Tri Spec

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
How will this affect RPers? It will probably make godmodders happy.
It will probably not affect RP'ers at all.
If people already RP that they're the master of all of the specs, ever, being able to actually swap between the three specs won't change what they do.
This is probably an April Fool's Joke. I will believe it when I see it in game.
This is probably an April Fool's Joke. I will believe it when I see it in game.

blizz usually only announces april fools jokes on april fools day

which is... in april... not march
Bear in mind, they haven't actually announced it yet; it was just data-mined off of the PTR, and they've been known to throw in fake/cut stuff every now and then.
I've always treated spec as something aesthetic. I think if it's true, it'll allow players to have a spec for pve, pvp, and allow them to have a spec for RP, which I think would be nice. Like say I'm a warrior, I'm arms for PVP, prot for PVE, and with tri spec, I'll be able to have the fury spec I want for RP without having to by a respec for every event/mood.
I've always treated spec as something aesthetic. I think if it's true, it'll allow players to have a spec for pve, pvp, and allow them to have a spec for RP, which I think would be nice. Like say I'm a warrior, I'm arms for PVP, prot for PVE, and with tri spec, I'll be able to have the fury spec I want for RP without having to by a respec for every event/mood.

i actually think it would be nice because my main spec pvp/pve is prot

but i would like to rp as a weaponmaster of sorts, in which case fury/arms for rp