Disc Priest 5.2 PvP Guide

Priest
Does anyone know where I can find a current PvP guide for disc priest?

Also, who is the best disc priest? (I can hopefully armory them and learn something). It helps me find them on twitch and youtube as well.

Arenajunkies has became useless and I never see any guides there anymore.
I can help if you have specific questions. are you looking to play Disc in RBGs or Arena? Noxxic has some general information as well.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/priest/discipline/stat-priority
Right now I'm just gearing up in random BG's but I'm looking to do mostly arenas (probably 2s until I'm capable for 3s).

I just don't know what enchants/gems and talent specs to go for, you know. I have some PvP gear right now and some gems but I literally just copied them off a priest on the leaderboards.

I heard bad things about Noxxic so I'm always weary to go there.

EDIT: Okay, Noxxic at least tells me the gems and what not.

Right now my stat priority I was following was mostly going spirit if I could get it and reforged out of haste and crit to mastery, if possible. Otherwise, I'd keep crit over haste. I've been gemming for PvP resilience too.

Also, who is the best disc priest? (I can hopefully armory them and learn something). It helps me find them on twitch and youtube as well.

if you're looking for what a lot of people consider the best disc priest and he also happens to have a twitch channel, then hydra is probably the guy you're looking for. he's an EU player. he's streaming right now too. http://www.twitch.tv/hydramist

if you're looking for what a lot of people consider the best disc priest and he also happens to have a twitch channel, then hydra is probably the guy you're looking for. he's an EU player. he's streaming right now too. http://www.twitch.tv/hydramist

Okay, awesome. This is exactly what I needed.
disc makes me cringe now. holy just has too much raw thruput to ever go back disc
disc makes me cringe now. holy just has too much raw thruput to ever go back disc

Throughput yes, but thats no different than a Resto Druid or a MW Monk. Personally, I'd bring a MW Monk over a Holy Priest every time. I like playing disc because we're a niche healer. My absorbs saves people so my Monk/HPally or RDruid can top them off. My Pain Supp and Barrier adds 2 additional cooldowns for my FC. My Spirit Shell adds a buffer to everyone so my other healers can drink.

With that said I will admit that Disc takes some time to get used to and learn. It's significantly different than any other healer especially with the 5.2 changes to Crit/DA. Holy Priest will be much easier to learn to play especially if you have experience playing any other healer in MoP.
People are seriously playing Holy now?

Man, I need to get with the times. Disc was like superior.
Disc is still far superior for arena/rbg than holy is. I'd say twitch is your best bet at getting back in with the times on your priest. Some excellent streamers to watch would be Fuzion/Hydra/Save, you can watch their video logs if they are not online. Definitely much better than watchin some random babble on about glyphs and what not on youtube lol, GL.

P.s, all those streamers also have armory links in their bio so you can research which gems/reforging is best.
I'm ante I also have some question could I ask you via battle tag or something?
LOL @ Angeless (disc a better niche?) nonsense my child!

Disc bubbles in rbg games are considered weaksauce to the immense amount of burst damage your opposing group can dish out. 90k shields per cast and hoping for a crit ? if you're playing in the 1500s yes it will be sufficient but if u are playing in the 1800s and above your bubbles will hardly soak up damage against teams with bigger burst. disc healing is too slow and so easily CC countered locked out to death. 90% of the time u will be spent healing yourself and throwing a bubble here and there. Damages eat through bubbles like they don't exist. If your other 2 healers were to die and you're left healing watch your dps drop 1 by 1 before your eyes. A disc priest cannot buy enough time for teammates to run back from gys if it was an endurance fight. they will go oom or shut down from casting anything.
Holy is far better by a large margin for rbg, can save lives doesn't go ooms as quick from instants and better raw healing.

the only place there is for a disc player is in the arenas. there slow heals and worthless bubbles are the worst spec to counter CCs in a big group environment. You will learn in due time. Holy provides better breathing room against CCing classes all while keeping your AOE damaged group from drowning in death.
Call me crazy, but it is hard to listen to anyone who starts off their well-reasoned *cough* reply with "LOL weaksauce". If you'd like people to listen to your mouth-breathing finger-words, perhaps you could try being constructive. (The Google can tell you what that word means.)

Since we're already not friends and you're (that means you are) a pig, let me keep going...
their (they own it), there (over there!), they're (they are).
Just go watch Hydramist play.
Since we're already not friends and you're (that means you are) a pig, let me keep going...
their (they own it), there (over there!), they're (they are).

This is by far and away one of the best replies I have ever read, on any forum, ever.
Sorry To Necro this thread, but I think both Holy and Disc priests have a place in Rbgs. They both have different strengths. Aoe healing is much stronger in holy, with divine hymm, Lightspring combined with Circle of healing. Also when spec'd correctly into mastery you will do a ridiculous amount of healing on multiple targets that Disc just cannot match. You also have the advantage of not having to worry about have having your bubbles being dispelled , which to a disc priest is devastating. With that being said Disc is a strong companion to a holy priest in bgs and can be a capable FC healer and has some strengths in an Aoe set up. If you are setting up archangel like you should be, Disc single target heals combined with Inner Focus and damage reduction Cds can buy your FC alot of time.
I have never been out healed by a disc priest in a bg as holy, however with that being said Disc does offer some utility that Holy does not have. However even including all the absorbs, which can be dispelled btw, Holy's throughput is just greater.
Disc has Inner focus, Pain Suppression and Power word Barrier, which is why Disc is the preferred spec in arena but also are just as useful in Rbgs.
Pick the style that you like best but I recommend trying both before making your decision.