Staggering Shout

Warrior
Looks like the buggy staggering shout, wasn't so buggy after all.

Staggering Shout: Causes all enemies within 20 yards that are snared to become rooted for 5 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect.

Patch 5.3 Build 16758 notes:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=211652/5-3-ptr-build-16758-spell-changes-icons-and-more

Like, it could of been a bug to begin with but it looks like Blizzard likes it this way better

/salute

~Dragon Baby Ðeaven
Thanks blizzard, time to roll DK.
It is too bad it cannot be as powerful as the shadow priest's 30 second cooldown Void Tendrils.

Then again, it is a magic aura (I don't understand magic dispels) and it can be canceled by killing the tendril (tendrils can be buffed and healed).
Damage caused may interrupt the effect.

I was wondering why this ability never seemed to freaking work. I guess I'll pick up Piercing Howl instead.
Its bugged right now to break on as low as 110 damage, with this change the damage threshold is raised to what it will be for other root effects. Its annoying that they have to be snared first but this change is better then what we have now.
hah!
Looks like the buggy staggering shout, wasn't so buggy after all.

It is buggy.
It was confirmed on twitter that it shouldn't be breaking on minimal damage like it is now.
It is buggy.
It was confirmed on twitter that it shouldn't be breaking on minimal damage like it is now.

I wish they would just reduce its range to 10 yrds and remove the needing to have a snare on the target. Just make it like all the others please
My double Disable root doesn't break on damage or have a CD, and all Monks get it baseline without having to Talent for it...so why the !@#$ should the Warrior root, which has a CD and you have to talent for, break on damage?
My double Disable root doesn't break on damage or have a CD, and all Monks get it baseline without having to Talent for it...so why the !@#$ should the Warrior root, which has a CD and you have to talent for, break on damage?

Because blizzard wants more of you and less of us
Yeah, because Windwalkers do so well in PvP.
Because blizzard wants more of you and less of us

It's ridiculous how accurate this answer is for lots of warrior questions.
someone explain to me how a 40s cd root that requires a snare (which are removable) is attractive if it breaks on dmg?

EDIT: should it be called a stumble instead of a root?
someone explain to me how a 40s cd root that requires a snare (which are removable) is attractive if it breaks on dmg?

Easy. They nerf the other choices in the tier, staggering becomes attractive again.
I don't quite understand... Well, I get that alot when considering the MoP incarnation of Warrior.

We had improved hamstring, 30sec ICD and did not break, as well as piercing howl.

Now I just can't justify choosing staggering shout, a talent, 40sec cd, unreliable.. and FFS FFDFDGDFMGDFG SAKES ANOTHER THING I HAD ADAPTED TO HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM MY ACTION BAR.

This seriously needs to stop, holy crap.
I prefer Disrupting Shout anyway. Talk about Area of Denial...

Also, glyph your Intimidating Shouts. That's more useful anyway.
I don't quite understand... Well, I get that alot when considering the MoP incarnation of Warrior.

We had improved hamstring, 30sec ICD and did not break, as well as piercing howl.

Now I just can't justify choosing staggering shout, a talent, 40sec cd, unreliable.. and FFS FFDFDGDFMGDFG SAKES ANOTHER THING I HAD ADAPTED TO HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM MY ACTION BAR.

This seriously needs to stop, holy crap.

We need to wait til they fix stagger and see how much the threshold is raised before complaining.

Although we all know is going to suck, in the meantime just complain to get it fixed.
it shouldn't break on damage period. has an insanely high cd for such a crap ability...

Agree.
However we are not mages so complaining about it has a really low chance of changing anything.
I'm not into conspiracy theories at all but I swear this wasn't a bug. I think it was ninja nerfed to test it beyond prt - nothing else can explain why it worked, then didn't, then gets a nerf when there are no complaints about it being op on the ptr forums. I hate dishonesty, I really really do.