you smokin? There are more anti-fear abilities in this game than any other specific CC counter.
Would you care to list them, and explain how they counter Fear more than any other CC? I'm not talking about the "catch-alls" like trinket and invulnerability which affect all CCs (then leave us with only our class's CC break for the next 2 to 5 minutes). I mean specific class abilities that break fear (which you can life drain through and do substantial damage without it breaking). Fear can be cast over and over with no CD and no penalty other than DR. And maybe next time you post such intelligent comments like "What are you smokin?" and give such detailed information about names and numbers of abilities that counter fear compared to other CC breaks to back up your comment... er, no wait. You didn't have any of that. Thanks for sharing though.
I'm not sure we need a new ability to break fears whenever we want. However, fear should be less powerful than it actually is. It really is unfair to have fear function as a stun that slow teleports you to a gap away, which is pretty much deadly when we have no gap closer. It should be fixed with higher diminishing returns, a little less spammability, and much less resistance to damage.
Our cc's suck really , Blinding Light only every 2 mins while Fear every sec.
Tremor is too strong due to the talent Totem Restoration (reduces the CD to around 30 sec). To offset the AoE fear nerf, Tremor should be removed from this talent. It'd feel less countery with a 1 min CD.

Tremor is not too strong, its a perk of the class.

And to OP, I agreee that fears are a bit ridiculous, but I disagree with you on Hand of freedom and emancipate, I think they are actually a bit OP, including druid shifting.
I'm not sure we need a new ability to break fears whenever we want. However, fear should be less powerful than it actually is. It really is unfair to have fear function as a stun that slow teleports you to a gap away, which is pretty much deadly when we have no gap closer. It should be fixed with higher diminishing returns, a little less spammability, and much less resistance to damage.

Definitely not whenever we want. But Hand of Freedom/Emancipate are nearly useless IMO. And like Pallysrs said, our CCs suck. Repentance breaks if you (or anyone) touches them. Blinding light every two minutes. If Rebuke had a 20 yard range, which I think it should, even if the CD was increased to 20 secs, we could cycle it with Fist of Justice, trinket and be able to get about 4 breaks from fear in two minutes if we aren't in the middle of GCD when we need to cast ANY of those things. Of course, even then it's just a simple re-cast for the lock. I just think HoF/Emancipate needs to be glyphable to include fear/sleep/polymorph on a 30sec CD (MINOR glyph. If we double the CD we shouldn't have to sacrifice ANY of the core glyphs we have, however "average" they are for Pallys). That would still give locks plenty of successful fears that we'd have to either interrupt with stun or trinket out of (2 mins). But Rebuke is zero range. TRY running up to a lock in 1.7secs to Rebuke fear. HoJ 10 yard range. With constantly being feared, how often do we make it to 10 yards just in time to stun. 20 yards with FoJ, but Fear is 30 yard range. I understand that keeping people at range is KEY to the fundamental workings of a Lock. But being at Melee is KEY to the fundamental workings of a Pally. So why should their needs trump ours? But as was also mentioned above, we didn't get those fancy "get into melee range" tricks that DKs and Warriors got. We got another 10 yard stun with 2 minute CD. Tanks a lot, Blizz (see what I did there... see?... I said "Tanks", ya know, cuz we are. See what I did? LOL! ;) )
Unfortunately the only thing you can do against fear in arenas is los and pray. Sac used to be good, but now is only useful vs sheeps and other disorients/incaps. I dont understand how you can break sheep with sac, but they want you to take 50% of your health for fear to break. I have people kill me in fears in arenas when im at half hp, its getting out of hand
Undead paladins!
"Dear blizzard, I am a paladin and i have the games best defensive ability by a landslide, yet i feel like i need moar." Wow seriously? You are the only class that can't break fear 2 or 3 times, lich born, berserker rage, nimble brew, tremor totem, fear ward, and i am not including bubble ice block cloak of shadows or any of those other abilities that easily break everything. You know how hard it is to go into arenas and not find a team with one of these classes and i will have to cast fear 2 or 3 times juking interrupts to get it and it is removed without a trinket. Using fear as an example of an overpowered CC was just dumb. Try re-posting with a cc that really "can't be broken". Oh wait their isn't one! You have immunity to everything! And yes you are QQ'ing.
Your necro of a 5 month old thread was pointless.