Major Payne’s Pet Menagerie: Kun-Lai Runt

Pet Battles
Stompin' around the peaks of Kun-Lai, the Runt is one tough cookie! While the cuteness factor is somewhat debatable compared to the Sunfur Panda, what do you tamers think of this pet?
I went out and bought a Sunfur Panda after the last Major Payne's Pet Menagerie!
it's very ugly and I don't really want it...
Dang Kun-Lai Runt....never stuns when I think he should

I think he should learn how to frost shock properly....those targets don't seem as chilled as they should be
It's one of the strongest pets currently in the meta game.
Love the Kun Lai Runt! He just smashes through all the Beasts of Fable critter pets! Plus he reminds me of Nidoking. /win
The drum bear sound of his feet always tell me it's time to summon another pet to follow me around!
03/25/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Mdarkskull

Not to go there, but uh... you got fangs for a face. =(
I've liked this pet since he was released in 5.1. Not much of a looker, but I found he's fun and I found uses for him right away. His stun combo aside, his beast moves (while being a humanoid) are nice for the beast of fable critters (or any critter slaying).
I want his stomp screaming back. It was hilarious and allowed me to give mine the name "Stompy". BRING STOMPY'S ROARING STOMP*FEST BACK. It may have been annoying, but not nearly as annoying as XT when he was first available in the pet store. ZONE WIDE SCREAMING.
03/25/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Warglaive

Not to go there, but uh... you got fangs for a face. =(

I don't have fangs... it's a skull mask... a dark skull mask, to match my name :3
03/25/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Mdarkskull
I don't have fangs... it's a skull mask... a dark skull mask, to match my name :3

Then get one for the poor little runt too, he never hurt nobody. And you're all "you ugly" up in his face.

Poor little guy.

Then get one for the poor little runt too, he never hurt nobody. And you're all "you ugly" up in his face.

Poor little guy.

I'm a handsome undead warlock... the only reason I wear a mask is because I don't want to be recognized in public, like most super heroes do... if the other warlocks see me doing good deeds, they'll laugh at me and put imps in my mailbox...

as for the runt, I have nothing against it on a personal level... it's just that IMHO pets need to be cute, or at least adorable... the kun-lai runt is ugly, scary and not very children-friendly... therefore, I don't really want to keep it as a pet...
He's an absolute monster with his Deep Freeze/Takedown combo. Plus his passive humanoid racial heal gives him some extra longevity that other pets might not otherwise have.

I almost always have him on my team regardless of what I'm fighting for my dailies, even when I frequently swap out the other two. Even with his attacks being a bit less effective against the two most common types in the game(beast/critter), he still has no problem largely powering through them.
03/25/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Mdarkskull
scary and not very children-friendly...

Might have something to do with getting called "ugly". Ever think about that? Words hurt.

Poor lil guy.

edit- more on topic, it was the first pet I saw roaming around the mountain areas up in Kun Lai, I thought it was awesome and had to ask in /1 what the heck it was for. Pretty much the only reason I got interested in pet battles at all... although it turns out I wasn't a huge fan of the battles, still like the pets. Still awesome.
My go-to pet against critters. I think it soloed the legendary grass hopper pet in valley of the four winds.
I will see you a Runt and raise you a Sunreaver Micro-Sentry <---he always trashes the runt in my pet battles vs other players lol.
I love my Kun-lai Runt! Throw him a biscuit and he gets even bigger!
Kun-Lai Runt is a beast. His moveset is amazing and I love him.

I think he's more adorable than the Sunfur Panda.
Ugly as hell but he decimates Dragons, and has earned himself a spot in my team rotation on that merit alone.