Kanrethad Nerf?

Quests
1 2 3 5 Next
I finally got my Fel-Flame quest chain today. Took me roughly an hour to get everything finished up to Stage 8. Of course that's the last part. You defeat Kanrethad and you take his essence, thus granting you green flame. Seriously though, I have been trying to kill him for over 10 hours straight! It is WAY too difficult blizzard! I have a sort of mentor Warlock friend in guild, he's a 502 ilvl PvE lock and even HE can't kill Kanrethad yet.

My question or my plead to you Blizz is, will you please nerf this guy? Maybe take out some mechanics or something? It is just ridiculously hard to get him past 95%.
i guarentee you that is normal. not knowing the fight garners you a life expectancy to get him somewhere from 95% down to maybe 85% partial to moderate understanding and execution will get you to about 65% to 50% near flawless execution and understanding can get you down into the low 40's to as low as near death. Perfect in every category with no mess up's proper aggro control. proper pit lord control. proper imp phase/felpup phase/doomguard phase.... likely means a kill. yes i want a nerf... but as for now i press onward for green fire. i dont view it as "im a better lock than you" any lock claiming elitism cause they beat it is just stroking e-peen as this fight is simply about managing and properly executing the phases in order, on time, and without messups. you dont have 9 buddies to hold your hand so you have to do everything.

This guy is killible with 471 gear and up. the gear gives you a buffer... but this fight is about 85% mechanics. 15% gear. least from what i see.

Edit I do feel your pain though. Its one thing for all things to be this hard. its different when most things are easy and given... and this is such a contrast. welcome to progression :D
Well said. I just can't seem to stay alive past 80ish%. I use my Inferno, ROF, and the Pit Lord's charge\fel breath, and the Imps still stay alive. I'm a 479 Ilvl. I recently changed some of my talents and glyphes around to be quicker at Enslaving the Pit Lord and such. Fortunately for me though, I have a butt-load of Elder charms to spend next week to get me well into the 480+. I'm going to keep giving Kanrethad a run for his, well "Green fire money" every day.
This character hit 90 after 5.2 released. I've done a fair bit of pvp and now (thanks to this quest line) a couple weeks’ worth of LFR. I'm well over 60 attempts at this boss. Yes I'm sure plenty of those fails where due to me screwing up part of the strat, but far more are from the shear lack of output I suffer from my wasted stack of PvP Power.

It bugs me how much the boss's difficulty favors PvE players. Yes I realize that scenarios are PvE content (the fact that this class quest is hinged on one is terribly assuming imo), and before anyone starts the whole "plus it's been killed by people in full pvp gear" - I don't care. That's not the point. The point is this event is plenty difficult for people WITH gear, it’s painfully unforgiving to anyone without.

One of the things I've always enjoyed about RPG's is customizing a character. That's all I wanted out of this quest line. Not some I'M THE BEST WARLOCK IN WoW title, which is apparently what this has turned into for anyone that wasn't raiding or at the very least revered with the daily factions prior to this quest.

So the options are,
A. Fight the boss without making a single mistake, and hope DPS is high enough to beat the enrage timer. (And yes I know about purification potions- they aren’t provided by the quest giver, therefore should not be mandatory.)
B. Wait months to finish this quest while I grind all of the dailies that I've already done (more than I wanted to in the first place on my other characters) to snatch up some valor gear.
C. Spend my time playing, not in BG's like I'd prefer, but taking my chances in LFR. Which I really have no desire to do.
D. Wait until I've collected my Tyrannical set for a little bit of ilvl padding, even though I'll still be at a distinct disadvantage as this guy is a raid boss not a player.

yay.

I get that with difficulty comes a sense of accomplishment... And I am ALL for that. But shame on you Blizzard for not using Challenge Mode tech on this. The encounter could have easily been tuned for ilvl 440-463, maintained the same level of difficulty, and at the same time been accessible to ALL 90 Warlocks.

This boss demands far more from players without a cache of previously acquired 489 gear than it does of those without and for a class quest reward that could have just as easily been a glyph crafted by every Scribe in the game, it really seems ridiculous. My play-style shouldn't be a limitation for an aesthetic modification / character customization.
03/27/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Sixxer
My play-style shouldn't be a limitation for an aesthetic modification

Preach it.

In fact, with gear giving people a slight edge, it is almost like they want you to slog into a few months of gearing up in order to complete your carrot on a stick scenario.

Why else make the final boss a brick wall if you were not ment to hit it?

With one masterful stroke they made a fight that keeps the worthless elitist pricks happy, a way to keep -you- paying month after month trying to get a prize that should never have been 'prestige', and got to do it with a slap dashed chopped up 'quest' that feels unpolished, buggy, and dissapointing.
Honestly blizzard, this fight should be set to heroic dungeoun standard and not just the Elitiest wow players
I would just like to add some words to this.

I honestly will say i do not play this game that much therefor i am a "casual" player. I have a life. I have a girlfriend. I cant spend 10hours trying to do this last fight. Call me a "noob". Maybe i am? But this fight should not be as hard as it is.

First off. The tome is way too easy to obtain if you wanted "elitist" to obtain the tome then make it where its way more difficult to obtain.

Second. Honestly this fight isn't near enough as awarding as it should be. Downing a boss that makes you want to rip your hair out, Then just getting some green flames? I would understand the fight being as hard as it is if there was like a mount thrown in or some kind of cool gear or just something besides just GREEN FLAMES!

Third. This fight shouldnt be just for the "elitist". It should be for all players in the game. Having green flames doesn't make you superior.

Bash on me all you want. I believe this fight should be nerfed.
The final confrontation in Stage 8 is not only difficult - it's a glorified pet fight - diminishing the skill of the player into a puppet (pit lord) show. Any fight that requires you to create and spam at least 4 custom macros to have a chance at winning is flawed.

The fight could have been broken into a stage for each discipline to test and highlight the full capabilities of the class: a fight requiring affliction mechanics, demonology (not unlike the current fight), and destruction.

If they wanted to really focus on the pet use, they could have set up stages requiring each of pets special abilities; instead we are left with an encounter that encourages the player to do the opposite of Blizzard's intentions - spam vs skill.

I'd rather have the quest gated with rep, farming, and dailies than finally get the drop only to be presented with an overcomplicated pet battle.
In my opinion about the only nerf it needs is to make Chaos Bolt not pretty much 1 shot you. There's so many things going on at the same time that you have to watch that by the 2nd or 3rd pack of imps/felhunters you forget about chaos bolt until it hits you in the face and you have to start again.
This final fight is pretty tough. from so much raiding not requiring various brands of CC to all of the sudden dig out the stuff you stopped using in vanilla. And then the audacity to give him a one hit killshot you can't break LoS on? I under stand uninterruptible stuff is worth while to contend with in a real raid, but that's alot to ask of a class that barely has any damage mitigation other than overwhelming damage.

Give us an option to make it harder or not, I personally don;t want to get aggrivated with a game. When I do, I rarely pick it up for months or even years at a time. It doesn't feel right for a solo instance.

Also, Since i'm in the instance and had to log, can I just que up again or do I have to suffer farming the book again?
I would just like to add some words to this.

I honestly will say i do not play this game that much therefor i am a "casual" player. I have a life. I have a girlfriend. I cant spend 10hours trying to do this last fight. Call me a "noob". Maybe i am? But this fight should not be as hard as it is.

First off. The tome is way too easy to obtain if you wanted "elitist" to obtain the tome then make it where its way more difficult to obtain.

Second. Honestly this fight isn't near enough as awarding as it should be. Downing a boss that makes you want to rip your hair out, Then just getting some green flames? I would understand the fight being as hard as it is if there was like a mount thrown in or some kind of cool gear or just something besides just GREEN FLAMES!

Third. This fight shouldnt be just for the "elitist". It should be for all players in the game. Having green flames doesn't make you superior.

Bash on me all you want. I believe this fight should be nerfed.

I have a fiance.
I have a successful job.
I know my class.
I have a life.

I have green fire. It's not hard.
Honestly blizzard, this fight should be set to heroic dungeoun standard and not just the Elitiest wow players

After spending 11 and a half hours and four thousand gold in food buffs/repairs/flasks I killed it.

My entire day off of work went to that, my warlock isn't my main. I heal on a priest. Learn the mechanics, do it right, pay attention. Once you figure everything out it's not that difficult.

There is a reason the Annoying Imps ask you "You really thought we were going to just GIVE you green fire?!"

P.S.
You can eat every single chaos bolt he casts. At least I did. I found it more difficult to line of sight it, it was also a waste of time and dps to los it
04/03/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Savaric
I believe this fight should be nerfed.
I agree...
My beef with this fight is that it killed the fun and fluidity of the class quest to just hit a brick wall at the end. Honestly I haven't taken too many serious attempts at it. But I've got my stuff set up how I like and I don't feel like spending an entire afternoon messing up my action bars, writing macros, and key binding a bunch of stuff so I can wipe for hours on end and spend thousands in gold repairs.

Way to mess up what started out as a super fun quest, Blizz.

My other problem with it is that it has given rise to an all new breed of over inflated ego-maniacs with a condescending attitude towards any lock who has not completed it. As if this game doesn't have enough of that attitude already...

Ideally I would have preferred to have a moderately challenging fight at the end, but one that was able to be overcome without so much investment. I just wanted to see the quest come to fruition. Instead I feel like Blizz gave me a slap in the face and made something fun into an elitist popularity contest. That's what brawlers guild is for... they didn't need to ruin this class quest.
05/11/2013 06:34 AMPosted by Pinzingleton
Honestly I haven't taken too many serious attempts at it.

Go make serious attempts at it before you start crying for nerfs and how elitist people who have actually done it are.
I have had about 15 attempts and have only made to the first phase, but I don't really have a problem with the difficult I have a problem with the reward! Green fire common man!

Bliz don't nerf the boss increase the reward. Here is what you need to do increase all spell power by 25-35% increase one shot spells like choas bolt by 50% for only the locks the complete the quest. If you cant finish the quest then go play a warrior hunter or DK and just mash keys.
I HAVE TO LEARN MECHANICS? OUTRAGEOUS!

Do you also not raid? (checks your armory) Wow did not even finish lfr. If you cannot do mechanics or gather gear to allow for error. Do you just want the reward handed to you on a platter?
This game's far too easy as it is. Please stop asking for them to nerf it even more. I myself haven't done the sequence because I don't have the time; but that doesn't mean the people who worked hard for it should have to see the difficulty nerfed through the ground. Let some things stay difficult. After all, it is "just green flames."