Faerie Dragon Mount

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
The color changing makes me think it'll be a Store Mount, but the fact that it's just a reskinned drake makes me think it's not a Store Mount.

I don't know if I want it or not. Kudos for trying something new with the drake skeleton either way!
It will be in the store. :D

No, it will not. It too is an April Fool's joke.

If it was an April Fool's joke they would have announced it on April Fool's Day.
The color changing makes me think it'll be a Store Mount, but the fact that it's just a reskinned drake makes me think it's not a Store Mount.

Whether they use the same skeleton or not is irrelevant to it being a pet store or not, since most of them reuse skeletons.

Does it actually change color or is that just MMO-Champ showing us different possible colours?
03/26/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Razortusk

Does it actually change color or is that just MMO-Champ showing us different possible colours?

It changes colour, which is new and unique. At around 0:10, you can see it transition.

Though I hope they slow that down when it makes it to live. It lasts around 1 seconds when it should last 3-4 IMO.
03/26/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Razortusk

wowhead's announcement on it said that it changes colors when you view the 3d model so the assumption was that it changes colors.

"The most interesting model by far is for Faerie Dragon, changes color in our modelviewer."

Whether they use the same skeleton or not is irrelevant to it being a pet store or not, since most of them reuse skeletons.

Mm, true. But a generic dragon model reskin? That's a bit much when people are always complaining about the ungodly number of dragon mounts we have.
wowhead's announcement on it said that it changes colors when you view the 3d model so the assumption was that it changes colors.

Cool, I just assumed the vid was MMO showing off the different possible colours like they usually do.
I like it but the face looks like Gollum from the 70's cartoon version of the Hobbit.
Mm, true. But a generic dragon model reskin? That's a bit much when people are always complaining about the ungodly number of dragon mounts we have.

Sparkle pony was just a reskin of Invincible.

Though not nearly as common a model as Drakes, the point still stands. I'd be willing to be a significant amount of gold that this mount will end up in the pet store. It's too shiny not to, especially since there currently (either ingame or datamined) and real "reason" to give players an ingame method of acquiring one of these.
I'm not sure that you understand how april fools DAY works.
So thats what the sprite darters look like all grown up.

Pretty sweet looking dragon.
If you look outside, you're not going to see birds with propellers instead of the "standard winged flying animation".

How many different flying animations would real dragon families have? I don't expect any gaming company to come up with a unique skeleton every time they release a new model, when the models are of the same family/genus/species etc.

Let's hear some new ideas if people don't like reusing skeletons.

For the record I never once complained about too many dragon/drake mounts, they're my favorites. I welcome more. Less stupid armor though, please.
I would love for it to be the 200 or 250 mount collecting achievement but im dreaming, its Blizzard store or new annual pass.
Its eyes are creeping me out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XTDWi8G3pj0

This is probably one of the best mounts that Blizzard have released since the fire hawks this mount looks amazing PLEASE BLIZZARD DO NOT MAKE IT BLIZZARD STORE it looks way too good to ruin don't do it, Nobody uses blizzard store mounts after the first day do not give this away for nothing make it rewarded!!

anyone else agree?

I do not care at all if people buy mounts in the store. You could put every mount I've ever gotten in the store and I would not proceed to care one lick.
Actually, I HOPE that it is a pet store mount, even though that means less exclusivity. My plastic is poised... come on Blizz, put it in the store!

BTW, Blizz said to changes colors in the modelviewer... does not mean that in live, it will do that as well. My guess is the final model will be single color. Here's an idea... have one basic color for pet store purchase, while other colors are reserved for things like soloing ToT... at least the first 3 bosses.
It would be to popular to be April Fools so many would demand the mount that bliz would force it to come live.
It will be the first mount I have gotten from the store, in awhile. In fact, it will be the first one I will race to buy from the store >.>

...and I hate Blizzard right now.
i hope its a Blizzard store mount it looks like it would be 1
i dont agree with you op

i want it to be accessible, aka blizzstore